OtakuBoards

Is FF7 a classic,junk,or garbage?

SolidSnake2

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B][COLOR=indigo]all and all a GREAT game.....

but it had nothing to do with Fantasy.... more futureistic if you ask me.... [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Final Fantasy VII was the essence of what makes Final Fantasy games great. :)

It's easy to be superficial and say that the futuristic atmosphere made the game somehow different, but I disagree with that.

To say that is to miss what makes Final Fantasy great on a fundamental level.

Namely, awesome plot...memorable characters...outrageous situations and a fantastic battle system.

Chocobos and mogs and all that are fine and good -- but they aren't what make the games [i]Final Fantasy[/i] games.

I loved FFVII and in my book, it's an all-time classic.

With regards to Flash's earlier post on where the name "Final Fantasy" came up, I believe I can help with that:

During the mid-1980's Square was making huge losses. They then began to develop an RPG -- which, if not successful, would be their last game. They'd be forced to shut down completely.

They named this game "Final Fantasy", meaning "our last hope at success". Needless to say, the rest his history. Final Fantasy has sold more than 20 million copies worldwide -- FFX alone has already sold over 4 million copies worldwide. :)[/color]

besides, don't you think if square produced FF after FF game all set in a medievil time that people would get bored after a while? FF7 was a change of pace and one which was good, might I add....

at the end of the day, it remains my favourite game of all time....

long live sephiroth, tifa, cloud, and vincent!

long live sephiroth+cloud yaoi! oops, said a bit too much there O_o;;;;

ff7 is without question the best ff game they made.

Oh, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't squall a non-playable character in ff6? (if you think im wrong, go to this site: [url]http://www.rpgicons.com/ff6squall.html[/url]
it says he's from the FFA rerelease though)

anyway... ff7 is the best game, to me. Personally, i think that it has the best music. I also like the story, and the characters, and the chocobos, and WHAT DON'T I LIKE ABOUT IT?!

the game is a classic that will never be forgotten in the hearts of gamers.

I AGREE WITH FINAL FLASH ON THIS SUBJECT.

And kuja, it isn't violence that solely attracts gamers to the villains, Sephiroth is my second-favorite character in ff7 after cid, and it
isn't just because he was the bad and violent take-over-the-world kinda guy. He was cool while he was still sane. Then after that he got kinda weird, but none are as odd as Kefka...
:cross:

Cid, Biggs, Wedge, Moogles, and Chocobos are like icons to the FF series (seeing as in every ff 2 and after they're featured, to my knowledge). It's cool how they're featured countless times in the series.

Final Fantasy... a name that often suggests old-time scenarios and ancient warriors... ff7 and ff8 are good breaks from that.

And that's all...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mystfalcon25 [/i]
[B]
And kuja, it isn't violence that solely attracts gamers to the villains, Sephiroth is my second-favorite character in ff7 after cid, and it
isn't just because he was the bad and violent take-over-the-world kinda guy.

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]This is why I wasn't particularly impressed by Kuja (the character, not the OtakuBoards member ;)).

The core reason behind that is that he was a very bland character. He didn't come across to me as having any feelings or history...he was just kinda...[i]there[/i].

Moreover, his goals were always very transparent -- they were obvious and he never seemed to deviate from his main objectives.

I preferred Sephiroth for a few reasons. He was unpredictable...violent...and very self absorbed.

Sephiroth felt threatening because he actually had a history...and his violence and evil were deeper and more disturbing than other video game villains I've seen.

I mean, sometimes he would talk kind of blankly...without any human feeling...and then all of a sudden, he'd go completely psycho and murder an entire village.

It was this strange indifference becoming extreme violence which made Sephiroth dangerous.

And whenever I knew Sephiroth was near (based on his musical score), I always felt a slight sense of doom...as if something bad were going to happen.

I never felt threatened by Kuja...at all.

I also thought that Edea was a pretty good villain, although the way she kind of changed her tune toward the end of the game really ruined it for me. Her replacement wasn't nearly as scary -- simply because the game didn't give players enough time to truly understand her successor...there was no history or feeling toward Ultemicia...

That is why I think that the ultimate villain must be represented throughout the entire game...so that by the end, there is a real sense of who or what the villain is.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]
I preferred Sephiroth for a few reasons. He was unpredictable...violent...and very self absorbed.

Sephiroth felt threatening because he actually had a history...and his violence and evil were deeper and more disturbing than other video game villains I've seen.

I mean, sometimes he would talk kind of blankly...without any human feeling...and then all of a sudden, he'd go completely psycho and murder an entire village.

It was this strange indifference becoming extreme violence which made Sephiroth dangerous.

And whenever I knew Sephiroth was near (based on his musical score), I always felt a slight sense of doom...as if something bad were going to happen.

.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

gosh jamesey, no need to flatter me like that in public, lol :blush: :smooch:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

gosh jamesey, no need to flatter me like that in public, lol :blush: :smooch: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]I was almost going to get make a Cloud/Seph Yaoi banner [i]just[/i] for you...

But then I thought that people may really question my sanity...so I decided not to.

(Actually, I just couldn't find any good images...oh well). Hehe. :blush:

Anyway erm...now, back to the subject at hand...[/color]