OtakuBoards

Gears of War 3

CaNz

well, its still a while away, but there is plenty of info about it
[IMG]http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt278/PandasQ/gears-of-war-3-.jpg[/IMG]
Gears of War 3 has been delayed until Fall 2011
its supposed to be competing with big brands like Call of Duty (which may even get to five by then... who knows) in the holiday season of next year. The third and supposedly final game in this best selling third person, cooperative shooter is attempting to push both graphics and gameplay to the limits, with all the lovable gears feel.

[Media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Red3cp3iHQY&feature=player_embedded[/media]
this is the most recent multilayer footage i have seen.

[quote name='Official gears website']
You read that rightâ??a multiplayer beta is in the works for [i]Gears 3[/i], giving you and scores of other Gearheads an opportunity to test-drive 2011â??s biggest game before release. â??What modes will the beta include?â? you bellow, shaking your fist at the sky. â??What new weapons will I employ in my tyrannical march toward competitive online domination?â? Easy, friends! All will be revealed in due time. Sit back, speculate with your fellow fans on the official Gears forums, and keep your eyes on gearsofwar.com for more details.[/quote]

so yeah.. beta will be out soon. not sure how you get in yet but i will update when i do. your best bet is like they say in the quote gearsofwar.com

also there is this
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9t-IM7YTCw[/media]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]I'll be picking it up, seeing as I've played and beaten the two prequels but the fact Karen Travissty is writing this one makes me somewhat wary about the storyline content. I also dislike the fact Baird seems to have been pushed into NPC territory to make way for Anya, despite the fact the previous two games establish she's basically a non-com. [/size][/font]

• 5 months later...
So I have been playing the Multiplayer Beta, and I have to say it is really fun. I could go on and on about how much of an improvement it is from both of the other games... but everyone knows both of those multiplayers sucked.

Main thing different about this one is WEAPONS ARE BALANCED!!! You heard me right... you don't have to just run around with a Gnasher anymore (you can, but you are much more likely to be gunned down in this one)

The new weapons are kinda cool. Flame grenades just seem like better smoke grenades since they kill people if you strike them. The elephant rifle is a cool enough edition, and a fun gun to have when a sniper seems l,ike it would overpower a map. The Digger however is just an overpowered boomshot. I have never picked it up and gotten less than two kills. The retro lancer is of course the coolest new edition. the running melee is a little hard to control at start, but it is very much worth it master. the guns bullets are ridiculously powerful and it has a giant lancer clip... the problem is the radical bloom makes this a close range rifle. This gun is the perfect edition to counter the Gnasher without nerfing that gun. The last one I have seen is the sawed off shotgun. If you thought the Gnasher was leathal at short range, you gotta see this thing. it has tons of negatives, such as a slow reload difficult active reload and very small range, but it is easy to aim and if they are in your sights, they will quickly be out of them.

A few of the guns work slightly different but its not hard to jump right in and quickly adapt.

The maps are... Okay I guess... I hope they are holding out on the best ones though.

The new deathmatch gametype is fun. The respawns definitely make the game more fun. People are much more willing to go out there and fight when they can still play, even if they get unlucky. This makes the game much more chaotic and amusing. When the lives run out it is a return to the old gametype, so really it is the best of both worlds.

King of the hill is about the same, but with the movement speed being increased running all over a map is less of a burden.

Lastly the ribbon system (yes... these burly men get ribbons for doing well) is just another call of duty knock off... but hey, these stupid things are pretty fun to get randomly... and it gives the hardcore fan something to strive for.

I will update this later for when they release more things into the Beta.

• 3 weeks later...
Just Today they announced what will the Gears of War 3 Limited and Epic edition will have.

http://epicgames.com/community/2011/05/gears-of-war-3-limited-and-epic-editions-announced/

I feel empty not playing the beta, I got so used to the game play.

Yeah, I wish the Beta didn't have to end, but I guess they wasn't you to buy the game ore something. I was just getting used to the new gametypes too.
[b]Torque Bow Tag [/b]was a bit odd, I really disliked how the weapons took forever to respawn, so if you got killed or were one of the unlucky guys who didn't snag a torque bow at start, you were screwed. Running around a map fighting a team of snipers is just not that fun, though I can see why the people on the other end would love it.
[b]Capture the Leader [/b]on the other hand was a fantastic gametype that showcases the squad based combat we all love gears of war for. the matches can drag on if it is equal teams, but I am sure if they just adjust how long it takes to get to the "overtime" feature it will be fine. I like how you have to split your focus between capturing their leader while protecting yours. (unless you decide to capture the leader as the leader) and I have to say that 30 seconds is a perfect amount of times, as it usually gives you only one shot at saving the leader, since even if you are respawning, you will have enough time to run through the map and throw a good smoke grenade.

I really wanna see what improvements they will make on the multiplayer, since this is just the Beta after all.

I didnt play Torque Bow Tag because I'm not great with Torque, even though they made the weapons equal, I refused because of my past events on the Gears of War 2. I loved captured the leader, though I wasnt a big fan of being the leader, I preferred others, but not me. Team Deathmatch and King of the Hill are my favs like always.

As for maps most to least : Trenches, Old Town, Thrashball and Checkout.

Lol, omg, Im so ranting my personal favs and I dont think it matters. Pardon me...

I think it matters, and I am sure Epic Games is actually looking into peoples opinions this time, since they are really trying to give this game a multiplayer people enjoy.

I liked Thrashball the most, but honestly I find all the maps are way to linear, and I hope they decide to make more intricate ones later.
I am not sure how many of you played it, but Trenches with the Hammer of Dawn was just ridiculously aggravating. Whenever you picked it up you could easily go on a killing spree, but it didn't make up for the hassle it caused when you were fighting against it. after a while I would quit out every time the map changed to Trenches.

Speaking of quitting out, I love how the public games allowed members to be replaced by people who were looking for games. when no one was available a bot would take over, which is better than nothing... but the true beauty was allowing other people to come in and step up to the challenge of finishing some team off or turning the tides. I also like how the game kicks players who aren't doing anything. People who just want to be in matches for the experience tick me off. Is getting to the max level really that important?

You know that Hammer of Dawn has been a major pain in the butt at times, I always made sure to flame grenade anybody who had it, its was epic, lol. One other thing that did aggravate me was when certain players charged, I wasnt even close to them and they manage to capture me ([s]I was cursing up a storm[/s])

I do agree with you with the way they had the player system, I never had a problem with a person rage quit perhaps and the match ends.

I played Gears of War 2 and I felt really rusty, I just want September 20 to hurry up now, lol.

So did any of you guys hear about the Epic and Limited editions?

http://www.games-inet.com/news-gow3-limited-and-epic-edition-contents-revealed_1211.html
If you planned on buying this game new, you might wanna consider upgrading to the Limited edition. 20$ seems to go a long way in terms of fan apparel. THe Epic edition is a bit pricy, but I know people will shell out the cash for that statue.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1305973808' post='707512']
So did any of you guys hear about the Epic and Limited editions?

[url="http://www.games-inet.com/news-gow3-limited-and-epic-edition-contents-revealed_1211.html"]http://www.games-ine...ealed_1211.html[/url]
If you planned on buying this game new, you might wanna consider upgrading to the Limited edition. 20$ seems to go a long way in terms of fan apparel. THe Epic edition is a bit pricy, but I know people will shell out the cash for that statue.
[/quote]

[font="Arial"][size="2"]I have high hopes for this game, assuming that some of the glaring issues with the Beta are resolved by shipping day. I was not a fan some spawn placements (as are most gamers with every game) especially on the map "Thrashball" or just the Capture the Leader game type as a whole. I do not believe there is any need for me to go into the Sawed-off shotgun since, I believe, that was most polarizing and criticized issue of the Beta.

I have no interest in any of the apparel or the statue, though I know of many who are. They have me contemplating the Epic Edition only for the Infected Omen weapon-skin pack. Unfortunately, Epic Games knows how to take advantage of my weakness for disliking when other's have special in-game content that I am unable to obtain. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sweatdrop.gif[/img][/size][/font]

[quote name='Ryan' timestamp='1306031926' post='707530'][font="Arial"][size="2"]
I have no interest in any of the apparel or the statue,[/size][/font]
[/quote]

Well, you could always sell it on Ebay later on. I doubt you could make back the entire cost of getting the Epic upgrade, but I am sure someone will buy it.

I dunno if I mentioned the spawn issues before, but yes, they were definitely a bother in some of the maps. Thrashball had some of the worst, such as in king of the hill when teams could spawn right next to power weapons and instantly murder anyone using them. CTL spawning problems is annoying, but nothing was worse than having your leader captured around an enemy spawn point and not getting there in time.