OtakuBoards

Vb

Kuja

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]first off congrats to the new mod here jcgoudy (thou i thought he would get zelda)
second... well i was wondering what people thought of this system... i thought 90% of the games i have ruled, i have 10 ill go find them later and the bowling game is the only one that sucks cause the 2 player mode you have to share but yea... i mean i know i have a wario game, a bomberman game, a tenis game, and a few others but i never got dizzy or anything was odd... anyway just thought i would like to see if any of yall actually like this system (despite getting sick which most of you seem to have)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Yes, congrats to jcgoudy... though I too thought he would get zelda.. he definitely seems very knowledgable about it. As for the VB, I don't think it was ever properly released here in the UK.. If it was, then I don't think it was really noticed in any big way.

Hmm, I think it isn't that popular..... I was thinking about getting it for a while, and eventually got it..... I must say, the games a very good, I like the 'Pong' game on it..... But yes, it didn't stay popular for very long...

I believe that the main reason the Virtua Boy failed(besides the sickness inducing display) was the fact that it wasn't really portable. The GameBoy took off because it offered quality games that people could take almost anywhere. Dragging the Virtua Boy around would be awkward.

The only games that really got my attention were Mario Tennis and the Wario game. I was a bit disappointed with the boxing game. It was no Punch Out to say the least.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]I believe that the main reason the Virtua Boy failed(besides the sickness inducing display) was the fact that it wasn't really portable. The GameBoy took off because it offered quality games that people could take almost anywhere. Dragging the Virtua Boy around would be awkward.

The only games that really got my attention were Mario Tennis and the Wario game. I was a bit disappointed with the boxing game. It was no Punch Out to say the least. [/B][/QUOTE]Well that's what I was just thinking, I mean, I'm just looking at one now, and it looks.. well... a bit bulky.... it has a lot of stuff sticking out of it.... and that would probably put alt of people off from buying it I suppose.... :rolleyes:

[color=indigo]Hey, thanks! I too thought I would be in the Zelda forum, if I was going to be made a mod... Whatever... Nintendo would have been my second choice, if I had gotten to choose. I'm happy. :)

I never really thought of the Virtual Boy as a portable system, but more of a home console. From looking at the displays in stores (when it first came out) and various pictures, it does look a bit bulky to carry around.

Anyone know where I might be able to get one for cheap? I've wanted to get one for awhile now, so I can actually decide for myself about how good it is.[/color]