OtakuBoards

How Do You Get Pokemon #151 Mew??

Guest infection

Guest infection
HOWHOWHOW, my sister said u use a gameshark and I said no then that evil cinnabarbar island thing got me and whet HOHOHOHOOHOHOHO and i was scared.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]Gameshark is the only way, besides official contests.

Stay away from Missngno. That is the "evil thing" outside Cinnabar.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=green]You can use Missingno to get Mew. But you need Pokemon Yellow.... :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]
[color=green]You can use Missingno to get Mew. But you need Pokemon Yellow.... :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Missingno isn't in Pokémon Yellow. I've tried that trick, and it only works in Red and Blue. They must have fixed that glitch for Yellow.

The only way to get Mew, short of cheating, is to win one in a contest. Or, you can go to the Pokémon Center store that's in New York City and you might get one there.[/color]

Believe it or not, i traded my MissingNo to my frends Yelow version, and it turned into Mew...it was...odd to say the least...just in case it screwed up ou games...we made back-up files on our favorite pokemon/gameboy item...The 'Brainboy/Monsterbrain'

also, i find it cool that i you give it a rare candy, it turns into a Kangaskhan(blue, red)

...i also heard that it as suposed to be a wargeot...(wartortle, pidgeot)(Attacks:sky attack, water gun)

Something is just screwed up about them games...

But ys, you may only aquire a Mew through Gameshark, or th Official Contest...(you can always try my way :) )

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cruizr [/i]
[B]Believe it or not, i traded my MissingNo to my frends Yelow version, and it turned into Mew...it was...odd to say the least...just in case it screwed up ou games...we made back-up files on our favorite pokemon/gameboy item...The 'Brainboy/Monsterbrain'

also, i find it cool that i you give it a rare candy, it turns into a Kangaskhan(blue, red)

...i also heard that it as suposed to be a wargeot...(wartortle, pidgeot)(Attacks:sky attack, water gun)

Something is just screwed up about them games...

But ys, you may only aquire a Mew through Gameshark, or th Official Contest...(you can always try my way :) ) [/B][/QUOTE]
ive gotten mine from gameshark and the yellow trade thingy..both of them work ..but the yellow trade has a better chance of screwing up ur game more than the Gameshark does..the gameshark hasent messed up mine...and i use it for G/s/c..nothings seem wrong...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]Missingno isn't in Pokémon Yellow. I've tried that trick, and it only works in Red and Blue. They must have fixed that glitch for Yellow.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE][color=green]Try catching Missingno, and trading it to Yellow. Then reanme him to "Mew". He evolves not long after that into Mew.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B][color=green]Try catching Missingno, and trading it to Yellow. Then reanme him to "Mew". He evolves not long after that into Mew.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]After you trade a Pokémon, you can't rename it. You'd have to rename it before you trade it. Still, I don't like messing with missingno... That thing is a disaster waiting to happen (your game getting erased).

By the way, don't transfer missingno over to Pokémon Stadium 1 or 2. If you do, it might make your Transfer Pak stop working for transfering Pokémon.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]After you trade a Pokémon, you can't rename it. You'd have to rename it before you trade it. Still, I don't like messing with missingno... That thing is a disaster waiting to happen (your game getting erased).
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=green]Heh, sorry, I messed up. Rename it [i]before[/i] you trade it... :D

I agree though, Missingno can screw up your game. Doesn't Missingno stand for Missing No.- as in missing number?[/color]

You dont need a game shark you just need two versions thats all.
first you go to new game then you beat all the bages till you get the one that lets you use strenth and surf out of battel. But I must worn you dont go to the ship. trade a pokemon that knows cut. then you go to the ship use surf and go to the left. after that use strenth on one of those rocks. Thats what my friend told me try it. tell me if it worked.:D :) ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by TENCHI [/i]
[B]You dont need a game shark you just need two versions thats all.
first you go to new game then you beat all the bages till you get the one that lets you use strenth and surf out of battel. But I must worn you dont go to the ship. trade a pokemon that knows cut. then you go to the ship use surf and go to the left. after that use strenth on one of those rocks. Thats what my friend told me try it. tell me if it worked.:D :) ;) [/B]

[/QUOTE][COLOR=deeppink]I thought I'd seen the last of that Satanistic code...

That is probably the most famous [i]false[/i] code for egtting Mew.

It simply does not work. The creators put that in the game to take up space...

And it's a truck, not a rock. ;)[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]why don't you guys just get mew from the tournaments? you feel a better sense of satisfaction from getting mew there than from the gameshark.... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=green]Yeah, but what happens if you have to travel 4000km just to get there, and your parents are working?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by infection [/i]
[B]So......where do I get mew?:ball: :ball: :ball: :ball: :ball: :ball: :ball: :ball: :ball: [/B][/QUOTE][color=green]Read through the thread, and you wouldv'e known this...

He isn't anywhere in Blue. You have to get him from an official Nintendo tournament, or use gameshark. And I highly recommend not to use Missingno to get him, there's a 99% chance he will ruin your game before you get to complete the cheat. :)[/color]