OtakuBoards

megaman x games

Guest maverick

I find the X series to be quite dated. Capcom seems to be rushing each release. The color pallete has always looked so...16 bitish. Also, the characters are a little small for my liking.

These may seem like minor gripes, but on a much more serious level, I enjoyed the level design of the first two games of the series on the Super Nintendo much more. Capcom really needs to either kill this series(just the X series, not the whole Megaman franchise) or completely overhaul it.

The Megaman X Series are great,each game growing with a new storyline.My all time favorite X Series was X2 and X4 they were the bestest sequel to the X Series.Anyways I found Megaman X5,and X6 were done in a hurry or like CWB said a rush job for the fans of Megaman who are curious to see whats the next storyline for each upcoming sequel.

But I don't mind every Megaman X game had a good thing about in its own way,but I do wish Capcom takes their time on sequels rather than rushing it.:)

• 2 weeks later...
I love Mega Man X however X5 and X6 have reduced my expectations for the quality of the coming Mega Man X games. The series should take on a more 3D look (but still be a side-scrolling game) and they should up the difficulty a little more. The last few have been far too easy. The MMX games for Super Nintendo were my favorite games for the system. I can hardly say the same for Capcom's recent efforts

[color=royalblue]I am glad that Mega Man has remained largely 2D. My favourite games were by far the originals on NES. Or should I say, he very first MM game on NES.

I'd like to see a new MM game which is still 2D...but which uses very high resolution hand-drawn artwork...with very silky animation and full-screen particle effects.

The potential is definitely there. :)[/color]

I think the Megaman X games are great, I like how they have kept it 2-D. Honestly I don't really care about the story line as much as I would in other games. I really like to play the game and nothing else. I remember I used to play the first one so much that I got so good I could just about beat it in a one hour sitting. I don't know why but I just like the challange, but the newer ones don't have it as much as the ones on the snes, although they usually have some pretty intresting stories. Also like the rest of you I really think they should work a little harder on the seris. I'd also like to know how the first seris is connected to the X seris. I'm quite curious.