Jump to content
OtakuBoards

FF XI: Updates


Guest Altron Gundam

Recommended Posts

Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
I was reading a preview on FFXI on gamespot.com, and from what I hear its going to be AWESOME. Here some main points:

- For the PS2, Online RPG
-You have total customization of your char, height, weight, race everything.
-You can choose(like Warcraft etc.) what race you can be. Each race specializes in something like magic, or physical strength, etc.
-You can barter, trade, and doing almost anything that interacts w/. other players.
-6 diff. players make a party if you choose to do so. Parties can even make alliances.
-Job System is back(refer to FFV)
-Basically its hella tight.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]I was reading a preview on FFXI on gamespot.com, and from what I hear its going to be AWESOME. Here some main points:

- For the PS2, Online RPG
-You have total customization of your char, height, weight, race everything.
-You can choose(like Warcraft etc.) what race you can be. Each race specializes in something like magic, or physical strength, etc.
-You can barter, trade, and doing almost anything that interacts w/. other players.
-6 diff. players make a party if you choose to do so. Parties can even make alliances.
-Job System is back(refer to FFV)
-Basically its hella tight. [/B][/QUOTE]

FF5 job system!? Sw33t!! Hell, anything remotley similar to the FF5 job system rules, that system was mint.
Man, wish I had FFXI right about now..
Posted
[SIZE=1]Yeah, the FFV job system and the customising your characters makes it sounds so cool.

It's also not meant to be turn based, it's apparantly gonna be an action RPG, so getting new weapons and upgrading them makes you stronger. I think it's gonna be action RPG.[/SIZE]
Posted
Yes,But with all this good stuff,What about frame rate?Wouldn't all the characters and all the different thing slow it down?


Also,When we all get it,We could form the Otaku Alliance!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zero-Sama [/i]
[B]Yes,But with all this good stuff,What about frame rate?Wouldn't all the characters and all the different thing slow it down?


Also,When we all get it,We could form the Otaku Alliance! [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yeah, that would be cool, all people from Otaku Boards should join Otaku Alliance :).

And, I think you have to pay to play it... like, online, which is a bummer, but you just pay with the connection you have I think.[/SIZE]
Posted
Yeah but how would you figure whos who like go by Otaku names or something???? and if you did you'd have to form diffrent parties.

P.S. When's the internet thing for PS2 coming out and how much?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zero-Sama [/i]
[B]Yes,But with all this good stuff,What about frame rate?Wouldn't all the characters and all the different thing slow it down?


Also,When we all get it,We could form the Otaku Alliance! [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]But y'all gotta wait a lifetime [u]after[/u] it's Brit release, even, cos it's gonna be ages before my Mum lets me have a PS2. What with all the lazying I do already

Anyway, yeah, Otaku Alliance...so is that [i]one[/i] party of six, or many different parties?

Oh, and is the [size=1]JOB SYSTEM[/size] the same as the [size=1]CLASS SYSTEM[/size]?
I confused

*never knew Altron liked FF either o_o*[/b]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Well, you can create your own parties of six by joining other people, but you can [i]also[/i] join other parties to make an alliance, pretty simple too. We'll rock :p

Job system was a special system from Final Fantasy V that determined what your character was good at, you have Theif, Red Mage, White Mage, Black Mage, Barbarian and I think Warrior, but that is probably just Barbarian.

See, each of these jobs have certain special abilites, White Mages can cast alot of powerful White Magic, Black Mages: Black Magic and Red Mages I think can use a mixture of the two. Then Barbarians/Warriors have alot of strong physical attacks and good physical defence, but the suck at magic things. Theives are very good at all evading things, but not magic I think, and they have the special abilty Steal.

This could be all of the jobs, but I am not sure, I'll have to look up on it again.

As for when the internet modem thing is coming out for the PS2, not a clue, but lots of online games will be released [i]with[/i] it, so there may be a chance that FFXI comes out the same time as that. It may come out this Christmas, or next year (most likely), but I'm a bit fogged by it and I'll look up on it some more.[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]

Job system was a special system from Final Fantasy V that determined what your character was good at, you have Theif, Red Mage, White Mage, Black Mage, Barbarian and I think Warrior, but that is probably just Barbarian.
[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh heh, don't forget;
Knight
Monk
Dragoon
Ninja
Samurai
Berserker
Archer
Mystic Knight
Time Mage
Caller
Blue Mage
Trainer
Chemist
Elementalis
Bard
Dancer
Mimic

And by Barbarian, you probably were refering to Beserker.. ;)
Posted
[SIZE=1]Ah... me forgets many... :p

I'll see if I can get all the descriptions for all the job types tonight, then you can indulge in picking what you are gonna be for FFXI ;)

I'm not sure that they are going to use [i]all[/i] of the job types in FFXI as they did in FFV... I'll look up on that too :p

Lots of looking up :).[/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Eh... and online game [i]can[/i] get boring, but so can any other game...

I think it'll be a few years more before they make Final Fantasy XX lol. So don't worry, you've got plenty of time to play :).[/SIZE]
Posted
[COLOR=indigo]Now too make my plan so i can get the name Cloud.... before anyone else.... [/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]

Heh heh, don't forget;
Knight
Monk
Dragoon
Ninja
Samurai
Berserker
Archer
Mystic Knight
Time Mage
Caller
Blue Mage
Trainer
Chemist
Elementalis
Bard
Dancer
Mimic

And by Barbarian, you probably were refering to Beserker.. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]From all i know (which is alot ;)) there are:

Knight
Monk
Thief
Lancer
Ninja
Samurai
Berserker
Hunter
Sorcerer
White Mage
Black Mage
Time Mage
Summoner
Blue Mage
Red Mage
Trainer
Chemist
Geomancer
Bard
Dancer
Mime
Bare

Thats what i have... i'm not sure if there's anymore or not.........

Note: This is the PSX version i'm talking about.[/COLOR]
Posted
I just want to say that the three races look pretty cool, if not a little strange. Has anyone seen the midget-sized, taru taru? They kind of remind me of Teletubbies.

I also want everyone here to understand that you do not need a Playstation 2 to play the game, as it will be released for the PC as well. Both versions will be compatible with one another. Then again, you'll probably have to have a pretty powerful system to handle it.

The feature that really sounds exciting though is that it's a billingual release, offering not only English text, but Japanese as well.

I've also read that patches and files can be downloaded on a hard drive.

On another note, it's been said that every precaution has been taken to prevent hackers from cheating. That's swell and all, but I hope that people won't be able to use the GameShark.
Posted
dear god altron, what are you doing in the ff section? I've never seen you here before, lol....

yeah, some of us knew about that ff11 stuff for a while now, there's even a few online guilds available now, lol....
Posted
[color=indigo]If the monthly fee isn't to much, I'm going to get it for the PC (if my PC will be able to run it).

If I do get it, I'm deffinatly going to be a white mage. White mages have been my favorite class since I played FFII on the Super NES (FFII being the second FF game that I played, FFVII being the first). It would also be cool if I could be a white mage and a summoner. Couldn't you kind of mix the different abilities in FFV?[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]

[B][color=indigo]If I do get it, I'm deffinatly going to be a white mage. White mages have been my favorite class since I played FFII on the Super NES (FFII being the second FF game that I played, FFVII being the first). It would also be cool if I could be a white mage and a summoner. Couldn't you kind of mix the different abilities in FFV?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I don't think you can mix different jobs in FFV or FFXI, but, I do know that some of the similar jobs will be merged together, basically, I think they aren't gonna use all of the jobs, just some of them. Not sure on the details.[/SIZE]
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]dear god altron, what are you doing in the ff section? I've never seen you here before, lol....

yeah, some of us knew about that ff11 stuff for a while now, there's even a few online guilds available now, lol.... [/B][/QUOTE]

^^ Because I'm an good FF fan, and I've followed the series since the japanese FFII. Plus, I have perfect files for FF III-X. ^_^
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]

^^ Because I'm an good FF fan, and I've followed the series since the japanese FFII. Plus, I have perfect files for FF III-X. ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

o_O;;

Well there's something ya don't hear everyday.. Altron's an FF fan... Intruiging..
Posted
[color=indigo]I just read in the latest issue of EGM, that it's not going to be jobs, but classes. It's going to be the same classes as the first Final Fantasy, except that the Black Belt is replaced by the Monk. And it also said that you can have a secondary class, so you can get a few abilities from another class as well.

[b]Classes that it listed:[/b]
Fighter
Monk
Thief
White Mage
Black Mage
Red Mage

If this is true, I'm going to be a White Mage with my secondary class as a Thief. :)[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]

^^ Because I'm an good FF fan, and I've followed the series since the japanese FFII. Plus, I have perfect files for FF III-X. ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

.................and only NOW you decide to post here?

*scratches head*

ugh, otaku's getting weirder and weirder, but hey, I'm all for more ff people here! ^_^
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

.................and only NOW you decide to post here?

*scratches head*

ugh, otaku's getting weirder and weirder, but hey, I'm all for more ff people here! ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

I never really knew it ever was here....I don't go to the bottom of the Board index cept for Staff Discussion....lmao ^_^

So basically:

Stone Cold Steve Altron has finally struck the Final Fantasy forum.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...