OtakuBoards

G Gundam on CN

Ice Dragon v2

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

they wouldn't because they're not trying to show it on a kiddies channel :cross: [/B][/QUOTE]
Thank goodness...

I think America's obsession with not offending religous organization often goes too far. In this case its just rediculous. Thankfully I don't have to count on CN for my anime...

-Justin

• 2 weeks later...
G Gundam is gonna suck. I only saw 3 shows (I gave it 2 chances to redeem itself) and I couldn't take it anymore. Its trash. The only things I'm looking forward to is the DragonBall shows and the DBZ I haven't seen yet. (Not the Majin Buu saga - I've seen most of it)

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Milliardo [/i]
[B]

Funny, I am not much of a G Gundam fan, either. I agree that CN will make a big mistake in showing that one first, though I guess it's better than nothing. Or, have they just thought that a Dragonball-like mecha anime will somehow boost their ratings? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well to address this quote Cartoon Network has recently been trying to cash in on the dragon ball fad with bring out other animes similar to that style such as Yu Yu Hakusho and Mobile Fighter G Gundam. However I am pretty sure that G Gundam will not do well here in the English market, for two reasons. The first reason is it will be censored heavily and many hardcore fans of the show will be upset with the name changes which has already been proven by some of the post in this forum. Second the whole style behind the show is going to disappoint many of the US Gundam fans who haven't been acustomed to the alternate Universe timelines!

Also Cartoon Network is a family oriented network therefore they can not show uncensored anime, if you look very closely even the adult swim is censored a bit here and there, but thats a seperate topic! Apparently the last time a show air on a kids network aka Escaflowne on fox kids it was not censored much and parents started to complain about it and thus the show was canceled to put on more family friendly shows. In place of Escaflowne they put on Dungeons and Dragons, and claimed it was "new"! :flaming:

Too bad the government doesn't realize this is fiction. We're all not gonna see 5 story tall mechs walking down our streets anytime soon anyway. :( (If the military had something like that, I'll enlist in a heart beat) The name changes won't bother me too much, but I'm more worried on how they pronounce the words. Remember in the beginning in Gundam Wing when they called Heero, Hero:flaming: Its true the CN is family television, but they gotta losen the cencorship on Adult Swim a bit more. I can easily pick up deleted scenes in Gundam 0083, and see no defference in Tenchi Muyo or Outlaw Star when they aired it on weekday times.