OtakuBoards

Godzilla!!!!

MaggotDude

I just saw a two-page preview of Godzilla: Destroy all Monsters Melee in Electronic Gaming Monthly, and I gotta say that it doesn't look like I thought it would!I wasn't really expecting much when I heard of it at the PDHQ, but it looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!
According to EGM, you can control a few different monsters in many different cities and locations (even Monster Isle or whatever it's called!).The army even gets involved, blasting missiles at whichever monster causes the most damage to the surrounding city, and to get them to shoot at your opponent, you are able to pick up the opposing monster and throw it into a building to make it look like it was the monster's fault!!It sounds so cool!Now, all I gotta do is get a GameCube so I can play it along with Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime (which I heard is looking pretty awesome), and Resident Evil O_o

I haven't heard anything of it yet..... though that's probably because I'm in Australia....

I'm not sure if I'll get it or not, it sounds pretty cool, but I think it's a tad bit early to be thinking what the game's capable of yet.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.The game looks really great.They didn't use the new Godzilla (the one from that movie where it's rampaging through NYC, and they go into the subway system and torch the eggs), but you can choose to play as '90 Godzilla, the Godzilla from the new Godzilla 2000 movie (where the G-man fights off an alien), and hopefully '54 Godzilla.The graphics are awesome, they have e very interested, cause they took me right back to the old movies.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MaggotDude [/i]
[B]no, i dont, unfortunately, but i bet gamespot.com would have a big article on it [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Actually its a small news article, but they have a good load of ScreenShots ;P

And now I need a gamecube. Yea. Right now.... -.-[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MaggotDude [/i]
[B]Yeah, me too!I was originally gonna get one, but I switched to the Xbox, and now they're announcing all these awesome GameCube games! :( I totally need a GameCube [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Yeah, it was quiet for a moment...but the momentum is really starting to increase now.

I mean, not only do we get the announcement of F-Zero AC/GC recently...but Yu Suzuki confirmed that the new Virtua Fighter for GameCube is NOT the kid version...but is actually a [i]Virtua Fighter RPG[/i] which will be exclusive to GameCube.

Sounds good to me. :tasty: [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][i]Virtua Fighter RPG[/i] which will be exclusive to GameCube.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]can anyone say MK anthologies, lol[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]can anyone say MK anthologies, lol[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Uhh, the result of a fighter/RPG would actually be somewhat like Shenmue, as Yu Suzuki has already said.

You're trying to compare a subpar American developer (Midway) with Yu Suzuki's AM2? :rolleyes: [/color]

Oh man, I used to love Godzilla when I was younger and I have to say that my love for gigantic monsters that smash the heck out of things still rings true. By the sounds of it, the game engine will be based on a "living world" kinda like Shenmue and GTA3. These formulas are pretty much hit and miss, so we'll see.

Yesterday I finally snagged a GameCube and got a free copy of Wave Race to boot.

*Rubs hands together evilly*

Yes, my collection is finally complete. So, I probably will check Godzilla out, out of pure curiosity. One could only wish that the puny humans were selectable. Imagine an online game where a bunch of players tackled Godzilla. Although it won't be in this game, it sure is awesome to think about.

As long as the final product isn't too much like Rampage, I'll be set....

[color=indigo]Actually, I think I'd like a 3D Rampage. The 2D ones were fun, in a mindless sort of way, and I think it'd be even better in 3D. You'd have four sides of a building to smash, instead of just two... :whoops:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Actually, I think I'd like a 3D Rampage. The 2D ones were fun, in a mindless sort of way, and I think it'd be even better in 3D. You'd have four sides of a building to smash, instead of just two... :whoops:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, but after like a hundred levels of doing the same thing [I]over and over[/I] again, you have to admit it gets kinda old. There was no real gameplay innovation in any of the sequels, which qualified Rampage for handheld ports--not poor N64 or PSX games.

Don't worry, I don't think the Godzilla game will be aything like Rampage.While you can destroy the city, te game IS called Godzilla: Destroy all Monsters Melee.So it's more of a monster fighting game.If it were anything like Rampage, I'd puke.I really am sick of the "eat people, destroy buildings, kick cars, eat people" crap.It really gets boring like a quarter of the way through (and what was even worse, you had to beat it three times>.<).The Godzilla game should be like living the Godzilla movies, because you fight another monster to save (or conquer) the world, and the army is scared to death and shoots missiles at you (or your opponent).But I don't think you should expect Virtua Fighter 4 with monsters.I hear that you can collect health dropped by U.F.O.s (yes, there are U.F.O.s) and other items to power up fire-breath or an ice attack, etc.It should be really cool.Now I just have to save up $250.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
As many probably know by now I am a really big fan of Godzilla, I own every movie and game that has ever come out. This game along with many others that are slated to come out, really persuades me to dish out the cash for the system. However is this game going to be released in the U.S. or will I have to chip the system like I had to do with the Godzilla Games for DC!. :)