OtakuBoards

Jet Set Radio Future

Shy

[size=1]I am very excited about this game, even though I don't have an X-Box I still plan to steal my friend's and play it. Do any of you guys plan on buying it, and have you ever played the original?[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuperSayian [/i]
[B]What system was the original on? And is that the one where you scate throughout the city and mess around or whatever? If so, steal whatever you need, cuz it lokks killa! :D [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]The First was on Dreamcast, Jet Grind Radio. Heh.

JSRF I want so baddd....

It looks so tightttt....[/color]

Yeah, I want to get it too. According to most reviews, the only problems it has is quirky camera angles and lackluster level designs. Like, I heard that there's a lot of instances where you'll fall off of skyscrapers to you ultimate demise, mwhahaha. Ah well, it'll still be fun anyway.

Guest Imsirion
I love that game! I played Jet set Radio (jet set being the japanese version), I played it from 7pm to 5 am.

The game looks amazing in a Cel-Shaded environment including the main character himself, and if the first one was fun for me I bet the sequel would be even more enjoyable.:)

Whenever the day I purchase the Xbox, will be the day I'll get Jet Set Radio Future.

JSRF rules i haven't played the old version but in this version you can customize graffiti, you get tons of characters, the first person you earn is Beat, second is Combo, and later through the game you get to play as Roboy, Cube, 99 sutin the game is really cool you get to skate around sewers and all this stuff, (man i just gave tons of spoilers o well that is only 1/4 of the game)

Guest Jabroni3:16
Was just at Best Buy and Crazy White Boy is correct, it's Jet Grind Radio. As for JSRF, it is one of the better X-Box games out at the moment, i highly recoment it to anyone here wating for a game to tide them over till Unreal Championship gets released.

Guest Jabroni3:16
I don't know, i just know that the UK and Japanese versions didn't have the Rob Zombie songs and had some extra levels, at least according to my friend who lives in Norway, or someother Northern European Country.

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm, lets see, i have an XBOX, i have JSRF, and i think its the best game ever!!!! It is so sweet, especially the cell gfx, those are cool, its very cool, highly recommend buying it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zachary [/i]
[B]actually some magazines i read gamve it a bad score like 7.0. I consider that bad:laugh: [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, well some magazines can be harsh on sequels, or it may be that they just didn't like the controls because of the consoles controller, I personally have not played the game yet so I cannot really comment on it....

• 3 weeks later...
This game was the reason I even bought an Xbox. I don't like it as much as the first for several reasons... Mainly because they ditched the using the stick to tag method. They also got rid of the time limit and the Rokkaku no longer chase you while you are tagging the streets... It took away a LOT of the challenge. I also don't feel the music is as good as in the original, although it's still excellent. I don't get why Birthday Cake is in the game though, especially considering Cibo Matto's second LP "Stereo*Type A" has tons of songs that would fit the game better.

And the game was Jet Set Radio in Japan and always was. Who knows why Sega changed the DC one to Grind when it came out in the US.