Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I was wondering for all you people who watched the Ice Skating and know about what happened, do you agree with what happened or do you thikn Canadians only deserved silver...or do you think the russians should have silver not gold?? Say what you think right here!! Oh and if you have heard about the new changes what do you think about them?
Posted
I heard about it and I believe that the Canadians were ripped off big time. They gave us a flawless performance that was more polished than their Russian counterparts. I believe that I heard something about the judges giving each other signals with their feet when scoring. I don't know how reliable that is though....


At least my neighbors from up north have their rightfully deserved gold now though!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]I was wondering for all you people who watched the Ice Skating and know about what happened, do you agree with what happened or do you thikn Canadians only deserved silver...or do you think the russians should have silver not gold?? Say what you think right here!! Oh and if you have heard about the new changes what do you think about them? [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=crimson]

I was going to make this thread but I guess you beat me to it lol! I think what the Commitee agreed on was a very good solution. The Russian judge was bribed or pressured and it wasn't the Russian skaters fault. The Canadians did deserve the gold and they got it but the Russians also got gold. If they had taken the gold away think of how many more problems this would make. Possibly Russia would get in a huge arguement with The USA. I don't think President Bush needs that right now. I am pretty sure the Canadians would have to give back their silver for the gold. But like I said before what the Commitee did was probably the best thing to do.
[/size][/color]
Posted
Yeah I agree with both of you...I REALLY like whats happening with the new way of judging of course it won't be affect in this year...but how only half of the judges will count and those are chosen randomly un-known by the judges themselves...and using computers...I think its a great idea!

I know I am good and smooth too!! Lol ;)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Soccer 4 Life [/i]
[B]We got what we Deserved!!!

:therock: :mrt: Peace!!!:demon: :naughty: [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=crimson]

You Canadian??

I think that the Russian and the Canadian both deserved it and that that Russian judge should not be able to judge in the olympics again. Some place or person in Russia bribed or pressured her so that is why the Canadians didn't get it.[/size][/color]
Posted
I think that the Canadians were ripped off. though, upon seeing a clip of the eleged 'miss-step' the Russians made, I couldn't tell the difference. But I guess that's why I'm not an ice skating judge.

-Justin
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by \¤~NoodleZ~¤/ [/i]
[B]
[size=1][color=crimson]

You Canadian??

I think that the Russian and the Canadian both deserved it and that that Russian judge should not be able to judge in the olympics again. Some place or person in Russia bribed or pressured her so that is why the Canadians didn't get it.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I am Canadian EH!!

You're right The Russians and Canadians both deserved it ...... It wasn't the skaters(russian) fault either, It was the judging that screwed us(But that decision made Didn't last long)....

:therock: :mrt: Peace!!:demon: :naughty:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by phoenixflames [/i]
[B]I think that the Canadians should have gotten the gold. The Russian judge was probably bribed by whatever province the Russian skater. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]They WERE bribed. There was a big thing about it. Haven't you heard? [/COLOR]
Posted
Yes of course The russian and French judge made a deal they would give eachother really high scores and give the lower scores to the other countries...The French judge can't judge anymore and I think something else may happen to her...
Posted
[SIZE=4][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]just wondering... did yall realize it was the FRENCH judge who did it not the russian... and the russian is supposed to vote for the french in ice dancing lol... but i wonder what happens if it comes back that the russians knew about it... would they be DQ'ed if it happened?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
[I]All your gold medals are belong to Russia.[/I]

Aside from that, what's this so-called 'big scandal'? I don't get out from under my rock that often.
Posted
The Russians didn't deserve gold at all.

Not only did the Russians skate bad, they were ugly! And the Canadians were perfect.... I was really upset... and the fact they are "sharing" the gold is just stupid... The russian couple should just realize they sucked compared to the Canadians.

Now, if only the Canadians could pick up the slack in hockey!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]The Russians didn't deserve gold at all.

Not only did the Russians skate bad, they were ugly! And the Canadians were perfect.... I was really upset... and the fact they are "sharing" the gold is just stupid... The russian couple should just realize they sucked compared to the Canadians.

Now, if only the Canadians could pick up the slack in hockey! [/B][/QUOTE]

Lesson learnt; I'll always keep my mouth shut until I know all the facts. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...