OtakuBoards

Super Mario RPG:The best game?

Zero-Sama

[COLOR=blue]Has anyone ever played The game on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System?This game was made by both Square and Nintendo and this game looks like something you would find on the Sony Playstation or The Playstation Two.I mean,The game is one of the Longest,it has a Secret boss from Final Fantasy II.

This game was realeased in 1990,Or around there.It looks better than some games i see on my Playstation Two!I personaly think that if they are going to bring back Older Super Nintendo Entertainment System games like Chrono Trigger,Final Fantasy Games,Super Mario World and Super Mario 2 to systems like the Sony Playstation and Gameboy Advanced,I think they should bring it back to the Nintendo Gamecube Or to the Nintendo Gamecube.

Incunclusion,I just want to know who has played it and who thinks this game has a good quality.[/COLOR]

I've played Super Mario RPG back in the days of SNES,and I still do whenever I have nothing to do on my spare time.Although I don't consider Mario RPG one of the longest RPG game, the length of the game was quite average.:)

It was one of the bestest looking game on SNES,or it was the best looking game on SNES.The battle system of the game was neat and addictive,and all the different lands Mario & Friends traveled were brilliant specially Nimbus Land with all the clouds.The musics was great to listen too,and the character sprites were plain out awsome.

Best of all Bowser got to be part of your party,the big evil monster who always seem to be in Mario's way teams up with Mario now thats like a dream come true.Overall Mario RPG is great game.:)

Although it is a great game, it didn't keep my occupied for long.... I played for about a week, and then I lost interest.... And if they bring it to PS1, or PS2, they'd have to make a contract with Sony first, in which I don't think they will...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]And if they bring it to PS1, or PS2, they'd have to make a contract with Sony first, in which I don't think they will... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]I think he meant that if Square is remaking the old Final Fantasy games on the PSX and Nintendo is remaking the old Mario games on GBA, then Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars deserves to be remade on the GBA too. And I agree, it should be remade on the GBA. It was one of the best RPGs on the SNES, in my opinion.

Yes, I've played it and I think it's really cool. Having Bowser in your party is really cool too.

Btw, it was released in 1996. It couldn't have been released in 1990, because the Super NES came out in 1991.
And that hidden boss isn't from Final Fantasy II. I'm not sure if it's actually from a Final Fantasy game or if they just made it up, but I do know it's not from FFII. It does look like it, with those crystals, though.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zero-Sama [/i]
[B][COLOR=blue]Has anyone ever played The game on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System?This game was made by both Square and Nintendo and this game looks like something you would find on the Sony Playstation or The Playstation Two.I mean,The game is one of the Longest,it has a Secret boss from Final Fantasy II.

This game was realeased in 1990,Or around there.It looks better than some games i see on my Playstation Two!I personaly think that if they are going to bring back Older Super Nintendo Entertainment System games like Chrono Trigger,Final Fantasy Games,Super Mario World and Super Mario 2 to systems like the Sony Playstation and Gameboy Advanced,I think they should bring it back to the Nintendo Gamecube Or to the Nintendo Gamecube.

Incunclusion,I just want to know who has played it and who thinks this game has a good quality.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE].

I have to admit that it was a fine rpg with a refined combat system, excellent graphics and appealing humor.

I really liked turning into 2D Mario and actually fighting as Bowser alongside Mario for once. As much as I liked it though, I don't think it even holds a candle to most decent Playstation 2 games. That's not what's really important though, now is it?;)

Overall, I'd have to agree that it's still a better game than a lot of PSX and PS2 games. One could only hope that it releases on GameBoy Advance. Seeing as how Square was behind it, I'd say that it's a wait and see situation.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]no lol the game was the LAST game (well good game) out for the SNES and it came out... my freshman year of highschool (well summer before), and since my brother broke the SNES of xmas that year
it musta been '96 late '96 too i think, like after may lol[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

It can only be obtained at the begining of the game.It's when right before the main chamber Toad stops for a breif time at the door,Jump on him and up to the secret platform for a frog coin,That is if you can find the invisable chest.Or it could be right above toad,I'm only telling you what i read in a FAQ,As i too are too far to get it.

Mario RPG is my favorite mario game of all time.. and one of my favorite RPGs as well.. :)

the graphics where very different from what you normally saw on the Snes. the battle sys. was nice and with a large assortment of creatures and badguys new and old to fight it was very interesting. .. all of the special moves where very awesome(especially Geno whirl) and actually being able to notice the difference when you equiped a different weapon was also very spiffy.

but it wasn't the best rpg on Snes.. i strongly recommend Tales of phantasia.. but the chances of you finding it are slim..