OtakuBoards

What type of games do you play?

Magus

It's been a while since I've made a thread (I think... I've been working so hard that I don't even remember). Anyway, it's a pretty straight-forward question, although I'm fairly certain that this was asked once before, but I couldn't find it.

You can usually find me playing action games that deals with a lot of hack n slash or beat em up. They're perfect for releasing some of that pinned-up anger. Speaking of which, I should probably get back into the Dynasty Warriors games since that's probably the best for releasing that anger.

I think, after I bought Super Street Fighter 4 I've gotten back into the fighting genre as well (Only 2D fighters though). No where as serious as I once was, but I'd at least want to get back on a level where I was considered decent. I don't plan on ever going as far as entering tournaments, but I wouldn't mind going to one just to see what the atmosphere is like.

That's about it. I don't know what Assassin's Creed or Metal Gear Solid would be considered as. And while I won't say that I don't play RPG's, it's just that the only RPG I have interest in is the Mass Effect series. Same with shooters, I'm only interested in the Halo series along with Gears of War series. (I do have Crysis 2 here to try out so yeah)

Well, I play pretty much every kind of game. I was taking a survey for gamestop, and it asked the same question and listed off a page full of examples. Both my roommate and I checked every single box.
I would say that the games I play least are sports and racing, but I love Wii Sports, NFL Blitz and Street, NBA Jam, Mario Tennis and more. Racing games is even less played, but I have played every Mario Kart game, as well as Crazy Taxi and Need For Speed... and there are tons of racing elements in other games that I play.

My favorite games are usually RPGs, and if I am playing with friends, I go for shooters of any variety. The characters of RPGs as well as the story and plot seem to be better than all the other games. If I am playing a game by myself I want those things.

• 5 months later...
Ive personally bee riight into Star Wars the Old Republic. I was always an Xbox fan ive got over 70 games but the console broke over a year ago so i decded to try an get back into a decent MMO, I havent played an MMO since the WoW days when it was fun. So i picked Star Wars up a few months ago and have been playing ever since. The storylines are really awesome it is so similar to the Knights of the old republic series which i loved!! Really a good game but not good enough that it got me hooked. i can still have a busy day and then at night i can relax and slice up some Imperials lol. Anyone else play this? Waddya think?

• 1 month later...
I play a great variety of videogames, though most of them are from the all-encompassing action genre. This means I can enjoy games like[i] Mass Effect[/i], [i]Ninja Gaiden[/i], [i]Mushihime-sama Futari[/i] and [i]Super Street Fighter IV[/i] without reservation. I've also enjoy action-less games (i.e. games requiring little to no reflexive skills), like JRPGs and adventure games, the latter of which I'm a big fan of.

It's probably easier to highlight the games I don't play. I'm completely uninterested in MMORPGs, so I'm perfectly fine living my entire life without playing one. I don't play deep strategy games, but not for lack of interest. I just rarely find myself playing PC games, so even though I've wanted to dig my teeth into some of these games, it's just not as appealing to me if I have to do so in a PC, which is a state that reminds me of work.