OtakuBoards

Seth McFarlane to make Flintstones reboot

Sangome

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]http://www.okmagazine.com/2011/05/seth-macfarlane-inks-deal-for-the-flintstones-reboot/
[center][IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/2iuouas.gif[/IMG][/center]

I got nothin'.[/font][/color] Edited by Mrs. Doctor Professor Lady

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Well, I think we all know what this is going to be like, seeing as it'll air on FOX and all.

So far we have Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, which is Family Guy BUT IN VIRGINIA AND WITH BLACK PEOPLE and American Dad, which is Family Guy BUT ACTUALLY KIND OF FUNNY.

So logically, this will be Family Guy IN THE STONE AGE. And since the Flintstones was never actually that funny, I don't think I'll worry too much about this one.[/font]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I just think somebody needs to stop letting him make TV shows, whether the original material was good or not. I don't really want another obtuse cartoon with unfunny jokes and a pedestal telling me that I'm an idiot for not believing what he believes. Granted there's already plenty of those, but I don't need [i]four[/i] of them from [i]the same guy[/i] on [i]the same frakkin' channel.[/i]

But maybe I'm just bitter.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1305683301' post='707430']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I just think somebody needs to stop letting him make TV shows, whether the original material was good or not. I don't really want another obtuse cartoon with unfunny jokes and a pedestal telling me that I'm an idiot for not believing what he believes. Granted there's already plenty of those, but I don't need [i]four[/i] of them from [i]the same guy[/i] on [i]the same frakkin' channel.[/i][/font][/color]
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Getting picky for a sec, I don't think MacFarlane has actually written an episode of Family Guy in at least two years. Granted, he's still involved, since he voices most of the characters (Including Brian, the furry little filibuster-spewing douchebag himself), but for the most part he's voicing the opinions of a bunch of monkeys on typewriters who someone on staff mistook for sentient humans with valid opinions. And like I said, American Dad is actually pretty amusing most of the time (It's ironically LESS political than Family Guy has become, despite its inherently political premise), but I'm pretty sure he's about as involved with that as he is with Family Guy at this point.

But yeah, they seriously need to stop giving him shows. I get that he brings in ratings, but is it really necessary to have his face branded over an entire two hours' worth of programming?

Eh, screw the whole thing. Back to ponies.[/font]

I am sure someone in the world would enjoy another family guy... It doesn't look like that person is frequenting OB though.

I can't support this, but even if it does happen I wouldn't mind, simply can't bebecause I would never watch it. Adding one more bad cartoon isn't nearly as bad as the thousands of reality TV shows.

[quote name='Gavin' timestamp='1305719257' post='707451']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Let him work on making his current shows funnier before he goes mutilating my childhood.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

Agreed. I just dont want any musicals going on, they aren't funny in Family Guy so they shouldn't add it there.