OtakuBoards

In regards to servers in restaraunts...

GinnyLyn

[COLOR=chocolate]As many of you know (or not), I work at Chili's. Mesa a ToGo girl.
Anyways, there's always been a debate about how there could be better service through the actions of the server/customer.

The way I see things, tips are a priveledge, not a right. But there are some cases when tipping is deserved. I remember just the other day, I was busting my butt for the first half hour getting this HUGE ToGo order together (probably the second largest in my ToGo life). My other customers, regulars and whatnot, had to have their time delayed, because this order was taking a large chunk of the cooks' time and energy.
When all was said and done, (including all their food modifications and me being nice and yadda yadda), they paid their $158 tab and left. I didn't get a cent tip wise.
Now I realize I [i]was[/i] thanked. And they probably were strapped for cash. Had this been a in house, served at a table deal, I would have made around $20 tip as a grat. fee.

What about you guys? Some experiences y'all have with bad servers/customers? (I'm possibly gonna be a manager and need the input.) [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Hrmmmm... I don't know really. I'd like to see restaraunts have the prices designed like France has them. The tip is already included in the cost of the item. So when the person/people pay for the meal, they pay for the meal and your service to them, and the restaraunt company doesn't really make any profit off the tipped part of it, that part goes to you. And if the people feel like tipping extra, they can... or something like that. I dunno, France is confusing that way, lol.[/SIZE]

[color=indigo] You should feel obligated to tip at least 15%. If you go to a restraunt you should expect to include a tip. Servers are usually only paid $2-3 dollars an hour so they need the tip to balance their pay. If the server sucks then tip them 5% if they rock show them by tipping a little more. Don't stiff them though, thats just mean.[/color]

I can't really comment much on this. I do have a part time job, but it's in a sports shop, so we don't get tips. though I find some customers just generally irritating and disrespective. Therefore I make no attempt to be exceptionally nice to these customers. I used to, but it gets tedious after a while.

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Hmmmm, I am usually a pretty good tipper. Servers that refill often, ask how the food is, and come to the table fairly often are my best friends. I hate having to suck on ice cubes for 5 minutes, simply because they wouldn't get me a refill when the glass was only 1/4th full (or was it 3/4th's empty?). Another thing I hate, is having to wait around longer then I should for the check. While it may be their secret plot to make me wait and see if I can get more of an appitite, it really upsets me.

I was in Logan's (a steakhouse) the other day, and the waitor we had was VERY good. He got us refills, came around the table often, and even joked around with us a bit. Then came time for the check. . . ten minutes later, he comes over, and asks if we want any desert. *smacks forehead* I wanted to walk out right then *smacks forehead again, for good measure*

All in all though, I am a very nice guy when it comes to resteraunts. I tip well, try not too make a mess on the tables, treat my waitors with respect. I would hate for half of the people that eat at places like this to come to my place of business and treat me like I see they treat their waitors. It makes me sick sometimes.

On a side note - I work retail, and am always nice to people. It just isn't in my nature to be mean to people, in or out of work. Call me a wuss, or a loser, but that is the way I work. ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][COLOR=chocolate](I'm possibly gonna be a manager...) [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Way to go Ginny! Once me and about 7 of my friends went out to eat at this fancy resteraunt before the homecoming dance. We hadn't thought about paying for the meal and when the check came we had to sort out who needed to pay for what... which took a long time. About 30 minutes later the waiter booted us out of the resteraunt because we were taking so long.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]waitor[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
FINALLY!!!!Thats what a "server" is called(well actually what I call "servers")

As for tip...Its not usual to tip where i come from...Lucky me...:cross: