OtakuBoards

Riddle me this, riddle me that...

D. Dark

The Chicken...The chicken lays the egg, and the egg wouldnt hatch anyways without heat! heh...i spend way too much time thinking about this kind of stuff :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

DAMMIT! I wuz gon' post that answer!
Oh well...

Hehehahahaaa.....

I am enjoyed by some, despised by others, and some abuse me. I am a sacrament, a gift. I am never-ending, yet at times some break me. What am I?

There is a thing that nothing is and yet it has a name. It's sometimes tall and sometimes short, joins our talks and joins our sports and plays at every game? [/B][/QUOTE]

1.Law? Bah, I'm not sure...

2.... I dunno.

BWAHAHA(I been sayin that a lot lately)
Time for Deus's expolanation of the chicken-egg question...

[i]Either answer could possibly be correct. Evolution has been proven. Anyone who says 'it depends whether you beleive in evolution' is a walking, talking idiot. Beleif in religion is one thing, but evolution is a FACT. The explanation for the problem goes like this. Once upon a time there was a bird which for all intensive purposes we will call 'species A' and that bird had lots of little baby chicks, which grew up into more adult specimens of species A. after thousands of years, the process of DNA replication produces small differences in DNA sequence (this also has been PROVEN), which results in small differences in the birds. After a considerable time, chickens evolved. Now. If chickens did not initially use eggs to give birth to their young (which is VERY unlikely) the the chicken came before the egg, however, if species A used eggs, then th egg came before the chicken. Since Dinosaurs laid eggs, and chickens were not around in the time of the dinosaurs, I believe that the egg came before the chicken :D. This explanation brought to you by Deus Ex Machina.[/i]

My god that was long.
Oh yeah, about my riddle
D.Dark is on the right lines with the first one, but the rest of you are way off...

Wow. I'm always thinking about the chicken and egg question, but I never thought about it that way, Deus_Ex_Machina(sorry if your name is spelled wrong). Geez. You must be some intelligent guy. lol
As for the riddle, um, silence? I'm crap at riddles though. As for the second one, I have no idea.

[B]I am enjoyed by some, despised by others, and some abuse me. I am a sacrament, a gift. I am never-ending, yet at times some break me. What am I?

There is a thing that nothing is and yet it has a name. It's sometimes tall and sometimes short, joins our talks and joins our sports and plays at every game? [/B][/QUOTE]
1. love, relationship, happiness, time, no idea
2. TV, don't know

[COLOR=purple]The egg came first... see b/c the VERY FIRST CHICKEN hatched from the egg of another species.. which had mutated into a chicken... so it was the egg

OKAY... so here's one.. How come glue doesn't dry on the inside of the bottle?[/COLOR]

The chicken and the egg?

Hmmm...

Neither. Chickens are an evolution of something, and all things came from bacteria, which was in the form of primordial soup (In science, so nothing to do with religion). Therefore, if the first chicken's ancestor was a microbe, therefore making the microbe a chicken, and microbes don't lay eggs, as they divide up, so the first chicken was actually first!:D :D

And for DEM's first riddle, could it be free will?
Second might be hope?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Oxygen isn't present inside the bottle to activate the glue's hardening process.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Oxygen, eh?
Nah, it's just that air isnt in there. It don' need oxygen in particular.
Note: if you leave the lid off a glue bottle, it [i]will[/i] dry. ITs not the lack of air, it's the lack of air movevment that keeps it from drying.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by D.Dark[/i]
Neither. Chickens are an evolution of something, and all things came from bacteria, which was in the form of primordial soup (In science, so nothing to do with religion). Therefore, if the first chicken's ancestor was a microbe, therefore making the microbe a chicken, and microbes don't lay eggs, as they divide up, so the first chicken was actually first! [/QUOTE]

D.Dark, I really hate to argue with what you posted, but I [i]have[/i] to just say... that all that proves is that the microbe came before the chicken. Not that the chicken came before the egg.

[B]

D.Dark, I really hate to argue with what you posted, but I [i]have[/i] to just say... that all that proves is that the microbe came before the chicken. Not that the chicken came before the egg. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh well, I guess I got too strung up to finish. Damn....
Well, the chicken came first is what I was trying to say!

And, tell us your answers to the two riddles you put up.

Here's another one:

What is "it"

The poor have it,
The rich need it,
And if you eat it you'll certainly perish.

Some of you might know this one.

Guest cody722_3000
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by D. Dark [/i]
[B]Here's another one:

What is "it"

The poor have it,
The rich need it,
And if you eat it you'll certainly perish.

Some of you might know this one. [/B][/QUOTE]

argh!!!i saw that so many tims but never the answer!you didnt finish it...its greater than god...more evil than the devil...the poor have it...the rich need it...and if you eat it you will die...I HAVE NO CLUE!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cody722_3000 [/i]
[B]

argh!!!i saw that so many tims but never the answer!you didnt finish it...its greater than god...more evil than the devil...the poor have it...the rich need it...and if you eat it you will die...I HAVE NO CLUE! [/B][/QUOTE]

NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!
You've given away too many hints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, it doesn't matter.

Geez, it must be frustrating to have seen it, but can't remember the answer

[B]

NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!
You've given away too many hints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, it doesn't matter.

Geez, it must be frustrating to have seen it, but can't remember the answer [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=purple]You've got to be kidding right?

What's greater than god,
More evil than the devil,
the rich need it,
the poor have it,
and if you eat it you'll die.

Answer:Nothing[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cibo [/i]
[B]Ummm...a fire hydrant that got beat up? I suck at riddles. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope!!! The answer is my mom angry with a blue jogging suit on!!! *people throw eggs* what? I suck at riddles too!!!:mad:

[B]

Oh well, I guess I got too strung up to finish. Damn....
Well, the chicken came first is what I was trying to say!

And, tell us your answers to the two riddles you put up.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Due to popular demand. (Well.... maybe not [i]popular[/i], but demand nonetheless)

Here are the answers to my earlier riddles

1)marriage
2)your shadow

Guest Voodookanaka
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Mwuahahahahaha! It's the age old question! Which came first? The chicken or the egg?[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah which ones sat there smoking lol :P oooohhhhh....ive got a really dirty mind, sos anyone else that understands what i mean

[B]

Due to popular demand. (Well.... maybe not [i]popular[/i], but demand nonetheless)

Here are the answers to my earlier riddles

1)marriage
2)your shadow [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry to be a sore loser, but what happens if it's a cloudy day, and your shadow disappears:D

Or it's dark, or blah, blah

Bah. I hate losing

And my riddle that I put is well known, and I was expecting someone to get it easily, thank you

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]This is pretty easy but:

What is at the beginning of eternity,
at the end of time and space,
what is at the beginning of the eternity
and at the end of the human race [/B][/QUOTE]

Is it Nothing???

It's either that or the universe...but it could be neither....but i'm sure it's one of those 2, the former most likely.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]This is pretty easy but:

What is at the beginning of eternity,
at the end of time and space,
what is at the beginning of the eternity
and at the end of the human race [/B][/QUOTE]

..Darkness, or death...