OtakuBoards

Your Favorite Food

CaNz

Eating can be costly, and with school, rent, and children there are occasions when we can't eat exactly what we want. Luckily there are a few solutions available.
I wanna know what you get to eat when you are trying to save money. I am not going to force you to stick to a price range, but try to keep with the overall theme.

My choices are :

Beef Top Ramen
[attachment=15140:1001029_070662010020_A_400.jpg]
Oh gosh I have been eating this since I was a kid.

Cup Noodle, Creamy Chicked
[attachment=15141:img00799-20100929-1423.jpg]
I have just started getting these, The Noodles are fantastic (but don't drink the soup... it is thick and nasty)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]I go bulk, when ever I get the chance that is. Say tax returns. I go out and buy a crap ton of bulk meats and canned veggies. Bring it home, split it up and it usually lasts me close to a year. As for quick meals, hamburger helper, ALOT of it. You'd be surprised how good that stuff as gotten since we were kids. It's amazing now. lol[/color][/font]

[quote name='Knuckles' Girl' timestamp='1306708609' post='707655'][font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"] As for quick meals, hamburger helper, ALOT of it. You'd be surprised how good that stuff as gotten since we were kids. It's amazing now. lol[/color][/font]
[/quote]
I love the beef stroganoff one. That or just mixing it with mashed potatoes (old school hamburger helper)

[quote name='Knuckles' Girl' timestamp='1307384702' post='707869']
It's a little more expensive, but OMG it is amazing!
[/quote]
Okay Mongolian beef is just beef chuck, green and white onions and oil, sauteed up, There is no way I would even pay what the restaurant I work at charges for it (about 8 dollars with tax) let alone any other possibly more expensive places. I might make it myself, but even the ingredients would be a bit more than I wanna dish out.

I should start another thread called stuff I treat myself to, for when I feel the need to whip out fliff like a sultan.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]I feel the same way about some dishes that places make, it would so much easier to make my self for a lot less money. Stir fry, curry and miso soup are a few of mine. But gotta admit, the days when you just wanna feel spoiled and you treat your self to that kinda thing...makes the day better. lol[/color][/font]

[color="#006400"]Rice. Rice anything. Cook up some rice and eat it plain, or delve into your spice rack if you're feeling fancy. I suppose the same could be said for noodles/ramen. Though I actually read recently that when you just have the broth leftover in a cup of ramen it's not uncommon to mix some rice in to finish it off instead of just drinking it. :P

So rice for everything. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack![/color]

[font="Century Gothic"]Peanut Butter Sandwhiches.......need I say more? Yummy and inexpensive. However, If I wanna lose weight I just buy a lot of canned veggies or low fat cereal. Stuff that is slowly perishable or un-perishable is preferable for stocking up =)[/font][size="2"][/size]

Reading this thread is starting to make me hungry. I might try a Pumpkin style peanut butter sammich, ( I like them... but in order for me to eat them I have to have milk)

I love how cheap bread is, and I have been baking a lot more, including making bread from scratch. Its is a bit hit or miss with the yeast, but I am getting pretty good.

• 1 month later...
When I was buying my own food, when I had a job and could get what I wanted instead of what my mom demands the whole house eats, I always went cheap. Ramen is okay, but because our house is usually broke, we eat so much of it. I used to get the Nissan Chow Mein Teriyaki Beef microwavable things. Since I don't eat much, I didn't have to buy many, and it was a step up from ramen. I also stand guilty of buying frozen chimechangas. >.> But, lots of canned veggies as well as flour/sugar/ect. so I could bake my own yummy goods and have it last far longer than buying some from the store.