*GaLxY-GiRl* Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 My friend has got me listening to a lot of J-Pop lately.... and I was just wondering.... If you listen to Japanese pop bands/artists.... who do you like? Also... if you have any suggestions, as to which artists put out good songs, that would be cool too... [u]My fave (as of now)[/u] : Utada Hikaru .aka. 'Hikkey' (LOL ^^) - village idiot
Phantasy Freak Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 My Fave Japanese bands/people: Siam Shade Luna Sea :love: Dir en grey :love: Malice Mizer Utada Hikaru I think that is it...Can't remember..:)
Transtic Nerve Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 Well, I wouldn't want to waste anyone's time by posting all of my J-Pop/Rock groups but I'll do it anyway... ANythign with a star (*) next to it signifies I really like them. [b]J-Pop:[/b] 7House* Ayumi Hamasaki B'z Da Pump Favorite Blue* globe* Max Megumi Hayashibara Morning Musume move* SMAP SUrface* T-Kimura (or any of his works)* TM Revolution Utada Hikaru V6 [b]J-Rock:[/b] Chisato* Daisen DéspairsRay* Dir en grey* Dué le Quartz* Gackt***** Hakuei* hide Janne da Arc Kagerou Kagrra L'Arc~en~Ciel* LUNA SEA* machine* Madeth Gray'll Malice Mizer* PENICILLIN* Porno Graffitti* Pride of Mind Siam Shade Syndrome Transtic Nerve* X-Japan
Fall Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 I've listened to a few, but not much. I can't remember the group names now though. I can say that it's a different style of music that I've ever listened too...... :)
Shy Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 [SIZE=1]To be honest about 75% of all the J-Pop I have is from anime or Dance Dance Revolution. I try going online to find new stuff but I don't want to spend all that time downloading songs just to find out I don't like the stuff. Though I rarely ever hear anything I don't like...[/SIZE]
Hinata Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 Well seeing that I only am able to hear J-pop throught anime and so on and seeing that I'd like to hear more..CAN SOMEONE DIRECT ME TO A SITE THAT I CAN FIND SOME...and which artists do you think I should hear!!!!!
Guest Akito Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B] [b]J-Pop:[/b] 7House* Ayumi Hamasaki B'z Da Pump Favorite Blue* globe* Max Megumi Hayashibara Morning Musume move* SMAP SUrface* T-Kimura (or any of his works)* TM Revolution Utada Hikaru V6 [b]J-Rock:[/b] Chisato* Daisen DéspairsRay* Dir en grey* Dué le Quartz* Gackt***** Hakuei* hide Janne da Arc Kagerou Kagrra L'Arc~en~Ciel* LUNA SEA* machine* Madeth Gray'll Malice Mizer* PENICILLIN* Porno Graffitti* Pride of Mind Siam Shade Syndrome Transtic Nerve* X-Japan [/B][/QUOTE] I've heard all of then too! My fav J-rock is X-Japan(didn't know L'Arc~en~Ciel was considered rock, i always considered it pop, of course, i haven't listened to all of their songs) and I'm also adding on The Pillows P-Chicks Yoko Kanno Hajime Mizoguchi Maaya Sakamoto
Vegitto4 Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i] [B]My friend has got me listening to a lot of J-Pop lately.... and I was just wondering.... If you listen to Japanese pop bands/artists.... who do you like? Also... if you have any suggestions, as to which artists put out good songs, that would be cool too... [u]My fave (as of now)[/u] : Utada Hikaru .aka. 'Hikkey' (LOL ^^) - village idiot [/B][/QUOTE] I dont really listen to japanese. Bands.
Transtic Nerve Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i] [B]Well seeing that I only am able to hear J-pop throught anime and so on and seeing that I'd like to hear more..CAN SOMEONE DIRECT ME TO A SITE THAT I CAN FIND SOME...and which artists do you think I should hear!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE] You can always visit my site: [url]http://www.jikannohizumi.net[/url] Anyway, Akito you should try some Guitar Vader. They are a fairly new group and very popular in the Japanese underground rock scene. Very... unique sound to them.
Lady Macaiodh Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]ANythign with a star (*) next to it signifies I really like them. Gackt***** [/B][/QUOTE] of course he would put five stars next to gackt.
Guest Akito Posted January 15, 2002 Posted January 15, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B] You can always visit my site: [url]http://www.jikannohizumi.net[/url] Anyway, Akito you should try some Guitar Vader. They are a fairly new group and very popular in the Japanese underground rock scene. Very... unique sound to them. [/B][/QUOTE] TN, u are now offcially on my cool list!
*GaLxY-GiRl* Posted January 16, 2002 Author Posted January 16, 2002 Thanks for all of the information, people. [size=1]*throws it into the back of her mind, where all of her other important thoughts reside*[/size] :toothy::drunk:
Hinata Posted January 16, 2002 Posted January 16, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B] You can always visit my site: [url]http://www.jikannohizumi.net[/url] Anyway, Akito you should try some Guitar Vader. They are a fairly new group and very popular in the Japanese underground rock scene. Very... unique sound to them. [/B][/QUOTE] Thanx man I'll have to check it out one day......
9mm Avenger Posted January 17, 2002 Posted January 17, 2002 Personally, J-Pop isn't for me.....*shudder* My friends like J-Pop, but thats okay, to each his own...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now