OtakuBoards

Good 'ol TCG Topic Right Here!

Char!

[SIZE=1][B]HEY, ANYONE REMEMBER THE CARD GAME? I PULLED OUT MY OLD BINDER A FEW DAYS AGO AND AM RECORDING THE VALUE OF MY COLLECTION. WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS THIS: HAS THE DOUBLE-HOLOGRAPHIC ANCIENT MEW CARD GONE DOWN IN VALUE FROM THE$100 AREA SINCE ITS MASS RELEASE FOR THAT MOVIE PROMO WAY BACK? THANKS :D
[/B][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkmoon [/i]
[B]I think it's gone down alot more than just a little, afterall, their not as populare as they used to be, so not many people will want to buy it any more... [/B][/QUOTE]
Well I'm not too sure on that one. In the "Official Pokemon TCG Value Handbook" it says that the card is worth just a little under than it's origianl price. But that book's about half a year old, so you could be right aswell. :)

[color=indigo]Are you talking about the Mew card that was given out at Pokémon the Movie 2000? The one that's holographic on both sides? I can't imagine that they were ever worth that much... Heck, I have three of them... They can't be [i]that[/i] rare.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Are you talking about the Mew card that was given out at Pokémon the Movie 2000? The one that's holographic on both sides? I can't imagine that they were ever worth that much... Heck, I have three of them... They can't be [i]that[/i] rare.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

How did you get three? I couldent even get one of those limited cards because they were all gone when I watched the movie.

How much is a holo Charizard worth? I've got two of them (the original, not the rocket edition).

The mew cards sold at the movie were copies of the ultra-expensive double sided holo Mew...The card is still valued at over $100.00!

Also, Used to, a Holo Charizard would be worth around $55.00, but lately, ive seen them selling for $18.00

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cruizr [/i]
[B]
Also, Used to, a Holo Charizard would be worth around $55.00, but lately, ive seen them selling for $18.00 [/B][/QUOTE]
:eek: I can't even get one of them here for [i]under[/i] $30.00...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkmoon [/i]
[B]

How did you get three? I couldent even get one of those limited cards because they were all gone when I watched the movie.

How much is a holo Charizard worth? I've got two of them (the original, not the rocket edition). [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]I went to the movie on the first day it came out. My mom wouldn't let me go alone (and it's always nice to get a ride :D), so I got two of them, one for each ticket. Then, I was buying a few cards on eBay (the one that I really wanted was a promo, holographic Eevee), and I got one with those.
If I can find someone to pay me $100.00, I'd definitely sell them!!! Any takers? :D

My Pikachu World Collection binder (see attachment), are my most prized cards in my whole collection. That, and my three first edition, holographic, Fossil Set Legendary Birds.
I don't know... I don't really like the Ancient Mew cards... If I could even get $25.00 for one, I think I'd take it![/color]

The Double holofoil Mew in Japanese is still worth over a hundred dollars, I think, but the mass release one for Pokémon: The First Movie English version is only worth 1.00 (Non-mint) to 3.00 (Mint-Mint). Sorry.

[color=indigo]Did you go to one of the first showings? I went to it on the day it came out. When I went to the first movie, I went only a few days after it came out, and they didn't have any cards left (I really wanted one of the promo Pikachu cards that they were giving out, but I ended up having to buy one)... So I made sure to go on the first day, for the second movie.[/color]

[color=green]Yeah man, I was one of the first people to get the movie! They said something like "come back tomorrow, and you can get your Holographic Mew card". So when we did, they said some technical stuff like "sorry, there's no record here that you've reserved a card".....

Man I wish I had that card. Though once I was so close to trading one of my 2 holographic Pinsirs. And another time, I nearly traded a holographic Ditto for one. Though both times they didn't work out.... :([/color]

The Mew cards dropped and so did the game. I heard the Mew cards dropped to about $60.00, and I am just amazed. I am going to the Pokemon store around where we live and I am going to check *Goes over to store* Yep $60.00.

Huh. Alright, $60 is still okay...
I remember the good ol' days, back in the summers. I'd go to the 7-Mile Fair (Really, REALLY big outdoor and indoor rummage sale thing, it's grade) and buy a bunch of Pokémon cards. I wouldn't get packs, there's no thrill in that. You could get packs anywhere. Nope, for me I'd look for retail cards. There was no bigger a thrill for me to look through a small box and *gasp* find a, say, Golem or a Weepinbell.
I didn't have much cards, or of a life...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B][color=green]But it still dissapoints me when I think that I could've scored $100 from it.... Just think, it's only a piece a foil or something..... nothing like gold....[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yeah, I know... I remember when the cards were first getting really popular, and a Charizard would sell for $100... Man, I wish I'd had mine then...

Funny Story:
One day I went to a comic book store to buy two Base Set Booster Packs, and the two rare cards that I [i]really[/i] wanted was a Charizard, and a Zapdos. Well, I get home and I open up the first pack. I look through the cards, and what do I find? A Charizard! After a minute of dancing around my room for joy, I opened up the second pack... Yep, you guessed it... I got a Zapdos... I couldn't believe it. Those were the two cards that I wanted most, and I just happened to get them! At the same time!
I mean, what were the odds of that happening? Pretty low, since those were two of the rarest cards in the Base Set! Isn't that weird?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]Yeah, I know... I remember when the cards were first getting really popular, and a Charizard would sell for $100... Man, I wish I'd had mine then...

Funny Story:
One day I went to a comic book store to buy two Base Set Booster Packs, and the two rare cards that I [i]really[/i] wanted was a Charizard, and a Zapdos. Well, I get home and I open up the first pack. I look through the cards, and what do I find? A Charizard! After a minute of dancing around my room for joy, I opened up the second pack... Yep, you guessed it... I got a Zapdos... I couldn't believe it. Those were the two cards that I wanted most, and I just happened to get them! At the same time!
I mean, what were the odds of that happening? Pretty low, since those were two of the rarest cards in the Base Set! Isn't that weird?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That is odd. But what's amazing to me is how the price of Charizard card dropped like a stone.

I remember when a Charizard would sell for over $300. Too bad for us, they aren't as popular anymore.
But just wait about 10 years, and collectors will spend loads of money for even the most common of cards! That's the way those things go... I can't wait!