OtakuBoards

The Matthew Sheperd Story

Transtic Nerve

I don't know if any of you know or care who Matthew Sheperd is, but NBC played the movie "The Matthew Sheperd Story" tonight.

I guess you can say Matthew Sheperd is a martre (sp?) for gay people around the world, but esspecially for gay people in the US. On October 7th, Matthew Sheperd was found tied to a fence and beaten to death by two people... why? Because he was gay.
This sparked alot of hate but ultimately helped in protecting gay people and any person who may be considered a minority from hate and hate crimes.

Did anyone watch this movie? If you did, was it at all thought provoking or did it change your views on certain things people or even maybe you, yourself, may have thought or said?

If it didn't do any of that, what were your thoughts on the movie?

I'm just curious as to how many people actually watched the movie... if you're on the west coast, it's on at 9:00pm. And if you did, what did you think. Please be mature about it. Thank you.

[color=red][b]i didn't watch the movie but i think the people who killed Matthew should be killed. No matter what sexual prefrence u have, killing is wrong. hating is wrong. [/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]i didn't watch the movie but i think the people who killed Matthew should be killed. No matter what sexual prefrence u have, killing is wrong. hating is wrong. [/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

slightly hipocritical.. if you think about it..

i dont think that the killers should be killed.. but put in jail for the rest of their life..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coolkam007 [/i]
[B]

slightly hipocritical.. if you think about it..

i dont think that the killers should be killed.. but put in jail for the rest of their life.. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]I would agree with life in prison if our legal system didn't let people out of jail who got life sentences. That lady who drowned all of her children in Texas got life in prison with no possibility of parol or 20 years......life means life. no parol. I only say kill em because our legal system lets em out again. If they didn't, then I would say no killing[/b][/color]

The guy who killed Matthew Sheperd was given two consecutive life sentences... I don't believe he gets parol either...

The parents of Matthew Sheperd did ask for life sentence in jail and not the death penalty... they felt like that would be the worse of the two... now this guy must live his life thinking about what he did... a slow, painful death.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]

[color=red][b]I would agree with life in prison if our legal system didn't let people out of jail who got life sentences. That lady who drowned all of her children in Texas got life in prison with no possibility of parol or 20 years......life means life. no parol. I only say kill em because our legal system lets em out again. If they didn't, then I would say no killing[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Andrea Yates has no chance of parole for another fourty years.

I don't consider that to be very light punishment at all -- she will have to suffer through her mental issues for 40 years. That's pretty big punishment.

With regards to the Matthew Shepard thing...I haven't seen it, but I am well aware of the news story.

It's such a shame that hate can sometimes be so strong. :([/color]

[COLOR=purple]*giggles*

Heh... I wanted to create this thread... but I knew... I knew you would TN... seems more proper for you to...

moving on...

Wait.. the Mathew Shepard Story? on NBC...? crap... there was another one? i missed it...

daggonit...

I saw "The Laramie Project" on HBO... which had me close to tears...

I literally wanted to throw up when the preist guy's actor said that he wished... that as Matthew Shepard was tied to the fence, DYING, that he had rethought his ways...

I literally felt violently ILL that a human being would dare think such a thing upon another human being...

The Laramie Project had me reevaluating myself and my friends, I have since stopped using the word "***" and saying things like "your such a ***" or "that was so gay"

yeah I admit I used to say them... but they killed Matt Shepard because he was gay... and thats not right....

I asked my homeroom/american past teacher what he thought of the Laramie Project and Matt Shepard b/c he's a really good person to talk to for me.... and by the time we changed subjects, I could feel my blood boiling and I wanted to slap him, hard.

I will not repeat what he said a)because it was offensive and b)because I don't actually remember all of what he said...

So this is the kind of mentor I'm growing up around?

Ya' know, schools teach sexual education, but not sexual preference and tolerance, thats such -beep-. It really is.

It's sickening to me that two humans would do such horrible thins...

but the one image that haunts my mind and will always haunt me until the day I die...

is the image of what Matthew Shepard saw as he was dying on that fence...

not that seeing the fence again wasnt disturbing enough, but the view of the city, from where Matthew Shepard actually was, that will be with me for as long as I live.[/COLOR]

i saw it. it made me so mad that they killed him. i'm not mad about they killed him because he was gay, but it made me mad because they killed a such a gentle soul and good person that he was. i was browsing awhile ago at his tribute site..every time i think about him, my eyes burn :(