OtakuBoards

Fireworks

Defcon5

[color=deeppink]That happens around my house a lot because we have a pond behind our house and kids hide out back there...:shifty:

By the way, Defcon, your location cracks me up. I've been to Hell, Michigan, and it is merely this tiny little town with silly tourist trap things to get your picture taken with satan and weird crap like that :drunk:

It's also in the middle of nowhere...a ver quaint little place Hell is...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]That happens around my house a lot because we have a pond behind our house and kids hide out back there...:shifty:

By the way, Defcon, your location cracks me up. I've been to Hell, Michigan, and it is merely this tiny little town with silly tourist trap things to get your picture taken with satan and weird crap like that :drunk:

It's also in the middle of nowhere...a ver quaint little place Hell is...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I myself have never been there I looked up Hell on microsoft trips and streets and up came Hell Michigan. And so I put it as my location to kinda spoof those who seriously put hell in there location. Although I would like o visit there someday.....

Well, where I live, 'bonfire night' (I dunno whether you have that outside the UK or not.. I'd doubt it - it's a day where we basically have bonfires and fireworks and such.. there's a bit of history involved which i dont have the patience to go into..) may as well be called 'bonfire month or-so', cos people start setting off fireworks three weeks before bonfire night, and finish three weeks after, just in time for 'new year's month or so'....
all I can say is '...'

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]Well, where I live, 'bonfire night' (I dunno whether you have that outside the UK or not.. I'd doubt it - it's a day where we basically have bonfires and fireworks and such.. there's a bit of history involved which i dont have the patience to go into..) may as well be called 'bonfire month or-so', cos people start setting off fireworks three weeks before bonfire night, and finish three weeks after, just in time for 'new year's month or so'....
all I can say is '...' [/B][/QUOTE]

no, people outside the UK do not have bonfire nights, or to be more specific, Guy Fawkes night, since it was an incident that only happened in the UK....

I don't see the point of it though, guy fawkes was burnt at the stake some 100+ years ago, and people celebrate his death every year by lighting fireworks and bonfires, quite sick, if you ask me....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

no, people outside the UK do not have bonfire nights, or to be more specific, Guy Fawkes night, since it was an incident that only happened in the UK....

I don't see the point of it though, guy fawkes was burnt at the stake some 100+ years ago, and people celebrate his death every year by lighting fireworks and bonfires, quite sick, if you ask me.... [/B][/QUOTE]

I dunno about the 'celebrate his death' thing.. I think its just meaningless these days.. an excuse to star a fire and use explosives... oh yeah I suppose it is quite sick though, when some people make this 'guy fawkes' character out of wood and such, and then burn it on the bonfire....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

I dunno about the 'celebrate his death' thing.. I think its just meaningless these days.. an excuse to star a fire and use explosives... oh yeah I suppose it is quite sick though, when some people make this 'guy fawkes' character out of wood and such, and then burn it on the bonfire.... [/B][/QUOTE]

the guy did a wrong by trying to blow up a building, but he paid the price with his life, people should just leave it at that, rather than celebrate his death, he was not even the main character that was involved in the incident, I think someone called dermail was the main guy....

[B]

the guy did a wrong by trying to blow up a building, but he paid the price with his life, people should just leave it at that, rather than celebrate his death, he was not even the main character that was involved in the incident, I think someone called dermail was the main guy.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Nothing like that over here.(yesh!)The only day we launch em off is the Fourth of July.

No fair! you get to set 'em off half way through the year and we have to wait til rite at the end around either the 5th November or 25 December..not forgetting of course the 31st of December too ;) Ooh but then you have the Asian's celebrating something (sorry to be ignornat guys but I forgot what it was and I prob can't spell it :nervous: ) anyway so we just get to watch their fireworks as well :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by velvet paws [/i]
[B]Ooh but then you have the Asian's celebrating something (sorry to be ignornat guys but I forgot what it was and I prob can't spell it :nervous: ) anyway so we just get to watch their fireworks as well :D [/B][/QUOTE]

you have the muslims celebrating eid, and you have sikhs celebrating diwali, the date's are always changing though for eid, I don't know when diwali is....

[B]

you have the muslims celebrating eid, and you have sikhs celebrating diwali, the date's are always changing though for eid, I don't know when diwali is.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanx *phew* felt awful just leaving it at that but my mind honestly went blank and I thought of diwali but had no idea how to spell it so gave up. Oh well, now I'm a bit more educated :D They normally celebrate a few weeks before bonfire night coz I watch all their fireworks from my bedroom window while I'm meant to be doing homework cause I'll only spnd the 5th getting drunk heh :whoops: