OtakuBoards

Pokemon..... Merging?

Fall

I just read an article on something about merging. Here it is:

-----------------------
In the series after the Johto Series, there will be a new part in the show. Pokemon will now be able to merge! Yes, that's right, Pokemon will be able to merge, and create different Pokemon! Cool, isn't it? Here is an example:

Cloyster >>>> Moltres >>>> This can't be done.
Cloyster >>>> Horsea >>>> This can be done!

This means that any type of Pokemon, can merge with the same type, and create a new Pokemon! We're not sure what the Pokemon are at this moment.
-----------------------

Well that's the article, I found it in a magazine. Do you think this is real, a hoax, or what? I hope it's real, that way the show won't be very boring anymore.....

Pokémon merging? ....the hell? That's gotta be a load of BS. You're saying that two diffrent Pokémon fuse together and make an entirely new one? What kind of backwards magazine were you reading? The only way I can think of Pokémon merging is by breeding. I don't know if its true, but its weird if it is.

It's a game that was made for the psx but it must not have been that popular if a pokemon fan like you doesn't know about it. The sequel just came out in the US for the ps2. The game is kind of similar to pokemon but the trainer can fight pokemon and you can combine the monsters you catch to make many different monsters. You can even combine monsters of different elements.

ahh yes..sort of what digimon can do...in games and such, Digimon can Mutant Digivolve to become a new Digimon...whod of thought Pokemon would be able to do that...very interesting...

*goes in search of the magizine*

i just remembered something i had read...the glitch in the first games (r/b/y) was acctually a merged pokemon called "Worgeot"...it was a Worturtle and Pigeot marged...(attacks: water gun, sky attack)

this will be very interesting to see

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cruizr [/i]
[B]i just remembered something i had read...the glitch in the first games (r/b/y) was acctually a merged pokemon called "Worgeot"...it was a Worturtle and Pigeot marged...(attacks: water gun, sky attack)

this will be very interesting to see [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]You mean missingno? How could there be a merged Pokémon, way back in Red/Blue? (missingno isn't in Yellow, btw).

Personally, I don't think this is real at all... Although I would LOVE to have a Zapdos/Ho-oh combination that could learn Thunder, Fireblast, Drill Peck, and Recover! :drool:[/color]

[COLOR=deeppink]I have played quite a few games that involve "merging" monsters, and I like the idea.

Now, you all may think that there will be completely NEW pokemon merged, like a Blastizard. (Blastoise + Charizard) I, however, find it much more likely that they will just merge to form another existing Pokemon, like if you merge a Charizard and a Blastoise, you'll either get a Charmander or a Squirtle. This, of course, could be used to get some rare Pokemon only available through this technique, but what would a Pokemon squel be without a new way to get Pokemon?

Like is said before, Legendaries and other such would probably not be able to merge. But, that would make you lose one legendary, so who wants that?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gojay [/i]
[B]:eek: [SIZE=1]What pkmn magazine did u get this from?[/SIZE]:confuse2: [/B][/QUOTE]
It's called "Pokemania!". Pretty good too.....

Btw, if you can merge two of the same type, why wouldn't we be able to merge Legendaries? Maybe Zapdos and Raikou could merge? :rolleyes:

[color=indigo]Yeah, I know, if it is true you probably won't be able to merge Legendary Pokémon... But I [I]REALLY[/I] want a Lightning/Fire type Legendary Bird!!! Ever since I got Zapdos and Moltres, I'd wanted a combo of thoses two. And then Gold/Silver came out, and I got Ho-oh... Now I want a combo of Zapdos and Ho-oh... I'd trade my Mewtwo for a Lightning/Fire type Legendary Bird... (That could learn the moves that I mention in my last post).[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]
It's called "Pokemania!". Pretty good too.....

Btw, if you can merge two of the same type, why wouldn't we be able to merge Legendaries? Maybe Zapdos and Raikou could merge? :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=crimson]Probably not, even then. After all, you couldn't breed two legendaries, so why would you be able to merge them?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=crimson]Probably not, even then. After all, you couldn't breed two legendaries, so why would you be able to merge them?[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]Hmm, that's a good point. Well I just hope this merging thing is good, and they don't stuff the whole pokemon thing up..... That's if it's real.....

[color=indigo]Actually, I don't really see a reason why you wouldn't be able to merge Legendary Pokémon... When you're breeding them, it's so you can get another one of the Pokémon that you're breeding... But with merging, you start with two and end up with one... You'd be losing a Pokémon, so merging is kind of the opposite of breeding.

I'm pretty sure that the reason for not being able to breed Legendary Pokémon is because the people who made the game didn't want people to breed their Mewtwo and get a team of six of them... Or get a bunch of other Legendary Pokémon. The Legendary Birds and Mewtwo (not sure about Raikou, Entei, and Suicune) [i]are[/i] supposed to be one-of-a-kind Pokémon, after all.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Actually, I don't really see a reason why you wouldn't be able to merge Legendary Pokémon... When you're breeding them, it's so you can get another one of the Pokémon that you're breeding... But with merging, you start with two and end up with one... You'd be losing a Pokémon, so merging is kind of the opposite of breeding.

I'm pretty sure that the reason for not being able to breed Legendary Pokémon is because the people who made the game didn't want people to breed their Mewtwo and get a team of six of them... Or get a bunch of other Legendary Pokémon. The Legendary Birds and Mewtwo (not sure about Raikou, Entei, and Suicune) [i]are[/i] supposed to be one-of-a-kind Pokémon, after all.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Hmm, well that's another good point. But come to think of it, I don;t think alot of people here would like having a team of all Legendary Pokemon or Mewtwos or whatever..... I know I wouldn't..... It'd just run out of fun..... :rolleyes:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char-Char,Mander-Char! [/i]
[B]I just think it's another attept for the Pokémon craze to get a fresh jumpstart... Real or not, I don't think it's worth such a fuss... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yeah, I don't think I'd like it, if it is true... Unless I could get that Zapdos/Ho-oh combo... The idea of merging doesn't sound very good to me. I think they should just keep the breeding and not make it any more complicated than that.

You know what I'd like to see? A 3D Pokémon game for the GCN, that's online! You could start out in one of the cities of Kanto or Johto and travel around the world, collecting badges and so on... But instead of just interacting with CPU players, you could actually talk and battle with real players! The battles could be like they are in Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2. They could call it... PokémOnline! :cross:
I've had this idea ever since I played Pokémon Stadium... *hopes that the GCN Pokémon game will be like this* :drool:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]You know what I'd like to see? A 3D Pokémon game for the GCN, that's online! You could start out in one of the cities of Kanto or Johto and travel around the world, collecting badges and so on... But instead of just interacting with CPU players, you could actually talk and battle with real players! The battles could be like they are in Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2. They could call it... PokémOnline! :cross:
I've had this idea ever since I played Pokémon Stadium... *hopes that the GCN Pokémon game will be like this* :drool:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That would be pretty cool, but it would take forever to come out.

[COLOR=deeppink]Well, I believe that legendaries wouldn't be able to merge because... Okay, I can't finish that sentance the way I wanted to, so I'm going to sttart a new one. :P

The legendaries are a one-chance catch, and the creaters probably don't want people wasting Legendary after Legendary to get a Mewtwo with Heal Bell, Recover, Areoblast, and Psychic. Not that that is a great moveset, but it's the best I could come up with.

If this is true, I too will not look forward to it, mainly because it is unoriginal. Digimon and other games already thought of this. Pokemon needs to think of something new and exciting,because the franchise is slowly dieing... I mean, Yellow and Crystal were the worst games in the series, because they were merely modfied versions of their counterparts. Of course, something new and original these days is something rare, considering almost everything that can be done has been done.[/COLOR]