OtakuBoards

Netflix and Anime

YokaiNeko

[center][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5][color=#008080][size=4]I have netflix and I've recently noticed the selection of anime thinning out. So what are some good animes on netflix that I should watch. Something not too gory but entertaing. [/size][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[color=#4B0082]Seems like every time Netflix actually has an anime I want to see, it's something older and they're missing one disc of the series. So I'm usually just like, screw that, and I go download it instead. orz

After skimming through the lists on Netflix, here's some anime I've enjoyed that are currently available:

.hack//Roots
Angel Beats
Baccano! (this one is pretty bloody, though)
Cowboy Bebop
Eden of the East
FLCL
Fruits Basket
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Honey and Clover
Maria Watches Over Us (aka Maria-sama ga Miteru; they seem to only have seasons 1 and 3, though)
Read or Die
Rozen Maiden
Slayers
Spice and Wolf
Strawberry Marshmallow (aka Ichigo Mashimaro)
Trigun[/color]

• 3 months later...
Hmm, well I completely agree with the recommendation of Baccano! It's really awesome! But, whenever anyone complains about netflix not having anime I direct them to hulu, since almost all of their anime is free (and it's legal), almost all of it is subbed, offering 4 dubbed episodes (which is fine until you get to the series that have really good dubs, like Baccano). Unless you want to watch something that you have to be over 18 to watch you can watch anything that's free without an account!

• 2 months later...

Every time I activate my Netflix account, I end up stopping it a week later. I don't see the reason to pay for the DVD service so I just get the digital package. But then their streaming sucks for me. Meh. I know there are a lot of fans out there. (Like Shinmaru but it is not for me.) I'd rather go to CrunchyRoll, Hulu, or download my anime. I never really liked Netflix's selection and the dub throws me off.

Edited by Japan

• 9 months later...

I use Netflix and Hulu. If Netflix doesn't have one thing, chances are Hulu will. And Vice-versa. I watch Naruto Shippuden on Hulu. I can't watch it dubbed, its horrible in english.

Dragonball Z is one thing I actually prefer dummed though(not including "Kai", I dislike Kai). I think its simply because I grew up watching DBZ in english, and certain characters voices are burned into my memory. Using a female's voice as muscular male characters doesn't sound right...