OtakuBoards

Broadway Plays

Defcon5

[color=seagreen] kittie is a [b] [i] huge [/b] [/i] fan of [i] 'DreamGirls' [/i]!!

Love the songs...the muzik...the script...everything about it! wunderbar play!!

also let's not forget [i] 'Guys and Dolls' [/i]! hello! :rolleyes: :blush:

eh...i'm in a mood... [/color]

:wave:

[color=crimson][size=1]I've never seen a Broadway play, but I do like to go see plays when I can. I went to the Alabama Shakespeare Festival (sounds so out of place...) and saw Cinderella and The Tempest, but I want more variety and our school plays don't never sound all that interesting enough for me to pay 5 dollars to see when that money can go elsewhere..[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Well the only broadway play I've seen is Jesus Christ Superstar.... on T.V... :drunk: So I guess that's my fave! :D [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]:drunk: Argh, that probably means that you saw the new version? The original movie version is SO much better! What was the one you saw like?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]:drunk: Argh, that probably means that you saw the new version? The original movie version is SO much better! What was the one you saw like?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
The new version?! I only thought there was one version.... :drunk:

I only saw part of it, they were all singing, and there was this man that I suppose was Jesus. And it was in a forest... It looked like a pretty modern movie, I mean, all the music and singing was up-to-date... The rest I have on video, and I haven't watched it yet. :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by goddess21 [/i]
[B][color=crimson]Out of all of the broadway shows I have been to (which is not many), I liked Rent the most.... It was amazing! I saw The Music Man last weekend... and that was pretty good too! :D [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah the music man was pretty good. But that Harold Hill was way too happy. And then he made everyone else way too happy.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]Phantom of the Opera would have to be mine. (That was on broadway, right?)[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

yup, that was on broadway, the original broadway cast included micheal crawford (who many consider the true phantom) and sarah brightman (grr........that one has an attitude problem)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Defcon5 [/i]
[B]

Yeah the music man was pretty good. But that Harold Hill was way too happy. And then he made everyone else way too happy. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Yeah... it doesn't seem like a town would just fall for his act like that.... they were all pretty gullible![/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baby Kiwi [/i]
[B][color=crimson]I have never seen a Broadway play, but I do get to go see The Lion King in several weeks. I'm kinda excited! :raspberry: [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=firebrick]I am too... this is going to be so great! I love the movie... so that probably helps![/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by goddess21 [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Yeah... it doesn't seem like a town would just fall for his act like that.... they were all pretty gullible![/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

And for someone who didn't know anything about music he was pretty good at creating a choir...

Musicals are one of my favorites. I have many favorites: Les Miserables; Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; Jesus Christ, Superstar; The Sound of Music...there's a lot, really! Phantom of the Opera is another. They're Playing Our Song. Miss Saigon...and the list just goes on.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Defcon5 [/i]
[B]

And for someone who didn't know anything about music he was pretty good at creating a choir... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Yeah! I really liked those 4 guys that would always going around singing.... and those ladies that tried to dance! :) [/color]