OtakuBoards

Twisted Metal: Wreckoning

Inuyasha Fandom

"Hmph." Riley snorted. The car around him seemed to shudder at that moment, Riley extending his force pf personality around the old station wagon. The car now seemed to give the silent semblance of life to the car, its headlights glowing dimmly, as if the lights were about to die out completely.

The car gave an audible roar, sounding sinister and completely out of tune. The poor car had been left undisturbed for nearly four months now. Seldom did people dare to venture into this resting place, the shells of other vehicles all around him, each with their own story to tell. But, Riley was all alone here. Riley controled everything within his domain. He allowed things to happen or not happen. Many beautiful cars were still waiting to be junked because he had hidden them away under piles of lesser, more destroyed cars.

The raidio in the old car flickered on, the knobs twisting to find a channel. The melody of the final fantasy victory music now playing from its speaker system.

This car..... who was it? They were moving through the graveyard swiftly, like they knew exactly where they were going. They were bypassing all of the dead ends, coming directly for him. Something in the black sedan had a lot of power within it. Something... dark. Darker than Riley's mood.

"So... they're here for me. It's not Mom or Dad. Let's play with them. No harm in letting them close." The station wagon begun to move forward, the body of the car lifting off the ground, as he steered the car into the path of the one seemingly seeking him. Once the car was in sight, the radio switched over to another channel, and another song. Blaring through, came the song 'Black Rose.' Riley didn't know the singer or the band's name, though he had heard it shortly before he died. It was one of those songs he'd memorized, and it played for him now.

The station wagon stood in a small clearing, surrounded by other vehicles.

From the sedan stepped a man, his face burnt beyond recognition. He was dressed in a suit, and a nice one at that.

"Riley Janze, it's a pleasure to make your aquaintence."

The station wagon's headlights blazed out light at that moment, shining like the most brilliant spotlights.

"Would you mind?" The man looked away, holding up his hand to his eyes.

Riley shimmered into view, sitting on top of the car. "What can I do for you? You disturb my so called rest." Riley looked over at the man, and the lights of the car dimmed.

"You poor child. You've been through a lot, haven't you? What If I could grant you one wish, no matter the cost, and no matter the consequences? Anything your heart desires." He smiled, playing the part of insincere bastard. "I am Calypso, and I come here to make a proposition.

"I'd say you're out of your mind." Riley replied.

"I see you, don't I? Isn't that proof?

Remaining silent, Riley thought. "One wish huh? What's the catch?"

"Ah, such a bright boy. Your parents must have been proud." He crossed his arms, and smiled. "The wish is a prize in my contest. You win, you get it. You lose... Well, what more can be taken from you?"

Riley smiled. "Fine I'll play your game. And losing means death for the others? Sounds like an interesting game of chance. I take it my car will need some tinkering?"

"Right on the draw! So brilliant! Yes, but I assure you, the process will be gentle. You'll be given a taste of victory as well." The man came closer to Riley, and touched him on the shoulder. "There, doesn't that feel better? Breathe in that air."

Riley's opened wide, he could feel himself breathing! Cool, refreshing air, it came rushing in, a relief he couldn't even begin to describe. "Life..." Realizing Calyso's hand was on his shoulder, he knocked it way, and the sensations left him, but he was physical again, real.

"That can be our little temporary patch up. A physical body, though not a living one." Calypso smiled, his grin full of malicious intent. "My beautiful work of art... It shall be seen anew... With your aid. Your team will undoubtedly find your abilities most endearing." Riley looked on at Calypso, his eyes sparkling again with hope.

"Good to know your onboard. Now, allow me to tinker with your car, and you'll be set to go. I'll fill you in on the rules as we go. This contest will be sure to leave quite the impression on those who'll be watching." Calysp

[B][I]
[COLOR="Red"]The contest has begun.[/COLOR][/I][/B]

Alrighty, first posts include your introduction. How did Calypso approach you? Did he calmly meet you? Or were you thrown into battle?

Pick wisely.... I'll be playing with you. You'll be meeting up with Riley in his junkyard.

Miss Demeanor rolled into the junkyard, knowing well the presence she felt.

A spirit controlled the junkyard, she could feel it was a young boy. Calypso had approached here mere hours ago, promising her a wish if she played his game.

Her car bumped and rolled, and it seemed as if she was being watched. Soon enough, she indeed came upon the spirit, puffing away on a cigarrette, and sitting on a wrecked car. She could still smell ever so faintly the air of blood around it.

The boy was physical, though not alive. He smelled of nothing, though he did exude a powerful air. The ancient car roared, though it sounded horribly out of tune. The headlights flashed on, temporarily blinding Miss Demeanor. Her bright and flashy car stopped, and she got out.

"So, you're one of my team mates? You're just a kid."

"But I happen to have some very special tricks up my sleeve." The car began to roll forward, the engine sputtering out. But, the car didn't stop, it just moved closer to her own. "You see, I'm not among the living. I wish to return to life. That's why I'm playing this game."

"And I'm out for number one." She replied. The station wagon, in the condition it was in, and the fact it was moving, both slightly disoriented her. This was someone who had nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

She could exploit that.

"Wanting to play, are we?" Riley said, sitting down on the front of the station wagon. He took a puff from his ciggarette. "Ah... good things to savor."

The woman before him came across as a cool operator. Could come in handy down the line. Riley patted the hood of the station wagon. "You want to know how things are, do you?" He remarked, when she didn't say anything for a few minutes. "I told you, I'm already dead. This beast of a car met a sad, pitiful end, along with the driver." He smiled then, a cold and cruel one. "To win this game, you and I will have to team up. Ready to do that?"

The woman snorted. "As long as I get my wish, I don't care. But, I might as well know the name of the person I'm working with."

"Riley. Show me the same courtesy."

"Miss Demeanor."

"Explains the outfit." He closed his eyes then, and smiled. "We have visitors." He opened the driver's side door, and it gave a horrible screech as he did. His physical form shed, and the car shook to life, eerily shaking like the silent engine had come to life. The radio churned, the static loud. A techno rendition of The Phantom Of the Opera sounded. "Let's give them something to play with. I'm sure they're here to do the same."

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]ENEMY SIGHTED:[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR="Yellow"]YELLOWJACKET[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g192/molnir/TAXI.jpg[/IMG]

Riley smiled, and the old wagon gunned it, peeling out in the dirt. With Miss Demeanor darting into her car, he sped away, she eating his dust. But, a mere few seconds later she was beside him, and they were set on their mission.

But, Calypso had been busy. Very busy. Various weapons had been scattered around the junkyard, ranging from shot guns to missiles. Fitting stations had been made... safe havens to reload your weapons. Interesting. Looking around his new dashboard, he saw all kinds of goodies to play with. Behind him, the car was now seemlessly rigged with weapons. "Let's have some fun..." Around him, at his will, the junkyard animated to life, functioning as it normally did during the day. The lights flickered on, poorly illuminating the junkyard.

Riley heard the tell tale signs of battle, machine gun fire. hitting a switch on his dashboard, two popped out of the front undamaged side. Racing along, he soon spotted the other vehicle, a bright yellow taxi cab, near the car crusher. Inside was an old man weilding a handgun of some sort. Not that it mattered. Riley let loose with his bullets, but then spotted something else happening. Hitting the com switch to the other vehicles that would be joining him. he shouted into the mike "Under fire! Multiple targets!"

The machine used to crush vehicles was rumbling horribly, something was wrong with it. Riley jetted to away from the machine, and no sooner did he than it exploded, sending two wrecked cars out of it and onto the ground. Riley watched as the cars repaired themselves, and joined the fray.

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]ENEMY SIGHTED:[/B][/COLOR]

It had been a long drive and though time was no issue for an ageless being, the twisted metal tournament would not last forever and this may or may not be the last. The nuclear powered car zipped along the freeway tripling the speed of vehicles driving ten over the speed limit. It wasn't long until the city where site of it's 'team' was gathered was located. Sensors come online denoting thousands of human life forms in the city but his target was not inside the town proper but on the edge thereof.

A large structure of metal on the outskirts of town denoted his destination. As it approached the junkyard, the android noticed that the gates were wide open and the games were already on their way. It's audio receptors picked up the sounds of combat. A button on the steering wheel caused the car to burst into action, moving in a blurr to the naked eye.

It had already been downloaded with the information of the members of it's team available and was able to easily discern the difference between friend and foe out of the five currently battling automobiles. The nitrous runs out just in time for it to make a sharp turn snagging up a rocket launcher drifting the turn. With the single shot it holds, the android holds it with his free hand, no place to mount it on the vehicle as it aims and fires at one of the two wrecked cars, catching it on the rear passenger side blowing the tire and wrecking the rear end. the car fishtailing to regain it's composure.

If the race car's driver heard Riley's words over the speakers then it didn't respond. The only thing that Riley and Demeaner could be sure of was that the formula 1 driver was on their side... for now.

Encountering the old yellow taxi was a surprise, but she paid it no mind. Unleashing her machine guns, the bullets flew at the Taxi. It managed to move itself out of the way, though Miss Demeanor could see the faintly glowing red spikes along the bottom of the enemy.

Jetting forth, her own car responded in kind. The hatch of the car popped open, and seven long, spiked chains sprung forth. Slamming on the brakes, Miss Demeanor smiled and spun her car into a 360 degree spin, slashing the blades attached to her chains across the passenger side of the taxi.

"Screw you, cunt!" he screamed, and Miss demeanor felt her car rock from something slamming into it and exploding. Her car was special now, some kind of energy was infused into it, allowing it to take more damage than one expected. Calypso had said he would need to mess with her car...

Either that, or the weapon fired hadn't been able to do as much damage as she assumed.

"So, Calypso wants this to last awhile... Good thing those regenerator stations are here."

Gunning her engine, she rocketed away, just as the station wagon entered into the fray as well just as the compactor exploded.

"Under fire! Multiple Targets!" Riley's voice cracked over her com radio. Looking to her right and left, two cars had slammed down on either side of her. They rebuilt themselves, and over her radio came a voice.

[COLOR="Red"]"Well, I see you've met two of my friends. They were such good competitors in the last tournament, I thought I'd give them another run."[/COLOR] The voice laughed, and the radio went dead.

Peeling out clouds of dirt, Miss Demeanor sped away from possibly being double teamed. She turned her car aound, just as another vehicle sped into the junkyard and in front of them. A loud explosion rocked one of the enemy cars, the silver Stallion, demolishing the back end of it.

Who ever this was, he was on their side. "Just how many people will be on each team?" She thought our loud. "Ah well. It doesn't matter." Putting the pedal to the metal, she roared back into battle, and used her special weapon again, reaving the Stallion's side. Pressing another button on her dash board while she spun, she watched as her right headlight flipped down, sending a rocket roaring at the taxi opposite her backside. It slammed into the front fender, exploding loudly and sending the taxi into a tail spin. Heading for the taxi again, she pressed the buttons on her dash, send a barrage of different weapons at the taxi. A loud explosion resounded from the taxi, and when the smoke cleared, the driver was dead and his taxi demolished.

"One down, two to go."

The old wagon shook from the explosion of the old taxi, Riley smiling as he felt the car rock.

"Hmmmm.... I think it's my turn to deal some damage." The radio blared out again, this time playing Dolly Parton's 'I will always love you.' His headlights shone a brilliant green, the massive car roaring to life. The engine groaned and grumbled, sounding as if it desperately needed a tune-up.

Heading for the sparkling BMG, Riley smiled as the opponent was caght in the headlights. He smiled, and the opponent was forced to come to the conclusion his vehicle was no longer on the ground. As Riley watched, the BMG was flung around like a child's toy, before being flung into a scrapper.

You see, a scrapper basicly mulches cars. There was a satisfying screech, and the engine of his opponent ceased as it fell victim to the machine.

One final victim... and he'd be that much closer to victory.