OtakuBoards

Is FF7 a classic,junk,or garbage?

SolidSnake2

Is [U]Final Fantasy VII[/U] concidered a classic, old game you forgot, or something that belongs in the trash. Help:help:! I think it's a classic because it was the best during it's time. I just don't get how people would think it sucks!:bawl: !

:smirk: Snake

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SolidSnake2 [/i]
[B]Is [U]Final Fantasy VII[/U] concidered a classic, old game you forgot, or something that belongs in the trash. Help:help:! I think it's a classic because it was the best during it's time. I just don't get how people would think it sucks!:bawl: !

:smirk: Snake [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]People think it sucks??

....which people? :devil:

I think it is truly a classic.. as are most FF games..[/color]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SolidSnake2
Is Final Fantasy VII concidered a classic, old game you forgot, or something that belongs in the trash. Help! I think it's a classic because it was the best during it's time. I just don't get how people would think it sucks! !

Snake 1[/QUOTE]
ya, i dont get thoughs ppl, its good

Well, you have to be fair here. Final Fantasy VII followed, arguably, the most beloved game in the series. A lot of people disliked the dark, industrial appearance at the outset of the game and immediately dismissed it. Other people might have disliked the characters compared to Final Fantasy VI's. A lot of people didn't think that the soundtrack was up to Nubuo Uematsu's usual high standards. Lastly, the battle system might not have been to their liking. Remember we were coming off of a four person party stripped down to a three person party. The implementing of materia surely turned a few anti-customization heads off.

Overall I loved the game. Most of the characters were very memorable in their own way. Sephiroth is probably the best villain to ever grace a game, console or PC. The storyline actually makes people think and interpret things. I've debated the ending with Sephiroth and Kuja to some extent and I can tell you that it's pretty interesting to see how others interpret it. Anyway, the game was released in 1997(I think?) and we're still talking about it today. That alone tells you the game is amazing. Overall it's my second favorite in the series, closely following FFX.

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]hmmmmmmm i didnt like FF 7 as a final fantasy game. I mean anyone who had played FF before that knows what the crystals, the moggles and chocabos (omg @ misspelling that) actually fit better into the game, and in general are much more fun games. While FF 7 revolutionized the RPG industy and set major standards it really F'ed up the series for a lot of gamers. Fortunatly they brough back the mystiqe that IS FINAL FANTASY. Most old school FF fans enjoyed 7 and 8 but dont give them credit for being FF games, while they liked 9 for bringing the most basic elements of a FF game back. I never understood how anyone could like the bad guy in the games it just shows how much this world is prone to vilence. The only bad guy you could really like is Magus from Chrono Trigger because well if you played the game u would understand im not going to spoil that.

Now as for FF 7 being a classic: Yes FF 7 should go down as a classic game by square but i think they should rename it to something else. It did wonders for the gaming community, turning fighters from the top game to RPGs (for a short while). Now it is sports because there are so many companys that throw crap sports games out there lol... i think 4 bball games a year is wayyyyyyyy to many 2 is enuff just to keep the game getting better. anyway yea FF 7 is a classic that doesnt deserve the Final Fantasy title.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=indigo]all and all a GREAT game.....

but it had nothing to do with Fantasy.... more futureistic if you ask me.... [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]It's an excellent game, and for it's time it was mindblowing. The first one released on the PSX, come on, you could never forget it, even if it was the most crap game ever, you can still remember it's crapness.

Never forget it, it rules too much :).[/SIZE]

Thanks Guys!:D I knew someone would realize that Final Fantasy is a clissic! Oh! By the way! The people that think it suck are :flaming: People with Nintendo 64s, Dreamcast and Xbox lovers(some of them think that)! Man I'm going to get that kid who said it suks:demon: and kick his sorry but to jupiter!:blackeye: Thanks again for the support!:cool: :D

:smirk: Snake

[B]Thanks Guys!:D I knew someone would realize that Final Fantasy is a clissic! Oh! By the way! The people that think it suck are :flaming: People with Nintendo 64s, Dreamcast and Xbox lovers(some of them think that)! Man I'm going to get that kid who said it suks:demon: and kick his sorry but to jupiter!:blackeye: Thanks again for the support!:cool: :D

Lol, did you even read anything I said? Trust me, all people aren't shallow. It's kinda harsh to stereotype people like that. I have all of those systems and I still like the game a lot. Some people do have mature reasons for not liking the game. It's all a matter of preference. You can't really say someone else is wrong just for not liking it. We aren't really rallying around the game....we just like it. Heck, other people's opinions are just that......opinions.

[B]Thanks Guys!:D I knew someone would realize that Final Fantasy is a clissic! Oh! By the way! The people that think it suck are :flaming: People with Nintendo 64s, Dreamcast and Xbox lovers(some of them think that)! Man I'm going to get that kid who said it suks:demon: and kick his sorry but to jupiter!:blackeye: Thanks again for the support!:cool: :D

[SIZE=1]... I have an N64, I'm gonna get a Dreamcast and maybe an Xbox. But I love Final Fantasy VII, how did you work that one out anyway?

You don't need all of those smilies, they're really annoying.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]hmmmmmmm i didnt like FF 7 as a final fantasy game. I mean anyone who had played FF before that knows what the crystals, the moggles and chocabos (omg @ misspelling that) actually fit better into the game, and in general are much more fun games. While FF 7 revolutionized the RPG industy and set major standards it really F'ed up the series for a lot of gamers. Fortunatly they brough back the mystiqe that IS FINAL FANTASY. Most old school FF fans enjoyed 7 and 8 but dont give them credit for being FF games, while they liked 9 for bringing the most basic elements of a FF game back. I never understood how anyone could like the bad guy in the games it just shows how much this world is prone to vilence. The only bad guy you could really like is Magus from Chrono Trigger because well if you played the game u would understand im not going to spoil that.

Now as for FF 7 being a classic: Yes FF 7 should go down as a classic game by square but i think they should rename it to something else. It did wonders for the gaming community, turning fighters from the top game to RPGs (for a short while). Now it is sports because there are so many companys that throw crap sports games out there lol... i think 4 bball games a year is wayyyyyyyy to many 2 is enuff just to keep the game getting better. anyway yea FF 7 is a classic that doesnt deserve the Final Fantasy title.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well kuja, once more, I have to disagree on you with this point.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[b]all and all a GREAT game.....

but it had nothing to do with Fantasy.... more futureistic if you ask me.... [/b][/QUOTE]

You too, Cloud.

Final Fantasy Seven was [I]blatantly[/I] a Fantasy game. Your point on Chocobo's and Moogles not fitting into the game as well as in other FF's? I don't think so myself. Moogles were (I think) either an extinct or ficticious species, seeing as they were only present in the Gold Saucer as Video Games and Costumes, and on the Snowboarding course as obstacles. (Not counting Choco/Mog summon, of course.) Chocobos had MUCH more depth than they did in any other FF game. Breeding them? Racing them? It was something unique to FF7. So really, I think they fitted in very nicely. Remember--The FF7 world was probably just like something in FF5, or another early FF game, but ShinRa took it over, futurising it and whatnot. So the game is sort of semi-fantasy, semi-futuristic.

And that brings about another point. How can you say something with Magic Crystals and strange monsters isn't fantasy? o_O? Final Fantasy 7 was very clearly fantasy, although I guess I can see where you're coming from. While places like Midgar and Junon really do make it seem like a futuristic game, you have to look at the other parts, which really are fantasy... The Forgotten capital. Cosmo Canyon. Places which could never exist in reality!

But relating to my first paragraph... I really think that Final Fantasy 7 world could once have been just like any other FF game, with all the races and what have you. I mean, the huge forest near gongaga town? Elves. The now abandoned Mythril mines? Dwarves. All we need now is a summoner village--That's right, the Ancients. Final Fantasy 7 could very well be an FF game, just more in the future...

Now, if they made all Final Fantasy games the same, without a change once and a while, what would the series be like? Would we see every single FF game starting with 'Garland has kidnapped the Princess... [I]again[/I]'? And don't forget about how many Old School FF fans have played FF7 and named it as the best in the series. Why? Because in my opinion, it is...

FF9 was probably more recognisable as a FF game because of its true connection with the early days of Final Fantasy. The Mages, the Airships, the Moogles, etc. I've heard people say that FF7 was bad because it lacked character customisation.. Which is of course, pretty silly, because Materia allows for total customisation of a character. Final Fantasy 9 on the other hand? Now that was wierd. Everyone had set magic abilities and stuff... Sure, you could learn abilities, but it really wasn't that customisable at all--Unlike FF7.. (On another note--FF7 stuck with the classic Fire, Fire2, Fire3 system... FF8 and FF9 both went with Fire, Fira, Firaga... Unless I've seriously missed something, the system used in FF7 was used in all the original FF games, so really, that makes FF9 less like the old games in that area...)

So I finish by saying this--Final Fantasy 7 is very clearly a Fantasy game, albeit a more futuristic one. It still retains most of the things all the older FF games had... Moogles, Chocobos, Boats and Airships, Magic, the old Summons... Just in different ways and stuff. But they were all there. Final Fantasy 7 does have all those FF features that we're so used you, and really does more than deserve the 'Final Fantasy' title.

Unlike a Certain Final Fantasy movie... *cough*

[COLOR=indigo]Something popped into my head while reading that Flash, it made me differ my opinion a bit.

Final.

that means last... None of them were truely the "last fantasy" now were they???

so why are we going by the word "fantasy" and not it's full titre as "final fantasy"???

If it has nothing to do with "last", then whos to say it has anything to do with "fantasy"? [/COLOR]

Hmmm, I'm taking a stab in the dark here...

When Squaresoft made FF1, they were in big financial troubles... Hence they called it 'Final Fantasy'... But it was a success, so they continued to produce the series under the same name... Or at least that's what I've heard.
Obviously it was called 'Final Fantasy' because it was Square's last attempt at a Fantasy game.. Or game all together... I dunno, really...

[COLOR=deeppink]I liked the game. I don't think it was the best in the series,but not because it's fururistic. I just had more fun playing the original game.

On the issue of customizing... Customizing can be good, but like Flash said about something involving Garland kidnapping the princess again (Bowser, anyone? :p) customization can be overplayed... I liked having to customize individual characters, but it was only good for shock value for me. It ended up me choosing just my favorite characters and making them like anyone else.

But, in a game with Classes and party customizations, I could choose my favorite characers and have quite a challenge playing.

Quina, Zidane, Vivi, and Amarant aginst Ozma. That should make a challenge, and I can't customize them to make it any easier.

Also, Flash said something about FF9 not being customizable... Customizing your party is just like customizing your individual characters. Customizing individual characters makes you use the same ones over and over again, and just changing around Materia to suit the situation. This is a lot like classes, except you change the people and abilities and not just your abilities.

Gah, I ramble too much...[/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=indigo]Something popped into my head while reading that Flash, it made me differ my opinion a bit.

Final.

that means last... None of them were truely the "last fantasy" now were they???

so why are we going by the word "fantasy" and not it's full titre as "final fantasy"???

If it has nothing to do with "last", then whos to say it has anything to do with "fantasy"? [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

I interpret the "Final" to mean that it's the last fantasy for the group of characters in the game. None of the games keep the same characters for the sequel, hence it's their final fantasy.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

I interpret the "Final" to mean that it's the last fantasy for the group of characters in the game. None of the games keep the same characters for the sequel, hence it's their final fantasy. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]I could of sworn that Cloud was also in Final Fantasy Tactics....... It was the SAME Cloud too....

not like the ever-changing Cid.... [/COLOR]

[B]

[COLOR=indigo]I could of sworn that Cloud was also in Final Fantasy Tactics....... It was the SAME Cloud too....
[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Yes, he was. As was Areis, kinda. It wasn't actually her, but it resembled her a lot.

He's pretty much the only exception, 'cept for Cait Sith. But even he's not in really in more than one, it's just he's a weapon for Lulu in FFX.[/COLOR]

[B]

not like the ever-changing Cid.... [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, but like the characters in Ergheiz, he was only a bonus hidden character. Sure, he had his own little back story, but overall it was just a treat. Besides, I'm focusing on the main Final Fantasy series. Tactics is a series of it's own. We've never seen Cloud in FF8 through FF10, now have we?;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

Yeah, but like the characters in Ergheiz, he was only a bonus hidden character. Sure, he had his own little back story, but overall it was just a treat. Besides, I'm focusing on the main Final Fantasy series. Tactics is a series of it's own. We've never seen Cloud in FF8 through FF10, now have we?;) [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]We could argue all day over the black and white mages, that come into different games all day... but i guess you're still pretty much right. [/COLOR]