OtakuBoards

Easter/Passover Thread by Popular Demand!

chibi-master

Okay, so I was going to post this in April, but Easter comes early in April, sooo... (Not to mention Chibi #1 PM'd me about this...)

What are some of your Easter traditions? Where are you going? Do you enjoy egg hunts? Do you enjoy egg hunts where the person with the least eggs is banished from your native country (miss you lots, Uncle Nardin)? Are you going to get your picture taken with the Easter bunny? Got any funny stories? *MOAR QUESTIONS*

I'm probably going to stay at home and wish I was young enough to hunt for eggs. I shall devour a great deal of ham, I assume...

Oh yeah, feel free to mention passover stuff as well!

Ready, set, POST!

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Ooh I get first post! LOL

Yes I did ask Chibi #2 to post this. Anyways I don't have all my work stuff for April yet. I do know that the day after Easter I start my phlebotomy classes.

As for Passover- I may be going to a Seder at my friend's house. She says that if I really wanted to learn about Passover her family's Seder really isn't the one to go to but it's better than nothing. Other than that I'm most likely just working the day before Passover begins (It starts at Sundown on the 29th of March and ends the 7th of April this year)

I'm not Jewish though, I'm Catholic. I just came up with Passover because one of my jobs is working as an RA at a predominately Jewish Assisted Living community- so technically I celebrate the holiday indirectly. And this year the Rabbi told us we could bring in food as long as we kept it away from the kitchen and the resident's dining areas. But we also have some non Jewish residents.... Maybe I'll just nosh at the Catholic lady's apartment down on the first floor in building 6.[/color][/font][/size]

Oh, how I love Easter, it being one of my favourite holidays. I always used to enjoy egg hunts as a child--my mum and I would hide a whole bunch of plastic eggs around the house and see if we could find each other's. In recent years I've been helping with the egg hunts at the church I sometimes go to, including hiding the eggs.

I don't celebrate Passover, me not being Jewish. But even though I'm not Christian, I celebrate Easter. I guess this is because Easter's one of those Christian holidays that's imposed on a pagan holiday (Chrstmas being the other). In fact, Easter eggs and even the Easter Bunny originally came from those pagan traditions corresponding with the celebration of the Spring Equinox. Of course, it's kind of weird because Easter is always after the first day of spring...

Nowadays I celebrate Easter on two days--its proper day and the Spring Equinox. However, I no longer go to the aforementioned church, and my mum's egg hunt tradition ended long ago, so... Well, there's hope. On my college campus are a whole bunch of dens made of tree branches out in the forest--so I'll probably leave a few eggs in some of those and see if people discover them. It's too bad I'll be out of town for the actual equinox, but... oh well.

[SIZE="1"]I love Easter, its one of my favorite holidays. It reminds me of what God did for us, and it reminds me that spring is finally here..which is my favorite season.

When I was younger we would visit family, have egg hunts, get Easter baskets, and get our picture taken with the Easter bunny. I miss those days, but that was a long time ago.

Nowadays I usually spend it with my dad, and my brother, my aunt and possibly my dad's girlfriend. We'll have the usual ham I'm assuming. My brother and I will drive to our mom's at some point to visit her as well, probably the following weekend. My dad does still try to color eggs and make us Easter baskets, lol. I'm planning on making a couple for a few people.

It better not snow on Easter again.[/SIZE]

I volunteer at this event called the Eastercamp which is run by a conglomerate of churches in my city. It is a place where 4000+ young people come to chill out, and hear the good news of the gospel.

This will be my 10th camp, 4th as a volunteer. I almost didn't get time off from work this year since the early date caught me by surprise.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='chibi-master']Okay, so I was going to post this in April, but Easter comes early in April, sooo... (Not to mention Chibi #1 PM'd me about this...)

What are some of your Easter traditions? Where are you going? Do you enjoy egg hunts? Do you enjoy egg hunts where the person with the least eggs is banished from your native country (miss you lots, Uncle Nardin)? Are you going to get your picture taken with the Easter bunny? Got any funny stories? *MOAR QUESTIONS*

I'm probably going to stay at home and wish I was young enough to hunt for eggs. I shall devour a great deal of ham, I assume...

Oh yeah, feel free to mention passover stuff as well!

Ready, set, POST![/quote]

I attend Vigil Mass, which lasts about three hours, then go home and collapse---but that means I get to sleep late Sunday. :animesmil

Usually it's dinner with friends but this year we're alone. :animecry:

I remember Easter egg hunts!

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Well this Saturday I'm taking my daughter to an Easter Egg hunt at church and it's supposed to be a nice day for it too- which is a rarity in Western New York. Easter SUnday I'm missing mass and will have to observe Passover at work and figure out how to have breakfast on my 7-noon shift. I should probably clarify- I work at an assisted living community with a 60% Jewish population and tonight is the first Seder. Passover lasts for 8 days and there can be no levened items or grains in the building- or this time near where the residents eat. So it's just tea for me Sunday morning unless I want some matza with jelly.

[/color][/font][/size]

Ahh, Easter... funny thing is, Sakura-Con is happenin' this Sunday, which is also Easter. They always do this too, it's annoying.

Well, I'm not planning to abandon church, so yeah. Sunday will be me goin' with the family to church. I think my mom's helping out by making food for it or something, I'm not sure.
But otherwise, uh.... I dunno. I'll be enjoying any spoils I get from the prior day's convention adventures, I guess.

[SIZE="1"]My brother and me drove to our mom's on friday after work, and my boyfriend(Charlie) followed on his bike. We were planning on coming home last night, we left about midnight.

We were on the road for only 25 minutes when all the light in my car started getting dim, then the power steering went out. My alternator died, this would be the second time this has happened to me too.

We glidded off the road on 94, in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere, lol. Thankfully my boyfriend was behind us, and so he whipped out his tools and did his asian thing. My mom and step dad picked us up and took us back to thier house, and we left my car there for the night.

Luckily Auto Zone was open, so Charlie got the new alternator in in no time, then we piled all of our stuff back into my car and left. Now we're finally home, and my Easter plans were shot. No church this morning, and no dinner with my dad.

Now I'm just going to wing it and see where the day leads me.

[B][COLOR="LightBlue"]Happy Easter[/COLOR][/B]![/SIZE]