OtakuBoards

does anyone know when DBZ is coming out for PS2

tronic

Guest Solid Snake
[COLOR=teal]It is supposedly coming this fall, but the precise date and the title are unsure. We are clear, however, that the game will have a wider environment than any other platform Dragonball Z will coming to, it will have a multiplayer mode, and it will be an RPG allowing you to play as over 30 different characters throughout your journey. To find more about this game, read the March edition of GamePro. This will not be the only Dragonball Z game coming to this system either. It is roumored that Capcom (or SNK) vs. Dragonball was to come to a cirtain platform, and it's best bet would be the Playstation 2.[/COLOR]

:blah:

I prefer the 2D sprites myself. They just seemed cooler on so many levels... And I didn't much like the 3D work they did in Final Bout... But hey, knowing the PS2 so far, anything they release should be awesome. :)

Guest Shift
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]it should be released about this time next year.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]You mean about this time next year in the UK right? I mean it's supoosed to come out here some time in 2002!! So u must be talking about the UK.[/SIZE]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tronic [/i]
[B]do you know how much it will cost[/b][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Why would it cost anything more or less than a normal Playstation 2 game? Almost all of the games for the PS2, and any next generation platform for that matter, cost $49.99 American dollars.

I believe a few of you are confused when asking for better graphics. It may add a good atmosphere to the game, but what I am really looking forward to is the great game play enhanced for DVD standards. If it succeeds, it will be much different than any game that had come to the PSX. Besides, would you suspect anything less graphic wise coming from the Playstation 2? Trust me, the graphics will be superb, if that is what you are worried about.[/color]

:blah:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[color=teal]Why would it cost anything more or less than a normal Playstation 2 game? Almost all of the games for the PS2, and any next generation platform for that matter, cost $49.99 American dollars.

I believe a few of you are confused when asking for better graphics. It may add a good atmosphere to the game, but what I am really looking forward to is the great game play enhanced for DVD standards. If it succeeds, it will be much different than any game that had come to the PSX. Besides, would you suspect anything less graphic wise coming from the Playstation 2? Trust me, the graphics will be superb, if that is what you are worried about.[/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, great graphics aren't necessary, but something at least presentable would be nice. That cheesy cel-shaded Goku was garbage. I hope it was just a mock-up. So far, many DragonBall Z games have had a combination of trash graphics and gameplay. Sephiroth claims that this'll be the last batch of DBZ games. I'm a huge fan of the show, so it'd be nice to see the series done justice.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]I think the GameBoy Advance one looks great, but I'm not too sure about this PS2 version. Hopefully, they've updated the graphics since the last time I saw them (if they even were the real graphics from the game). [/B][/QUOTE]This is the first time I've ever heard of a GBA version.....

I'm just hoping that the graphics are better than previous games. The graphics on the last DBZ game I played just clean pissed me off.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]This is the first time I've ever heard of a GBA version.....

I'm just hoping that the graphics are better than previous games. The graphics on the last DBZ game I played just clean pissed me off..... [/B][/QUOTE]

Just check out the Nintendo forum. Someone even posted pics of it, in a previous thread about it. It's going to be an overhead action/rpg. Many of the scenes look like they're ripped straight out of the show (script and event wise), which is a very good thing.

i was trying to find some pics of the dbz game for the ps2 and i came across this, i'm not sure if it's 100% true or not but here it is

LOS ANGELES -- Every third email pinging my inbox is some question about "DragonBallz." When are "DragonBallz" games coming out? Who's making them? Where can I get one? So when I saw a life-size plushie of "DragonBallz" hero Goku pulling off some wicked kung fu at the Infogrames E3 booth, I had to stop and get the low down.

After a long, heated exchange with the game's reticent associate producer (at one point I threatened to come back with a GameCube controller and bash him in the head if he didn't tell me what I wanted to know), I ended up with a few basic answers and a lot of unanswered questions.

Here's what I was able to figure out: Three "DragonBallz" games are coming out in "early 2002," for next-gen game systems. The associate producer (who I'll call Mr. C, to protect his identity in case he told me anything he shouldn't have while I was cursing him for not giving more info) wouldn't say which three next-gen systems, but the trinity obviously lends one to believe that there will be a game for the Xbox, PlayStation2, and GameCube.

Mr. C also said there would be two handheld games available, but wouldn't say anything else about them. He wasn't saying much. Here's a quote from the "DragonBallz" website:

"Infogrames is currently in the pre-production phase of game development and as such, are focusing on putting the finishing touches on game design documents and acquiring necessary approvals. As soon as this process is completed, we can begin regularly updating and answering your questions about the game."

Company reps showed video snippets from one game, which looked like it was done on the PS2 or a PC. The video was lots of hype and little substance. Basically, there were about six clips from the game interspersed through about 20 clips from the animated series. That's not to say it wasn't cool -- it's "DragonBallz," c'mon -- but it didn't shed too much light on what the games would be like.

The clips showed Goku soaring through a vibrantly colored world on a giant rock, performing different attacks. It's going to be a third-person action adventure, and Goku looked more realistic than on the cartoon series.

The 3D backgrounds, the trees, and house (all the clips took place outdoors), looked pretty cartoony. Mr. C said there will be three versions of Goku in the game: He starts out small and thin, then as he goes on adventures, he bulks up.

Although I didn't actually see it in the gameplay on display, Mr. C assured me that Goku does get to use his three special attacks. When I pressed him harder he apologized for not being able to show them. He got a faraway look in his eyes and said, "They look awesome, you've got to see them."

The last thing Mr. C told me was that Infogrames would be making some more specific announcements about the games in the next few weeks. They were waiting for everything to clear with the "DragonBallz" creators before they made anything else public. Plus, from the quality of the video they were showing, it appears to be a little early in the production.

[SIZE=1]This a picture easily made in a graphics program to fool you and others. They probably made it smaller so that you can't see the "detail" of their work. Or I could be wrong, it [i]may[/i] be real..[/SIZE]

well here is the site i found it on:

[url]http://www.dragonball-gt.com/unrivaled/[/url]

just scroll down and you'll see where it talks about the game, click on the link

it says the pics for the gba but it has the pics down below the others, just click on the pic to make it bigger, it looks pretty good actually, if it's real that is

yeah i'm not really sure, i just thought they would get in trouble since they said thay got it from gamepro mag.

here is what it said:
Its the moment we have all been waiting for: the very first screen shots of the Game Boy Advance Dragonball Z game! I found the latest Gamepro issue with a first look at the new Dragonball Z games coming to the GBA later this year. And there is some good news for all you Game Cube and PS2 owners: Infogames plans to release DBZ games for both platforms. While the GC version will be similar to the GBA version in where it will be action/RPG oriented, the PS2 version is said to be a more platform/action oriented game with more fighting. Both games will have over 30 selectable characters. For more info on this feature check out the March 2002 issue of Gamepro that should hit the news stands soon. Its chock full of images and info concerning the future of DBZ games on all platforms, including the Xbox and PC.

oh, its real alright.thats a picture right out of a page of GamePro's march issue!noye the same exact background and picture from te top of page 48 of March 2002, GamePro, as well as the unreadable caption below.It looks EXACTLY like the top of page 48!the caption reads, "according to Rinde, making the characters look as sharp and the animation move as smoothly as in the TV show will be Infogrames' biggest challenge with the next-generation DBZ games-whether for the GameCube, PS2, Xbox, or PC." I AM HOLDING THE PROOF RIGHT HERE IN MY HANDS!