OtakuBoards

PS2 remake news

Sephiroth

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Ugh, indefinite hold? I guess it's better than nothing. Hopefully they'll make Yuffie and Vincent real characters so that they'll appear in the CG movies. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yeah, that'd be cool. And if they're on hold, when will they be coming out... probably in like a year ¬_¬[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]Since I have no PS2 yet, I'd rather it wait, than have Safer go on about a remade FF7 to me, and make me cry...
how 'bout you?[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]same here ;) [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]to cloud and aj....*points at avatar* haha

anyway, I think that the game may be released on the ps3 instead, which may be a good thing.... [/B][/QUOTE]

PS3?! That's still quite a way off though. Last i heard it was still code named the 'GS-Cube' and was the size of a dishwasher. But that was about 6 months ago, i guess times have changed.

Guest BulmaVegeta1
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Well in my opinion, I'd rather wait for the hold, other than them rushing it.... it could turn out to be total crap, if this hold doesn;t go ahead..... you never know... :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes, I agree with you, they should take their time and make it turn out good, you else it will be total ****!!!

The Playstation 3 wait might not be as long as you think. Last I heard, it could be out as early as 2005. Their main reason for bumping the release dat forward is because of the Xbox's built in hard drive and internet capabilities. I guess the wait depends on how successful Microsoft's system is.

Whether the game comes to PS3 or PS2, we'll have a couple year wait anyway. But wouldn't it be cool if it launched with PS3? It's be reminiscent of the FF7 launch on the PSX so long ago.

Yeah but some of us could be waiting a really long time, as the games and systems come out at different times in different places. Like the UK doesn't even have FFX yet, and I've beaten it. So how long will it take for them to make PS3, make the remakes, and come out all over the globe. (People in UK, I feel for yas)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]The Playstation 3 wait might not be as long as you think. Last I heard, it could be out as early as 2005. Their main reason for bumping the release dat forward is because of the Xbox's built in hard drive and internet capabilities. I guess the wait depends on how successful Microsoft's system is.

Whether the game comes to PS3 or PS2, we'll have a couple year wait anyway. But wouldn't it be cool if it launched with PS3? It's be reminiscent of the FF7 launch on the PSX so long ago. [/B][/QUOTE]

well, 2004 in japan, bah, they really shouldn't release it so early....

I do not think a remake on the ps3 will do for the ps3 what the original did for the ps1....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

I do not think a remake on the ps3 will do for the ps3 what the original did for the ps1.... [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with you to some extent. Final Fantasy VII was a tremendous success for the original PSX because of its revolutionary(for the time) graphics, storyline and because it was Square's first PSX game after it's split with Nintendo.

Although, I suppose if it was overhauled enough it might do a repeat. Look at Resident Evil for the GameCube. That game will probably sell a lot of systems for Nintendo.