Duo Maxwell Posted January 24, 2002 Posted January 24, 2002 I was wondering who actually celebrates Australia day, like who goes to the parades and stuff? all I do is get up and say 'oh, look Australia's 214 years old today,' and thats about all. half the time I don't even say that
Dan L Posted January 24, 2002 Posted January 24, 2002 'Australia Day'?.... oh my god..... I never realised there was such a thing... damn us ignorant UK'ers.... What day is it? Today?
Duo Maxwell Posted January 24, 2002 Author Posted January 24, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i] [B]'Australia Day'?.... oh my god..... I never realised there was such a thing... damn us ignorant UK'ers.... What day is it? Today? [/B][/QUOTE] yeah very ignorant!! lol no its this saturday.
Delian Posted January 24, 2002 Posted January 24, 2002 I don't go to the parades and stuff but I like Australia Day. Besides the fact that it celebrates Australia, it also a long weekend. Monday 28th becomes public holiday...YEAH...a day of work...woohoo:D O.K, so it might seem shallow, but I don't care:p
Duo Maxwell Posted January 24, 2002 Author Posted January 24, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Delian [/i] [B]I don't go to the parades and stuff but I like Australia Day. Besides the fact that it celebrates Australia, it also a long weekend. Monday 28th becomes public holiday...YEAH...a day of work...woohoo:D O.K, so it might seem shallow, but I don't care:p [/B][/QUOTE] hey I always thought that when I was little, and I felt special coz by birthday's on the 26th its the only reason I know how old australia is...
James Posted January 24, 2002 Posted January 24, 2002 [size=1]I love Australia Day. I don't really go to the parades and stuff...but it's a great day to feel patriotic. :) I visited Melbourne recently (I only live 40 minutes outside Melbourne, but I don't actually go there too often) and when I walked out of Flinder's Street Station, I felt such a rush of pride. Melbourne is such a beautiful city... It's truly amazing to walk past the Parliament Building and see the beautiful old Victoria Museum...they're also building Federation Square now...which is coming along nicely. So yeah, I like Australia Day...I might go back into the city tomorrow to see what's happening there. :)[/size]
Vegitto4 Posted January 24, 2002 Posted January 24, 2002 There's an Austrailia Day??? Somebody had to ask it right??:wigout:
liamc2 Posted January 25, 2002 Posted January 25, 2002 Australia day. .hmm. .we used to go in and celebrate but now all i do is watch the parade on tv for a while then do stuff :D *waves hands in the air* AUSSIE POWER!! ahem. .er. .*cough*:o
Guest Saiyaman Posted January 25, 2002 Posted January 25, 2002 [size=1][b]Man, I never knew there was a "Ast. Day" till now. Well Happy Australia day in advanced![/size][/b]
Delian Posted January 25, 2002 Posted January 25, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Duo Maxwell [/i] [B] hey I always thought that when I was little, and I felt special coz by birthday's on the 26th its the only reason I know how old australia is... [/B][/QUOTE] Hey well Happy Birthday Duo. Hope it will be a fantastic day for you.;) Lots-A-Luv
Fall Posted January 25, 2002 Posted January 25, 2002 We don't go to the parades and stuff. We usually just have a BBQ or something..... :toothy:
Warlock Posted January 25, 2002 Posted January 25, 2002 AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE!!! OI, OI, OI!!! I don't really go see the parades for Australia, for me it's just a barbacue in the backyard, with alot of people. *Licks lips* I can taste the foods already...
liamc2 Posted January 25, 2002 Posted January 25, 2002 Australia day today. .nothing happening. .lol *sits around waiting for neighbours to go into a drunken party* I'll be awake all night. .:cross: next door always throw a big party that lasts all day and night. .and my window faces them. .><'
Duo Maxwell Posted January 27, 2002 Author Posted January 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Delian [/i] [B] Hey well Happy Birthday Duo. Hope it will be a fantastic day for you.;) Lots-A-Luv [/B][/QUOTE] actually it was really quite boring I only saw two of my friends (but what do I expect? that's an improvement from last year) and well I never really expect anything anyways so... it wasn't that bad
Fall Posted January 28, 2002 Posted January 28, 2002 I didn't see [i]any[/i] of my friends! Didn't even have a BBQ! We just stayed at home..... :( It wasn't such a good day for me..... :(
Delian Posted January 28, 2002 Posted January 28, 2002 Join the club SS...I didn't go out anywhere because my left knee was playing up.... It was getting better with physio before XMAS... but I fell on it during the holidays and now the pain is back again... Silly me.... I chose to ignore it and went to the gym to run the usual 10k.... Now the pain has spread throughout my leg.... It was playing up something shocking over the weekend... It comes and goes though, so hopefully I can still run on it.... I'm sure pain killers should help...I wouldn't want to go to physio again...It's too expensive.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now