OtakuBoards

Your thoughts on a slogan...

Endymion

You're driving or walking and see a billboard/sign/poster with a candidate and the slogan "Invest in the Future." What would you think regarding this at first. "Oh, this guy is going to cost me money :annoyed: " "Hmmm...what does he mean by that? :sweatdrop: " or "He sounds pretty solid, I'll consider voting for him. :sly: "

Thanks for the input!

i hope i wont have to pay my watch money to go forward. i would look like an episode of bobobo!

but to seriously reply to thy topique:

if there was a smiling man with that slogan on the billboard i would definetly take option 1. otherwise i would probably do my very best to ignore unless its somehow funny
they seem to know that funny gets mah attention these days! might as well host the cheezburgr site along the highway!

I am pretty sure anything a candidate says slogan wise is complete rubbish.
Invest in your future is implying that a vote now will benefit you (the connotation seems like a financial benefit but this could be anything) later on (however the future is a pretty vague time limit), but What it all really means is "vote for me".
Never baser your judgment off of slogans. They are made to make you think they are better than the candidates really are. Look at the policies they support and the objectives they are trying to accomplish.

[size="1"]P.S. Ohmagosh I love your banner.[/size]

• 1 month later...
[font="Palatino Linotype"]The slogan would frustrate me if that's all the sign says, because it's utterly meaningless. It could be a euphemism for a million different political concepts. I'd rather the candidate actually got directly to the point, or at least included a second line to put the phrase in context.[/font]