OtakuBoards

G Gundam on CN

Ice Dragon v2

From [url]http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/bandai_gundam.shtml[/url]
G Gundam

G Gundam is coming to Cartoon Network this Fall, and Bandai is putting a huge support campaign behind it. Similar to the one that was used for the OYW Gundam stuff last year, fans can expect a huge quantity of product to spend their money on.

So far it is known in the English version, the God Gundam will be called the Burning Gundam, and the Devil Gundam will be called the Dark Gundam. A few others of the mobile fighters also seem to have undergone renaming, though it is not yet clear which names apply to them.

Heres more from [url]http://animeblues.netfirms.com/[/url]

According to Altered States Magazine, not only will Gundam 0083 be coming to the Cartoon Network, it will be joined by Gundam movie 4: Char's Counterattack, and Mobile Fighter G-Gundam later this year. Altered States Magazine has published several photos of upcoming American release G-Gundam toys and models, along with word that several of the G-Gundam mecha will be given new names for the American release.
Confirmed new names:
GF13-017NJII God Gundam - new name: Burning Gundam
JDG-009X Devil Gundam - new name: Dark Gundam
Unconfirmed new names:
GF13-021N Gundam Spiegel - new name Shadow Gundam
GF13-003NEL Johnbull Gundam - new name: Royal Gundam
GF13-052NT Minaret Gundam - new name: Gundam Scimitar
GF4-001NE Pharoah Gundam IV - new name: Mummy Gundam
Gundam Heaven Sword - new name: Raven Gundam
Death Army - new name: Dark Army

In my opinion, Cartoon Network just killed the series even before it came out. Wanna know why?? The name changes. Those fruitty :BLEEP:. The names God and Devil Gundams aren't gonna cause some religious controversy. If it does, then those :BLEEP: can die for it. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]From [url]http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/bandai_gundam.shtml[/url]
G Gundam

G Gundam is coming to Cartoon Network this Fall, and Bandai is putting a huge support campaign behind it. Similar to the one that was used for the OYW Gundam stuff last year, fans can expect a huge quantity of product to spend their money on.

So far it is known in the English version, the God Gundam will be called the Burning Gundam, and the Devil Gundam will be called the Dark Gundam. A few others of the mobile fighters also seem to have undergone renaming, though it is not yet clear which names apply to them.

Heres more from [url]http://animeblues.netfirms.com/[/url]

According to Altered States Magazine, not only will Gundam 0083
be coming to the Cartoon Network, it will be joined by Gundam movie 4: Char's Counterattack, and Mobile Fighter G-Gundam later this year. Altered States Magazine has published several photos of upcoming American release G-Gundam toys and models, along with word that several of the G-Gundam mecha will be given new names for the American release.
Confirmed new names:
GF13-017NJII God Gundam - new name: Burning Gundam
JDG-009X Devil Gundam - new name: Dark Gundam
Unconfirmed new names:
GF13-021N Gundam Spiegel - new name Shadow Gundam
GF13-003NEL Johnbull Gundam - new name: Royal Gundam
GF4-001NE Pharoah Gundam IV - new name: Mummy Gundam
Gundam Heaven Sword - new name: Raven Gundam
Death Army - new name: Dark Army

In my opinion, Cartoon Network just killed the series even before it came out. Wanna know why?? The name changes. Those fruitty :BLEEP:. The names God and Devil Gundams aren't gonna cause some religious controversy. If it does, then those :BLEEP: can die for it. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats good news.... except, Good Grief!! Why the hell would they be changing the names???:nope:. :flaming: .... What a bunch of Dumbassess.... There is only one word worth saying at a time like this ~~~~>Dishonour!!!

:therock: :mrt: Peace!!:demon: :smirk:

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
puting on such a bad anime in my opinion, why put the sterotyping/racist show know as Mobile Fighter G-Gundam that show had no plot back then and im sure it will have even less now! Cartoon Network made a big mistake one that will defintely hurt them when the ratings come in!

funny I was just now about to post about the same thing. I also wanted to mention the fact of the name changes and Cartoon Network having to make sure it is Politically correct. I was looking forward to it untill I read the part about the changes. True they nmay not seem that big but who knows they could change more. It doesnt matter how big the changes are i just dont like it when they make stuff PC. Its about as stupid as a gender freindly bible. About 5 years from now you want be able to have a show that mentions anything towards anykind of religious beleif, specifies a gender, or is in any way a negetive thought, picture, or word. May not beleive me but look at history. look how we are progressing over time. Each year we get more and more PC. God forbid someone gets their feelings hurt. It must be the end of the world when I get called stupid. Maybe Ill start sueing every name caller i can find.......Sorry got carried away there. Im through with my preaching now. (woops preaching is a rleigious term better edit that out, I might offend an atheist.)

(Sorry bout my harping on the subject I was mainly trying to point out how stupid it all is. Of course I could be blowing it out of proportion.) What do you guys think?

[B]I swear. We should complain about this. If it causes religious problems, well then, screw them. They can go kiss my :butthead: [/B][/QUOTE]

I can see the headlines now....

" blasphemy corrupting the world as the words god and devil are thrown loosely in a kiddies cartoon!"

even though they fail to understand that its not kiddie, or a cartoon, and that cn was just being stupid by wanting to show it....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

" blasphemy corrupting the world as the words god and devil are thrown loosely in a kiddies cartoon!"

even though they fail to understand that its not kiddie, or a cartoon, and that cn was just being stupid by wanting to show it.... [/B][/QUOTE]

What's up with that? Movies that have stuff (Religious) like that in them (Stigmata, Devil's advocate, End of Days.. etc) never get a bad rap, they ususally just get praised and stuff. No headlines or anything. Then when an Anime or a Cartoon uses them, they get all pissy. I wish people would understand..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

even though they fail to understand that its not kiddie, or a cartoon, and that cn was just being stupid by wanting to show it.... [/B][/QUOTE]
Dude, look at EVA. That show is mainly on religion. Why not make controversy about that.

[B]
Dude, look at EVA. That show is mainly on religion. Why not make controversy about that. [/B][/QUOTE]

they wouldn't because they're not trying to show it on a kiddies channel :cross:

[/QUOTE]

sound anything like scythe to anyone. I had heard about the release before but not all the new names.by the way cn and its producers have always been dumb but you got to figure changing the names of god and devil gundams was kind of smart. last thing they need is to get bashed by the christian coalition.i mean if religion was not a factor eva would have been released long ago.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gundamcat17 [/i]
[B]

sound anything like scythe to anyone. I had heard about the release before but not all the new names.by the way cn and its producers have always been dumb but you got to figure changing the names of god and devil gundams was kind of smart. last thing they need is to get bashed by the christian coalition.i mean if religion was not a factor eva would have been released long ago. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thus another reason why we hate the American government...

[B]Blah, I'm gonna write to CN saying that they should leave it the names alone. It doesn't sound right and plus, look at the title: Moblie Fighter God Gundam. One day people are gonna ask what the "G" stood for. [/B][/QUOTE]

So help me, if someone REALLY asks that, I will personally roll the CN HQ, and then procede to take it over.

But seriously, CN just lost a [size=4]BIG[/size] chunk of people's trust/admiration(If they got any to start with, that is...)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuperSayian [/i]
[B]

But seriously, CN just lost a [size=4]BIG[/size] chunk of people's trust/admiration(If they got any to start with, that is...) [/B][/QUOTE]

no, they haven't lost the trust of those who do not know what the original names were....

[B]
But seriously, CN just lost a [size=4]BIG[/size] chunk of people's trust/admiration(If they got any to start with, that is...) [/B][/QUOTE]
What trust??
There was no trust to begin with.
Right now, my friends and I started a petition to change the names back. I'll send the copy of the email once we get it finished.

Yeah what trust. Anyway Its there network and they put it in Adult swim so what are some group of christians going to do it says adults should watch it not little kids and if they want to get mad let them it shouldn't be done just so they won't get letters by a group. They should keep it true.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]puting on such a bad anime in my opinion, why put the sterotyping/racist show know as Mobile Fighter G-Gundam that show had no plot back then and im sure it will have even less now! Cartoon Network made a big mistake one that will defintely hurt them when the ratings come in! [/B][/QUOTE]

Funny, I am not much of a G Gundam fan, either. I agree that CN will make a big mistake in showing that one first, though I guess it's better than nothing. Or, have they just thought that a Dragonball-like mecha anime will somehow boost their ratings?

[B]In any case, they might make up for G Gundam if they:

1) Move 0083 to Toonami
2) Stop CENCORING everything on Toonami. I mean, jeez, kids are gonna hear/see all this shi? one day, so why delay the inevitible? [/B][/QUOTE]

yes, but CN don't want to be the reason for kids hearing it, as outraged parents will most likely decapitate them....