OtakuBoards

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

RedJ

[s]Yay thread resurrection[/s]

[center][img]http://pokebeach.com/news/0212/pokemon-black-white-2.gif[/img][/center]

Yes, Black 2 and White 2. Not Grey. Not a single, enhanced version, like we've got in past generations. Black [b]2[/b] and White [b]2[/b]. Not many details are known about the game at this time, aside from the two mascots for each version- Black Kyurem and White Kyurem (different forms of Kyurem, in case you couldn't tell).

Some new scans have recently surfaced and are apparently legit- behold the [url="http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2855392.jpg"]main characters and rival[/url]. The girl with a guitar is apparently a Gym leader. No details on the others shown yet.

There's also some random bits [url="http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2855389.jpg"]here[/url]. If I had to take a guess, I'd say either Unova has changed drastically or we didn't see all of it in the original B/W.

The games will be released in Japan this summer, and the U.S. and Europe this Fall.

So, uh. Thoughts? Hate? Love? RAEG? Edited by RedJ

[url="http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/May_issue_of_CoroCoro_magazine_leaked"][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Have a CoroCoro scan leak.[/font][/url]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]I preferred the designs of the protagonists of the first pair, but I'll probably learn to live with Sailor 'Mon and Volcano Mullet here. Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#9900FF]I'm of the camp that's not fond of the new player character designs at all. [/color][/font][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#9900ff]I've been a fan of/defended most player character designs -- even Lyra's -- but this I just can't really get behind.[/color][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#9900ff]They're not [i]terrible[/i], they just don't look like they belong on the PCs. They look more like they belong in one of the spinoff games, or as NPCs/rivals. It's also a huge step down because Hilda and Hilbert's designs were really awesome and they went out of their way to make the PCs older, and now we've gone back to the little kid protags. :/ The boy's design at least harkens to Hilbert's in terms of aesthetics, but the chick's clothes just don't go together at all.[/color][/font][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#9900FF] Though a large part of it probably has to be because the PCs don't look like they're designed by Sugimori -- the art style's different. You can tell in the eyes.[/color][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#9900FF]Outside of that, though, I'm really looking forward to it with the new info coming out. The new gym leaders thing interests me the most -- Dark type gym now? Please?![/color][/font] Edited by Sangome

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1334253156' post='711448']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#9900ff]The boy's design at least harkens to Hilbert's in terms of aesthetics, but the chick's clothes just don't go together at all.[/color][/font]
[/quote]
Thisthisthisthisthis.
I kind of like her hair, but who the heck decided to barf up that awful color combo? Especially the freaking pastel yellow skirt. WTF is that about.

The scans have been translated. Details [URL=http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/May_issue_of_CoroCoro_magazine_leaked]here[/URL] due to length.

I'm curious about some of the changes to Unova, particularly the craters in Driftveil and the lack of a lighthouse. I'm getting a feeling that a lot of stuff has gone down in the two years since the original games. And there's the ice covering the region, but it hasn't been confirmed if that's just to hide things for now or if it's actually part of the game.

I'm also glad that they're finally including some older Pokemon, and I'm hoping that Houndour/Houndoom is included >_>

The professor in this game is researching Pokemon strength, which the rival is also apparently interested in (and I lol'd at "From now, I'm going to rage!"). Reading around, some people seem to find him a bit...menacing. Perhaps the professor will be the villain this time around?

ANDANDAND. We're starting in a city this time around, not a town. Should be interesting. Although I'm wondering- why do they really need Trainer Schools? I mean, I understand that they're there to help [S]people who don't read the manual[/S] new players, but taking a realistic view, WHY is that necessary? One would think a few types and status ailments wouldn't take so long to drill into some kids heads o-o

As for the player characters, I don't really hate them, but they're not OMFGAMAZING to me, either. I am curious as to what they'll be named when it comes to naming them based on their versions. They can't exactly be named Black and White, so maybe something related to electricity and fire in reference to Black/White Kyurem?

• 5 months later...
Thread re-resurrection wheeeeee!!!!!

I picked up both copies of the game on Sunday and haven't put my main game, White 2, down since. I like how fluid the battle animations are and I love my team, but something's bugging me... I kind of feel like I'm playing through someone's Pokemon fanfic.

And what the heck happened to Brycen?! He was supposed to be all cold and quiet, but now he's apparently a loud actor playing an over-the-top villain?! How OOC can you get?!