OtakuBoards

How do you perfer your anime?

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo

I like my anime Subbed most of the time. Because its not edited at all most of the time and the orginal plot is still great. But sometimes I watch anime dubbed if its on T.V. and sometimes I watch it Raw, which is kinda tough at times, but I usually pick up on it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]Here is an example that will prove your theory wrong, first off I know more than one anime that is dubbed in which the womens voice are even more high pitched.

Evidence A:
Mihoshi from Tenchi Muyo has a high pitched voice in both voice tracks

Evidence B:
Sailor Moon English Dub also has way too many high pitched voices

The reason why many people like it subbed is because it is not altered or tainted in anyway and it really is the way anime was meant to be watched. English Dub versions of anime even the ones that claim to be fully uncut do happend to cut parts out or alter the story ideas.

I guess it depends on how you like watching it personally I find watching the Subbed version better but on many occassions I have to watch both tracks to make a fair anime review on the series or movie! [/B][/QUOTE]

It wasn't really a theory, it's just that the sub voices are usually higher than the dub ones, but I know, not always. Even if the anime is slightly edited, the main plots usually doesn't change gigantic amounts like you all make it out to be. Now, I dunno about SailorStars when they dub it. The plot may actually change a fair bit. >_< But I get your point, Rick. It was so funny, I always make my own voices when reading, and when I watched Sailor Stars subbed, I actually forgot it was in japanese....from time to time. But I still prefer dubbed. Now I'm actually not quite sure why.....:therock:

I'm in 8th grade, too, and I can read the subtitles fine, and still see the animation. That's not what I'm talking about. I just don't like subbed, but there's nothing wrong with it, just my preference. ^^ So many people think you're not really an anime fan if you watch dubbed, and I don't get this. I know it's a bit altered then, but I hate to break it to you guys, but Anime stand for Japanese animation. It has nothing to do with voices. Just because it's dubbed doesn't mean it's not anime anymore. So you can all stop acting prejudice against dubbies. >.<:bawl: Anyways, I really don't know what you guys are talking about, not being able to read subtitles and watch the show at the same time. It's not that hard, unless you're a really slow reader. But I read slow, and I still manage to read subtitles.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Duo Maxwell [/i]
[B]

they show it dubbed, and subbed is when its sub-titled [/B][/QUOTE]
Ok, ummmm, by "sub-titled', do you mean they change the title of it. :drunk:

• 2 years later...
Personally, I like my anime to be in Japanese dialogue. I can understand Japanese and I don't mind the English subs there. But most anime shows are dubbed horrendously and the characters just have the wrong voices. I don't really like watching the anme on T.V. all because they modify too much. They change a few words around, get rid of all the blood.... it takes all the fun out of the show!

[COLOR=#503F86]There's a thread where you can discuss dubs [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=43877]here[/URL]. Unless the thread's about a specific anime, ones older than 30 days generally shouldn't be brought back, heh. Topics like this don't take long to pop up again anyway, and I must have seen this one at least five times.

Thread closed.[/COLOR]