OtakuBoards

Your style......

Zaku II

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Trendy: The moto of America

that what Americans base their selves off of... Trendy this or that... trendy fasion, trendy music, trendy cars, trendy whatever.... it's all a buncha BS!

I don't do fasion very well... I wear what I look good in... if that happenes to be something "trendy" or something that stands out, so be it.

I don't listen to trendy music. I hate it... Pretty much all trendy music ends up sucking.... like boy bands....talk about trendy... i see New Kids on the Block all over again.... whats next? Vanilla Ice?

Life is all about originality and uniquity. If you follow trends how are you supposed to stand out and accomplish something in life.

Whee that was a fun rant thingy majigy.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Uh...excuse me? You know that every place has trends. Japan has trends. They have fashion trends; they have teenie-bopper trend magazines, I can even name some. You know they have trendy music. The Japanese music you listen to is popular, it's trendy. If it weren't, you wouldn't be listening to it. You never would have bothered to hear it, right? Do you really think that Americans are the only people who do things purely because it's popular?

I've been wondering. You, and others. What's your definition of boy band? The general idea is they were formed by someone else, they don't write their own music, they don't play their own music. They're made purely for making money, not making art, or expressing themselves. Come to think of it, they couldn't express themselves, it's not theirs. The dancing isn't either. They act, basically, right? Actors read their script and move about in an impressive fashion. Boybands sing what they're told to how they're told to. They dress and dance exactly how their told. Nothing is their own. Don't you listen to boy groups like that?

Ha, wait. Before I thought of any group as a boyband, I did listen to them. I listened to several songs. The sound honestly isn't for me. I don't care for the music. I don't dislike any boyband because they are a boyband.

Vegiman, gomen. -_-; That looks like I'm ranting at you, and I'm not. I just wanna rant, and you gave me something to rant over. ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aya [/i]
[B]

Uh...excuse me? You know that every place has trends. Japan has trends. They have fashion trends; they have teenie-bopper trend magazines, I can even name some. You know they have trendy music. The Japanese music you listen to is popular, it's trendy. If it weren't, you wouldn't be listening to it. You never would have bothered to hear it, right? Do you really think that Americans are the only people who do things purely because it's popular?

I've been wondering. You, and others. What's your definition of boy band? The general idea is they were formed by someone else, they don't write their own music, they don't play their own music. They're made purely for making money, not making art, or expressing themselves. Come to think of it, they couldn't express themselves, it's not theirs. The dancing isn't either. They act, basically, right? Actors read their script and move about in an impressive fashion. Boybands sing what they're told to how they're told to. They dress and dance exactly how their told. Nothing is their own. Don't you listen to boy groups like that?

Ha, wait. Before I thought of any group as a boyband, I did listen to them. I listened to several songs. The sound honestly isn't for me. I don't care for the music. I don't dislike any boyband because they are a boyband.

Vegiman, gomen. -_-; That looks like I'm ranting at you, and I'm not. I just wanna rant, and you gave me something to rant over. ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I know Japan has trends but they aren't nearly as bad as American trends.... Japanese music i listen to is not trendy.... well the J-Music i like isn't.... it's all the stuff before groups went mainstream and were sucked in by all the teens.... with the exception of gackt.... but you look at groups I like... just to name a few: Malice Mizer... none other like them... unique! Dir en grey, sure there are some others like them, but not 8,000 like boy bands.... move... very few other groups like them... globe and FB maybe are similar but move has it's own sound.... As for the groups that have gone mainstream and tha have become a "trned", PENICILLIN (well not really) but i like their earlier stuff before they were a trend.... same with Luna Sea, L'Arc~en~Ciel, and many other groups...

Boy band: A group that consists of 3 or more "boys" that sing and dance.... however Boy Band is the wrong term... Boy Group is what it should be called... a real boy band is like... Blink 182.....

I don't dislike boy bands I just don't see a need for 30 thousand of them in America.... and that many just ruin it.... why listen to them all when you can hear one song by NSYNC and basically the others just sound alike.... sing dance sing dance sing dance... 30 thousand times! ::puke::.... if it were just like 2 bands.... BSB and NSYNC i wouldn't mind... but there's way to many..... and none of them can have the originality to write their own songs and make their own dance steps.... something that, if I'm not mistaken, SMAP does... thats what makes SMAP so great, they have originality.... and that sweet disco sound heh.

It's ok Poo-chan.... you know I still love ya :)

I wear whatever the f*** I think looks good, and is comfortable. I prefer baggy pants like Kik wear and JNCO's. I go by the punk attitude of... I really don't give a f*** what other people think. I'm not a trendie or a trendsetter because I just don't really give a f***, although I personally dislike trendies. It's like the good ol' quote: "I walked over and kicked over a trash can and said that's punk. My friend looked at me walked over and kicked over a trash can, he said that's punk? I said, no that's a trend." Point being don't kick over a trashcan cuz' someone else does. Kick over a sign post, or a mailbox... Don't wear something just cuz' you see somebody else wearing it. Wear it cuz' you like not because they do. Just like my band Seven Fold. We WANT to stick out like a sore thumb. We're not just gonna' slip into the music trend and play sh** like everyone else. We're gonna' play our own style of Hardcore Industrial Aggro Metal...

i wear anything i wanna wear....but i do NOT wear preppy sh*t like "lil devil" or "punk girl" thats stupid.....i am NOT gothic...just a lil punk....anything BUT prep :D and same as Navi said earlier: shirts with things quotes) that i like on em....and erm....stuff yah....thats it

[quote]I go by the punk attitude of... I really don't give a f*** what other people think. I'm not a trendie or a trendsetter because I just don't really give a f***, although I personally dislike trendies. It's like the good ol' quote: "I walked over and kicked over a trash can and said that's punk. My friend looked at me walked over and kicked over a trash can, he said that's punk? I said, no that's a trend." [/quote]

yea exactly :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Yeah I know Japan has trends but they aren't nearly as bad as American trends.... Japanese music i listen to is not trendy.... well the J-Music i like isn't.... it's all the stuff before groups went mainstream and were sucked in by all the teens.... with the exception of gackt.... but you look at groups I like... just to name a few: Malice Mizer... none other like them... unique! Dir en grey, sure there are some others like them, but not 8,000 like boy bands.... move... very few other groups like them... globe and FB maybe are similar but move has it's own sound.... As for the groups that have gone mainstream and tha have become a "trned", PENICILLIN (well not really) but i like their earlier stuff before they were a trend.... same with Luna Sea, L'Arc~en~Ciel, and many other groups...

Boy band: A group that consists of 3 or more "boys" that sing and dance.... however Boy Band is the wrong term... Boy Group is what it should be called... a real boy band is like... Blink 182.....

I don't dislike boy bands I just don't see a need for 30 thousand of them in America.... and that many just ruin it.... why listen to them all when you can hear one song by NSYNC and basically the others just sound alike.... sing dance sing dance sing dance... 30 thousand times! ::puke::.... if it were just like 2 bands.... BSB and NSYNC i wouldn't mind... but there's way to many..... and none of them can have the originality to write their own songs and make their own dance steps.... something that, if I'm not mistaken, SMAP does... thats what makes SMAP so great, they have originality.... and that sweet disco sound heh.

It's ok Poo-chan.... you know I still love ya :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Eugh. Smap is the root of all evil, we all know that.

But I love you too, Vegi. :)

As a totally random side note, I'd like to say that the Spanish Inquisition was mentioned in law & justice class...and I thought of Monty Python...and I lauuuughed and lauuuughed... ^_^;

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

I preferred when you said bloody, heh.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh... I've been using that word a lot lately. Not sure why, but I rather enjoy it. A bit morbid, I know... I suppose that says something about my style, as well.

[color=deeppink]Well, style? I guess I'm Jenna-Style. I take a little bit of style from here and there, put it together, and make it my own. Of course I wear the trendy stuff that's in style, I love that stuff! But I don't just do it because it's in style...I do it because it's what I feel comfortable in, and what I love to wear. Jenna-Style...just ask Baby Kiwi...[/color]