OtakuBoards

Starting a new manga

Amy122

I would like to know how to start my own manga, I have the story set out...sorta, I have some characters drawn out and done and some of them I need to draw. I have a title set out for it 'Space Angel 2045'

Here are the names of the Characters:

Christine Okada - Main Character, she has amnesia and is very easily to anger. She's mostly trying to remember who she is, and who turned her life upside down her code name is Space Angel.

Nao Sano - Main Character, she's Okada's main rival she always challenging her to a fight, she's lost a few times but won a lot, but they mostly have a lot of ties. She's also known to have a big mouth at times. She has a younger brother who's close to Okada's age.

Gina Ando - Supporting Character, she's mostly a Repair Engineer and she's also Nao's partner. She always tries to keep Sano and Okada from getting into fights but they both end up telling her to stay out of it.

Takeshi Nogi - Main Character, he's a bit of both supporting and main character, you can also say he's the main villian of Space Angel 2045 he's the one who took Okada's happiness, memories and everything away from her. Aparrenly she 'insulted' him when she was only a mere child and to this day, well he can't forget it.

Kiyoshi Sano - Supporting Character, he is Nao's younger brother Okada or actually Kiyoshi falls for Okada and asked her to be his girlfriend but apparently, one thing he forgot was to kiss her and hold her hand.

Amaya Okada- she is the mother of Christine Okada

Yori Okada - he is the father of Christine Okada

Choko Temko - Supporting Character, she's the one who trained Okada when she tried to enter the Pirates. She taught Okada everything she had to know and learned how to control her temper.

Armand Uno - Supporting Character, he's the legendary Space Pirate Leader who was imprisoned by some Bounty Hunters eventually he was freed but later he 'disappeared'.

There might be more characters later so it goes...but other than that I do would like to know how to start my own manga...I have a list of items that I need but what about doing it by computer...?

Position is CLOSED: If I'm not going to get any messages, IM's, or even E-MAILS then the position for writer is OFFICIAL closed and will remain closed. I'll do it myself or I won't do a manga period. Unless someone e-mails me saying they want the position then I'll reconsider. Edited by Amy122

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well, to start your own manga, you'll need to have your story well plotted out and have your ideas for future events jotted down, you need tou have stable character profiles with all of their information and draw them out and whatnot, after you have most of your story done you'll need supplies, unless you plan to do a web manga/comic. To start your manga you'll need manga manuscript paper, screentone (if you like screen tone), and tone burnishers if you want screen tone, technical pens or pigment liners, markers (copics or prisma color or cheaper ones with VERY good quality), ruler (not the bendy ones, steel is good), and other things. There might be some that i'm forgetting but you'll need those in mind. Oh, and it may not be a good idea to put out all of your charcters and story title online if it isn't copywrighted. People like to steal lol. Hope that i'm of help. ANd you can ask if you need to know anymore.

AAAAAND, well by computer, well i'm not sure about that ^_^; best of luck~ Edited by Shineska

• 11 months later...
[b]What you need:[/b][list][*]Materials - Basic stuff such as pens, paper, pencils, etc...[*] Character Profile (Design, Personality, Role, etc.) - a short description or chart about the character.[*]Story Plot - Make a flow chart or something similar on how the story would flow. This is the important part so make sure it is well-planned out (no confusing parts, no contradicting elements, etc.)[*]Script - Make a script... You should also include there where to "cut" the chapter[*]Make something like a psuedo-manga (forgot what it was called D:) It's like the manga itself (actions of the character with lines) but not drawn very detailed. It's used to test out the flow of the panels and experiment on the movements of the characters.

Then... Draw away![/list][b]Tips:[/b]
[list][*]Make sure to organize the panels.[*]Get someone to act as editor. You may need another person to judge your work, it may look perfect for you but it may looked flawed or weird to others. (Maybe a friend)[*]If you suddenly thought of some bright ideas, jot it down on a notebook. And if you want to put it in your story, make sure that it won't disrupt the flow of your story.[*]Make the characters as unique as possible. As you draw, the drawings won't look perfectly the same as others so you should always have that certain something that would make the character recognizable. (ex. hairstyle, accessory, etc)[/list]

* My English kinda sucks so sorry if you find it annoying. :)