OtakuBoards

Organ Donation

Ryan

Are you going to be an organ donor? I am. I have been studying it all year at my gifted and talented class. I am only 12. I will donate everything cause when I am dead they will be of no use to me. WHy not let another live?

Are ya sure you wanna go through this??
Cuz if you are, then it takes guts to do this. But when you're 12, I highly suggest you should think it over. You have other things in the world that's waiting for you. But it's ur call. Just don't back out on the last minute, cuz that's where courage is replaced by cowardice.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]Are ya sure you wanna go through this??
Cuz if you are, then it takes guts to do this. But when you're 12, I highly suggest you should think it over. You have other things in the world that's waiting for you. But it's ur call. Just don't back out on the last minute, cuz that's where courage is replaced by cowardice. [/B][/QUOTE]

Dude, I may be 12 but I know ALOT of inofrmation on this. Believe me. Only about 4,000 americans are organ donors. When I am dead what am I going to need them for? Why not give the gift of life?

well, if i was an organ donor, when i died i would have every man on earth fighting for my giant organ. ;) but seriously, i think it's a good idea.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i]
[B]

Dude, I may be 12 but I know ALOT of inofrmation on this. Believe me. Only about 4,000 americans are organ donors. When I am dead what am I going to need them for? Why not give the gift of life? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink][b]Brainwashing![/b] ::cough, sputter::

Education is [b]thought control[/b]!

Aw...where the hell did that come from?

Just make sure you REALLY want to do it, and you wouldn't just do it because you're being told it's the "good" thing to do. It's easy to [i]say[/i] you're doing it for the right reason (which is a good reason indeed!) but make sure you really [i]know[/i] why you want to do it :whoops:

Other than that...no, at this point I'm not an organ donor. It all depends on what the future holds :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Heh, true... but thats a bit unfair.

If it weren't for the guilt factor, most people wouldn't do anything nice at all. We are all a bunch of greedy, rude and self-centered jerks so sometimes we need a little push in the right direction. (Or maybe that is just me, oops.)

I plan on becoming an organ donor, why wouldn't I be? I'm not going to do anything with them after I die...[/SIZE]

so, when you die, instead of being burried, u get to have some old guy cut u up into pieces and give your body parts to other people. hmmm....we wouldn't need to do this if we could do more stem cell research.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i]
[B]

Dude, I may be 12 but I know ALOT of inofrmation on this. Believe me. Only about 4,000 americans are organ donors. When I am dead what am I going to need them for? Why not give the gift of life? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo] Uhm, you have been misinformed. only 4% of Americans are organ donors, that is still more then 4000. But why not give the gift of life...because the organs are mine an I am selfish....[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]Heh, true... but thats a bit unfair.

[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Oh bah, I've been told that a lot today! Haha, even though it's true that what I said was a bit unfair :whoops:

I was just about to go on this little rant...but I won't. I'm in the strangest mood...I think some call it emotional numbness...though I couldn't be too sure :huh:[/color]

[B]

[color=deeppink]Oh bah, I've been told that a lot today! Haha, even though it's true that what I said was a bit unfair :whoops:

I was just about to go on this little rant...but I won't. I'm in the strangest mood...I think some call it emotional numbness...though I couldn't be too sure :huh:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

emotional numbness....there's a new one.

i'm definitely going to b an organ donor, heh why not, i've already donated blood :p
why not help other families keep those that they love?
besides my mom has been a RN (registered nurse) for many years - she has made her own wishes about donating her organs known, she even has a living will detailing her wishes about hospitalizations

Who the hell would want my organs???:rolleyes:

I was told I couldn't give blood because I was aenemic..but that was a while ago... so I'd better get checked up again...And although I think that organ donation is a great thing, it's not a decision to be made lightly. I, for personal reasons would not do it.

[B]

Aw...where the hell did that come from?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

In-deedy. Do you have any idea the amount of stuff you learn in high school that -if you take the same subject- you relearn, and realise that the stuff you know isn't just 'incomplete', but completely WRONG!?!
'Tis rediculous, I hereby state :p (I just felt like sayin' that, don't expect to hear those words from me ever again).

As for organ donation, [i]I Don't plan on dying[/i]... lol.
Nah. Anything that allows me to help someone live even [i]after[/i] I'm dead is worth doing. I give it a big thumbs up ;)

[B]

Aw...where the hell did that come from?

Just make sure you REALLY want to do it, and you wouldn't just do it because you're being told it's the "good" thing to do. It's easy to [i]say[/i] you're doing it for the right reason (which is a good reason indeed!) but make sure you really [i]know[/i] why you want to do it :whoops:

Other than that...no, at this point I'm not an organ donor. It all depends on what the future holds :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I am not doing it just because I have heard it is the good thing to do. I mean I have seen both sides of this topic. Just because I am younger then most people here doesn't mean I am stupid... But right now I know I want to be one but yet I am not old enough but when I get my license I will have it on there aswell. My whole family are organ donors aswell. They know that I want to be an organ donor.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Son Goten[/i]
[b]
so, when you die, instead of being burried, u get to have some old guy cut u up into pieces and give your body parts to other people. hmmm....we wouldn't need to do this if we could do more stem cell research.....[/b][/quote]

You are uninformed unless you are being sarcastic. The surgeons do not cut you into little pieces. They cut you open like if you were having surgery and then take the organs that I wished to donate. THey sew you back up like surgery and the body isn't deformed in this process. You are still able to be buried also. It is just most of the time you can't have an open-casket funeral.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by velvet paws [/i]
[B]I'm an organ doner....but only in the sense of when I'm dead they can have what they want kinda thing....not willing to give a kidney or ne thin while I'm still healthy, heh call me selfish :blush: [/B][/QUOTE]

okay...selfish lol! I know what you mean. I am still healthy and alive so I wont do it now cause I have a long way to go. But when I die then they can have everything...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]i've been an organ donor for about 3 years now. so if i die, i will help save a life.

but i've heard that if your really banged up & dying in the hospital, doctors won't try as hard to save you if you're a donor. i don't know if it's true, but i heard that. [/B][/QUOTE]

We learned all about this. That is one of the Top 10 myths about Organ Donation. It isn't true but it could happen but there isn't that big a chance of it happening. There are alot of myths about this topic.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by velvet paws [/i]
[B]I'm an organ doner....but only in the sense of when I'm dead they can have what they want kinda thing....not willing to give a kidney or ne thin while I'm still healthy, heh call me selfish :blush: [/B][/QUOTE] Yeah, me too.