Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Which languages do you speak? (Must be able to say a lot of words in this language)  

37 members have voted

  1. 1. Which languages do you speak? (Must be able to say a lot of words in this language)

    • None, only English.
      8
    • German
      8
    • Spanish
      10
    • Norweigen
      2
    • Portugese (spell?)
      2
    • Italian
      4
    • Japanese
      8
    • Chinese
      6
    • French
      10
    • Irish
      1
    • Russian
      5
    • Swedish
      1
    • Your own
      11
    • Other
      8


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]wait you meant fluent... well then i speak internetess very well (unlike anyone else here) and i can also read and listen to most any dialect of english ;). including the bad grammer of the members of these boards (even the few worse than mine ;))[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
I used to speak Italian... along with the rest of my family.... and I was born in Australia... :drunk: But I learned to speak English before I went to school. :)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jaclyn [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]Wish I could read symbols like Chinese or Japanese. That would be sah-weet![/COLOR] :D [/B][/QUOTE]

I did chinese for nine years.... now i'm doing italian and failing misserably...
Posted
[color=seagreen] sé algún español...

je sais un certain français...

ich kenne irgendein deutsches...my descent :rolleyes:

some nihon...

learning mandarin...

just a bit of Russian<---gave up on that for ahwile...(hard)

and that's all yeah...
none of them am i 100% fluent in...but i get by... :blush:[/color]

:wave:
Posted
[SIZE=1][B]I'M TAKING FRENCH IN SCHOOL... IT REALLY SUCKS. I KNOW SOME STUFF BUT, WELL, I'M NOT EXACTLY A FRENCH-SPEAKING KIND OF PERSON...[/B][/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]Why do I feel that some of you are over exaggerating about the number of languages you speak? Perhaps it's because most of you are younger than me and I have had 4 years of French and I am far from fluent...:shifty:

Ah well, I suppose some of you are bilingual if you come from a home that speaks both English and another language, but honestly...ALL of those languages? I must be really far behind on my education or something :cross:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Let's just say that you know over 250 words in that language...

If it was down to if you can vaguely speak a language, then I would also have:

Latin;
Croatian;
Bosnian;
Macedonian;
Greek;
French;
Japanese;

and so on. It's stupid. I'm only fleunt in two languages, and learning another two, and that's it (They are mentioned in the list)
Posted
I'm doing my 2nd year of Japanese currently. I'm not going too well either, in my last test, I got 35% out of 100. :D Just got past the passing mark... :toothy:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]I'm doing my 2nd year of Japanese currently. I'm not going too well either, in my last test, I got 35% out of 100. :D Just got past the passing mark... :toothy: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]How in the blue hell is 35% passing? You must have some screwy system over there...you have to get over 50% (which is a failing grade) to pass anything over here...:shifty:[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]I'm doing my 2nd year of Japanese currently. I'm not going too well either, in my last test, I got 35% out of 100. :D Just got past the passing mark... :toothy: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=blue][size=1] the rest of the class didn't do too well right? [/color][/size]
Posted
As a general question to Australians,

Do you learn Japanese and Chinese in your schools?


For everybody, what are the main languages taught in your school? Mine is German, French, and Russian
Posted
I can speak Spanish and English. The only problem I have is that sometimes I speak English with horrible syntax (sp?). Oh yeah, and I also speak Spanglish (horrible mix of both languages that is frequently used in PR).
Guest QuickSilver
Posted
in school they teach us english, french for three years you can choose to do it longer and welsh
Guest Mike.C
Posted
I speak a little french because i go to french immersion. It is really ez to learn to. Nut after a day in class i m pretty screwed up lol.After a while french gets really annoying!! :drunk: :all: :help:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...