Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Eating can be costly, and with school, rent, and children there are occasions when we can't eat exactly what we want. Luckily there are a few solutions available.
I wanna know what you get to eat when you are trying to save money. I am not going to force you to stick to a price range, but try to keep with the overall theme.

My choices are :

Beef Top Ramen
[attachment=15140:1001029_070662010020_A_400.jpg]
Oh gosh I have been eating this since I was a kid.

Cup Noodle, Creamy Chicked
[attachment=15141:img00799-20100929-1423.jpg]
I have just started getting these, The Noodles are fantastic (but don't drink the soup... it is thick and nasty)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]I go bulk, when ever I get the chance that is. Say tax returns. I go out and buy a crap ton of bulk meats and canned veggies. Bring it home, split it up and it usually lasts me close to a year. As for quick meals, hamburger helper, ALOT of it. You'd be surprised how good that stuff as gotten since we were kids. It's amazing now. lol[/color][/font]
Posted
[quote name='Knuckles' Girl' timestamp='1306708609' post='707655'][font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"] As for quick meals, hamburger helper, ALOT of it. You'd be surprised how good that stuff as gotten since we were kids. It's amazing now. lol[/color][/font]
[/quote]
I love the beef stroganoff one. That or just mixing it with mashed potatoes (old school hamburger helper)
Posted
[quote name='Knuckles' Girl' timestamp='1307384702' post='707869']
It's a little more expensive, but OMG it is amazing!
[/quote]
Okay Mongolian beef is just beef chuck, green and white onions and oil, sauteed up, There is no way I would even pay what the restaurant I work at charges for it (about 8 dollars with tax) let alone any other possibly more expensive places. I might make it myself, but even the ingredients would be a bit more than I wanna dish out.

I should start another thread called stuff I treat myself to, for when I feel the need to whip out fliff like a sultan.
Posted
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#000080"]I feel the same way about some dishes that places make, it would so much easier to make my self for a lot less money. Stir fry, curry and miso soup are a few of mine. But gotta admit, the days when you just wanna feel spoiled and you treat your self to that kinda thing...makes the day better. lol[/color][/font]
Posted
[color="#006400"]Rice. Rice anything. Cook up some rice and eat it plain, or delve into your spice rack if you're feeling fancy. I suppose the same could be said for noodles/ramen. Though I actually read recently that when you just have the broth leftover in a cup of ramen it's not uncommon to mix some rice in to finish it off instead of just drinking it. :P

So rice for everything. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack![/color]
Posted
[font="Century Gothic"]Peanut Butter Sandwhiches.......need I say more? Yummy and inexpensive. However, If I wanna lose weight I just buy a lot of canned veggies or low fat cereal. Stuff that is slowly perishable or un-perishable is preferable for stocking up =)[/font][size="2"][/size]
Posted
Reading this thread is starting to make me hungry. I might try a Pumpkin style peanut butter sammich, ( I like them... but in order for me to eat them I have to have milk)

I love how cheap bread is, and I have been baking a lot more, including making bread from scratch. Its is a bit hit or miss with the yeast, but I am getting pretty good.
Posted
I have a bread maker too! its called my hands and an oven.

I mostly make rolls though. perfect for sammiches and for bigger dinners.
Posted
[color="#000080"][font="Comic Sans MS"]I officially lose that argument. >.<

On another note, I have found another money saving food thing. Cornish hens. Single serving size, and only a couple bucks per...depending on where you live anyway. [/font][/color]
Posted
Yeah... I think that was what Noir was getting at (since whole chickens aren't 5$ normally), though for meat I kinda like like to spend money to get better quality.
  • 1 month later...
Posted
My dad does the shopping, but if it were up to me, I'd just get loads of instant noodles. They cost about 20p a pack xD
Oh and I'd get ham (sandwich meat) for protein.
Also, I couldn't live without chocolate. Lucky me they sell it for 30p in asda xD
Posted
When I was buying my own food, when I had a job and could get what I wanted instead of what my mom demands the whole house eats, I always went cheap. Ramen is okay, but because our house is usually broke, we eat so much of it. I used to get the Nissan Chow Mein Teriyaki Beef microwavable things. Since I don't eat much, I didn't have to buy many, and it was a step up from ramen. I also stand guilty of buying frozen chimechangas. >.> But, lots of canned veggies as well as flour/sugar/ect. so I could bake my own yummy goods and have it last far longer than buying some from the store.
Posted
[size="1"]

McDonalds dollar menu. If I could live at the D's and eat every meal there every day, I would in a heartbeat. This is perhaps due to my inability to cook and my current close proximity to many McDonalds restaurants.

[/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...