OtakuBoards

Nintendo announces DS successor

Katie!

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]lol Lady Gaga. <3

Gotta stick my neck out and say that I'm withholding any judgment whatsoever until it's unveiled at E3. And even then, I refuse to judge it until I've actually played with it firsthand. I can't tell you how many times I heard people said that the DS was gonna suck, and now look at it!

The tentative title [lol alliteration] is iffy, yeah, but...I have faith in my boys. Nintendo hasn't let me down yet.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The supposed 3D effects sound iffy, but we've come a long way since the Virtual Boy, so I'll go ahead and remain optimistic for now.

Anyway, people have been speculating that it might work a little something like this:

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Actual Japanese DSi Game"]Jf8udkeVcVs[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

I would love something like this. Just imagine playing Paper Mario on that. It would be so flippin' cool you can't stand it.[/FONT]

Well, I'll give 'em one thing: the Nintendo of this console generation has definitely made speculation a lot more fun.

The DS managed to make a perfect harmony of innovation and traditional fun, and that allowed developers to go in a ton of different directions (and go they did). It'll be hard to trump, but I think those guys have got it in 'em.

But really, part of me kinda wishes that this information hadn't even gotten out yet, because it's so little to go off of that all it does is drive me mad trying to make something solid out of it.

I've always liked Nintendo's stuff, so I've no reason to doubt that this "3DS" will usher in a new/different kind of fun for meh. It'd be nice to see a picture of what it'll look like though, based off that one article saying it'll have a "thumb stick". I mean, when I read "thumb stick", I think of the PSP. :V