OtakuBoards

teenagers and skateboards:Akira's rant

9mm Avenger

[color=royalblue][b]Please read all the way through before responding. Thanks.[/color][/b]

Now, alot of people here might skatebaord, or have an interes in it. Thats great, cause I think it's a very good sport. But I mostly have complaints to make.(if this is spam, I'm sorry) Now, have any of you ever been riding a skatebaord, pulling tricks and whatnot, and been called a 'poser' of other derogatorty slang?(or for that matter, called someone else a poser)I think this is a rude and purely ment to make other people feel bad, and make youself look good! Half of the people that call me a poser can't even do a nosegrind(skaters know what it is) without falling flat on thier face. And non-skateboarders think every skater should instantly known every amazing trick, because Rodney Mullen or Tony Hawk can do it, all because of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. Now I don't mind these "trick-requests" as I call them, but remember, not everyone is going to be very good at it. So the next time you call someone a poser, or ask them to "bust something out"(please) think first. Will they appreaciate being called a poser? And if you have a "trick-request" let them choose the trick. Not everyone can heelflipDarkslide, you know.

My second complaint is the hopepless ageism going on out there. Frequently I am stared at menecingly by old people and cops, mostly because I enjoy skatebaording. Now, ageism dosen't get anyone anywhere, and most of the time, old people only judge teenagers by what they see on the news, which brings me to another point. The media have hacked and slashed the teenage image into a brutal, abusive monster, kind of what the nazi's did to those poor millions, but on a lesser scale. Often on the news, I see: "Teenagers beat youth(often another teenager) and they think it's fun". God no! Most of us(99.9% of us) do not think it's fun! Obviously, most newscaster and reporters have left thier past behind, and forgot about what being in these tough years are like. Most of these years, kids try to maintain an image, be cool, do the right things...It's really hard! It's even harder when not even our own parents respect us! Most of us would do things differently if they could-i know I would-but we make these choises on the fly. And for those .1% of us that cast a shadow on the rest, don't judge us as a whole. Judge us as those "kids who are your neices or nephews, kids or grandchildren, poeple who deliver your fries and grocerys!" As one teenager, i have to say life is tough enough without the whole adult commuity cracking down on us.

-Akira

I can see where your coming from about those who call people "posers", this doesn't just occur to skateboarders, but to just about every other sports event, I'm there playing football (soccer) and then someone say's, "chill man, your no ronaldo/beckham/owen" which really ticks me off, and another thing that ticks me off is when I'm playing snooker, which I have been playing for YEARS, might I add, about 10+ now, I make a good break, and then someone says "stop trying to be stephen henry/ronnie o sullivan"....

I don't know why people say stuff like that, its not like its getting them anywhere to put someone down, hell, if they do what I do then they should damn try it themselves and see how hard it is, and how many years worth of work its taken me to escalate to that level, only to be critisized by them calling me a damn poser....

Yeah I hate other skateboarders/people watching calling me a poser...I mean sure I am not the greatest...but hell I just started skateboarding 3 months ago. But I love it and I am sticking with it...I can currently only do a kickflip, and ollie, and a FS Boardslide (well ok I only did it twice on luck but still let me have my glory!). And then I have those people who have skated all their lives come up to me and say if I can't do a heelflipDarkside or whatever that I can't skate at the park. Yet they can't:rolleyes: . But yeah the whole "posers" deal is incredably stupid! And people don't understand that it is harder than it looks!

Yes the media has hacked the teenager generation. It's ridiculus, sure some teens do commit crimes, but who do they learn from?! Everything is our faults! Excuse us...we are learning...God they went through the same thing they should know how it is and stop giving us a freaking hard time about it!

Thats true, Safer, the term "poser" dosen't just apply to Skaters.
And what Duo God of Death said is true. As a skater, your expected to know everything. I'm lucky, as I have good friends who are better skaters than most people where I live, and the people telling me that bullcrap listen to them, instead of me. It's hard, man. Most sports, poeple judge you on how well you perform, and they don't care that your new to the sport.

Majora, people are all ways calling me a poser (i just have a come back like not as mush as you or somthing like that) and they say that by just looking at my shirts, but I have my own stile and im going to stick to it as long as i like:naughty:

Someone called me a poser at skateboarding, when I don't even ride. I was at the local skate park with my brother (who does Skateboard), and all I did was ride not even two feet, untill someone walked up to me and said, "Poser". People are realy messed up now a days. Why do people have to judge other people? Especialy when they don't even know the other person.