Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1]It is springtime, and do all of you know what that means? No not romance... research papers! I have been searching the local library and internet trying to find plenty of information about Japanese Internment Camps (the topic for my paper) and I realized I can't possibly be the only person on the boards who is forced to do these things. So I am wondering what your research paper is about, and how you came up with your topic.[/size]
Posted
well, as you know i have to do mine on greta garbo... well, its not that bad, un like last year when i had to research bubble gum, and its health factors.... ooo, that was so much fun......
Posted
Research Papers?? What?? Is this some thing that kids in america do that kids in the uk don't do... I mean, yes, I've heard of research papers, but the ones I'm thinking of, I won't have to do til I have a phD.... yes... it's official.. one day I will have a phD... hopefully in 6 years :drunk:
Posted
well, yeah, here in the us, we have to do a research paper, all 4 years of high school. one each year, makeing 4 papers:eek:
Guest Shift
Posted
My reseach paper was about...i think it was the country of Tuvalu...yep that's pretty much the only one i had this year.
Posted
Thats the only one you had this year. I've had like 20. The one right now I just finished was over the book great expectations. I severly dislike how in order to get a grade I have to read stuff like that. I also have three coming up one on each chapter in Geograpghy.(dislike that class)
Guest Shift
Posted
Well shiba, i have had things like book reports and speeches...but that doesn't really count as a research paper.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boris [/i]
[B]well, yeah, here in the us, we have to do a research paper, all 4 years of high school. one each year, makeing 4 papers:eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]:shifty: More like 10-15...I've done so many papers in my lifetime that I could throw them in an empty pool and swim among them...if that visual helps explain the enormity of the situation -_-

In fact, thanks for reminding me, I don't have a research paper to do, but rather a 5-7 page analysis on [b]The Grapes of Wrath[/b]...I should perhaps start that seeing as how it is due Monday...[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]Hey, Grapes Of Wrath...I remember doing that last year...timed...it was hell trying to write all that stuff in 120 minutes...Right now I'm doing a chapter-by-chapter analysis on Rain Of Gold 21 chapters, 21+ pages...then for Economics I'm doing a paper on the Enron scandal.[/COLOR]
Posted
This sounds like some sort of a project. We always get projects.... all round the year... :( But, I've never gotten a "research paper"..
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]Grapes of wrath!!!!!
I read that book in lit and hated every minute of it!!!!!!
[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=deeppink]I thought it was an awesome book. How could you not like it? I hated all of Steinbeck's other stuff that I've read, but The Grapes of Wrath was such a beautiful story.[/color]
Posted
[quote][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]
[color=deeppink]I thought it was an awesome book. How could you not like it? I hated all of Steinbeck's other stuff that I've read, but The Grapes of Wrath was such a beautiful story.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Erhm...was that the one with the chapter about the turtle crossing the road? or perhaps I'm thinking of something else...[/FONT]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]
In fact, thanks for reminding me, I don't have a research paper to do, but rather a 5-7 page analysis on [b]The Grapes of Wrath[/b]...I should perhaps start that seeing as how it is due Monday...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

i'm sorry, but.. reading that book is like sliding down a razor blade w/ a lit match in your hand into a pool of gasoline.

i've done several research papers over the years but my favorites were "the dangers of conformity & self-suppression" & "alotropes of sulfur" (mostly b/c to write that one i got to light lots of fires, heheh).
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]Erhm...was that the one with the chapter about the turtle crossing the road? or perhaps I'm thinking of something else...[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

It's about people fleeing from the dust bowl during the Great Depression if I'm not mistaken.

BabyGirl did you ever read The Pearl? It's also by John Sitenbeck. We had to read it in school and I actually enjoyed it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...