OtakuBoards

Backroom: Reality Realms

Darks Anthro

This is intended to help get any confusion settled here rather then have to deal with it while trying to type out your posts in the main rp. This is also intended to make sure everyone can throw in ideas for interesting twists or something...anything...give me money I need it! Na I'm just pulling your chains. Ok now that the joke is out of the way. I'll be explaining some basics about certain things of the game.

The game's physics are based on real life....meaning actual real world physics we deal with everday.

Knights are the game's version of police. They are not high level like most MMORPGs we have today but in large numbers can out power as a group and aren't all knowing. They only know as much as they get info from other knights and informants.

Phantoms are programmed AI originally designed as personal guardians for players and where installed into the game during Alpha tests but when the game went from being an Alpha only played by developers to being closed beta tests with more then just staff from the company building the game to a few thousand players. They where scheduled to be removed when the CBT was to be open beta tests during the last planned 6 months of testing before being released. The AI learned of this and installed themselves into the game's core codes which made it impossible for them to be removed without having to redo the entire game. So they where left in the game but they can not interact with players and the environment. They are always out of your direct line of vision even if you look straight them and they always appear as kids. In rare occasions... they look like a child version of your character. Everyone sees phantoms differently and they are in the game to make sure the player they interact with, however limited it is, doesn't suffer brain damage. Though it's becoming common for phantoms to be like guardian angels and helping the player out of a tough situation.

A Capital City is the largest city in a realm and contains a massive town center that serves as a place to travel  to other realms via portal arch ways that can change to a different realm due to the fact their are too many realms for one town center to have dedicated portals to. 

Natural Portals are portals that form due to a high concentrations of magic and can form links to random realms.

Player created portals are exactly what they are. Portals made by high level magician players. The more experience the player has, the longer the portal stays open but portals act like natural portals.

Hawk Mailing System is an in-game mailing system that delivers letters and parcels. They do not have your location by default. Each city and town no matter how small have a HMS post. Each Hawk communicates with other Hawks in the local area using in-game pictures of your character then fly out to the last known location.  

Characters can not log out if they are left in extreme weather conditions. Examples: Freezing cold, dangerous terrain, and any other that could potentially harm your character. To solve this, all you need is a simple camp, a cave, a house of some kind. Long as it keeps the elements and the environment at bay allowing you to log off. Characters will stay where you left them but are like NPCs that are unkillable by means of other npc's and players but do not game experience, loot, nor in-game currency. Your equipment also doesn't take damage while your logged off and characters do not need to eat, drink, nor anything else.

Well I hope this clears some important things up and gives a glimps into how massive this game in the rp really is...hopefully my dream is to have this rp made into an actual game...but it's just a dream.