OtakuBoards

Goku and Goten

gwendolyn24

I feel really wierd about starting a new thread, so bear with me.

Did Goku know about the exhistence of Goten before turning up at the martial arts tournament? They way the living people talk about it, nothing in particular, but it seemed like he knew of him.(I know they hadnt seen each other.) But when Goku shows up, he didn't seem to.

Does the question make sense? I've watched a few of the episodes again, but I can't find anywhere that he did, but something says to me that he did. Thanks in advance for your help.

Gwen

Guest Altron Gundam
Well there's always a 6-7 month period of when you actually find out you're pregnant and when you deliver the baby, so Gokou must have done it b4 the Cell Games then died. The Chi-Chi had Goten

I don't think he knew about him. Going by the dubs, he said something like, "Hey Chichi, there's a little me behind your leg." He was probably too busy training to even notice. As a matter of fact, he didn't know about Android 18's marriage to Krillen and he was surprised by how much Gohan had grown up.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]I don't think he knew about him. Going by the dubs, he said something like, "Hey Chichi, there's a little me behind your leg." He was probably too busy training to even notice. As a matter of fact, he didn't know about Android 18's marriage to Krillen and he was surprised by how much Gohan had grown up. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, Chi Chi, there's a little me behind your leg! Now there's an odd statement!

I don't think he knew, but then again he might have and it didn't say. I think he just spaced about it and then finally found out at the tournament becuase Goku asked,"Whos that little guy" or something like that but anyway I don't think he knew.

Yeah jus goes to show what a crappy job they sometimes do dubbing over the diolauge. Even so i think Goku probly knew because there was none of the usal reaction to unexpected stuff
( big drop on head and falling over with feet in air and groaning) I think when he made the comment on Goten he was jus kidding and why would he not know? No one had ne reson to keep it from him

Come on people, let's look at the facts here. Goten is seven years old when the Buu saga starts. Goku was fighting in the other world tournament for seven years. I think it's pretty self explanitory. He obviously lost track of time concentrating on fighting and eating. Booya!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Come on people, let's look at the facts here. Goten is seven years old when the Buu saga starts. Goku was fighting in the other world tournament for seven years. I think it's pretty self explanitory. He obviously lost track of time concentrating on fighting and eating. Booya! [/B][/QUOTE]

actually goten is five or six, which is hellu strange considering the timeline or something....

[color=red][size=3]Good points, but let's look at this quote from the episode [i]I AM SAIYAMAN[/i]:

"He is Gohan's baby brother! Born after the cell games [b]he is the son Goku never knew he had[/b]."

I'm not sure that's the exact quote, but if it is, there's the answer right in the series. No, he never knew about Goten.

--JCBaggee[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B][color=red][size=3]Good points, but let's look at this quote from the episode [i]I AM SAIYAMAN[/i]:

"He is Gohan's baby brother! Born after the cell games [b]he is the son Goku never knew he had[/b]."

I'm not sure that's the exact quote, but if it is, there's the answer right in the series. No, he never knew about Goten.

--JCBaggee[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure the qoute was "The son Goku never knew" so it could have meant he never met him but might have still known he existed. I could be wrong but i am almost positive.

[color=red][size=3]Yeah, I know, that's why I added that last sentence. I've got a pretty good memory, but I think it may have gone something like "...the son Goku never met". But let's also look at this: would he have really kept checking in on his family? I mean, he's dead so he probably wouldn't torture himself that often by looking that the loved ones he never could see again. We also know he didn't contact them judging by their reactions during the episode [i]I'LL FIGHT TOO![/I] when he contacted them all.
So did he or didn't he? Maybe this event is going to be like the dilemma with Goten's tail...never solved.[/color][/size]

Wow thanks for everyone's opinions! I have no clue why this one little fact had been bugging me for so long.

So noone knows of any proof to either way? GRRRRRRRR.

Maybehis WILL be another tail argument.....I wish they set up the early background on Goten better.

Gwen

i agree with jc and the others. i don't think that goku knew about goten. if he was watching over his family then why did he ask gohan what he was wearing. if he was watching over them he would have known that he why he was wearing his costume. he would have also known that chi-chi was training goten and that he had become the youngest ssj.

Guest Shift
[i]I don't think that goku knew because like people, keep sayin' what Goku said and that is just the plain faqs.[/i]

I have proof Goku had no clue Goten was alive. On the ep Gather for the Tournament Goku appears and they get misty eyed and Goku sees Goten and says to Chi Chi: "I think theres a little me behind your legs Chi Chi." Case Closed I have found the proof. If oyu don't believe me watch the ep.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

actually goten is five or six, which is hellu strange considering the timeline or something.... [/B][/QUOTE]

No, Goten [b]is[/b] 7. Trunks is 8. Think about it.. Trunks was only a few months old when the Androids came about, and Goten was most likely concived a few days before the Cell Games, which would put him a year behind Trunks. And, if you want semi-complete facts,...

Eight years have gone by since the Cell Games. Trunks was still an infant during the Android Saga, eight years before the whole Buu thing. Goten would have to be a year younger than Trunks, because Trunks was most likely a year old during the Android Saga (Given to the facts that he had hair and could walk). Goten would have to have been at the least a year older than Trunks, because pregnacy takes 9 months, and as said before, Trunks must have been at LEAST 6 months old...

Must I continue?! =P