OtakuBoards

When was Otakuboards created?

John2

[FONT=century gothic]It's been around for a couple years. The boards were totally redone in August, they went from UBB to vB, or the other way around, or something, and all the old members had to reregister.

As comfortable as you may be asking the Digimon crew, those in GD can surely answer your question better than I. ;)[/FONT]

[COLOR=purple]Otakuboards is actually older than august... Otaku 2 came in august and everyone had to re-sign up.. ask Adam or James how old it is..

this should be in General Discussion or even a PM to a mod. not necessary to psot it here.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=deeppink]The boards have been around since December 1999. It was the 26, I [i]think[/i]. It used to be hosted off the TheOtaku URL. It moved to the URL of OtakuBoards in April of 2001. Then it made the switch to vB in August of 2001.[/COLOR]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
According to Adam the boards have been around in one form or another for about 3 years now! I got it straight from the lazy source!:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Yep, I think it's all been covered. OtakuBoards launched as its own entity in April of last year.

Though as has been said, it's been around for quite a while in some form. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=purple]Wait.. April?

The how is the Otaku Triad possible? They all registered on March 30th, 31st, and April 1... a year ago.. how?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]The boards have been around since December 1999. It was the 26, I [i]think[/i]. It used to be hosted off the TheOtaku URL. It moved to the URL of OtakuBoards in April of 2001. Then it made the switch to vB in August of 2001.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]Actually, there was no Otakuboards back then, it was AGB (absoulte gameboy). Then later on (not sure of the excat date) we moved to TheOtaku must of been about april, cause thats the time we changed over to OtakuBoards.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DBZChikaGhan [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=purple]Wait.. April?

The how is the Otaku Triad possible? They all registered on March 30th, 31st, and April 1... a year ago.. how?[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]It wasn't until April that OtakuBoards actually moved to the URL of [url]http://www.otakuboards.com.[/url] Before then, it was hosted off TheOtaku.com itself. The URL was something like... http:://www.theotaku.com/cgi-bin/forums.html or something like that. That's when the Triad registered, during the time it was hosted off of TheOtaku.

Edit: It was the 29th, 30oth, and 31st. ;)

Cloud, I'm not sure what you're saying in that post of yours... IM me later and try to clarify it for, kay?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by asar [/i]
[B]Is there any significance to the name "otaku"? Or is it just a name for the boards? I've been wondering since i joined here... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]I think it literally means "house", but it also is "geek" and "anime fan", as not-so-literal terms. Probably like Japanese slang.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=deeppink]I think it literally means "house", but it also is "geek" and "anime fan", as not-so-literal terms. Probably like Japanese slang.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Otaku is a strange word.

It essentially means "hardcore", within the context of being a hardcore fan of anime or manga.

However, in Japan, the word is occasionally considered offensive. Because the implication is that an "Otaku" never leaves their room and spends all day and night watching anime/reading manga.

So as you can see, it's an absolutely perfect name for our sites. :D [/color]

[B]

It essentially means "hardcore", within the context of being a hardcore fan of anime or manga.

However, in Japan, the word is occasionally considered offensive. Because the implication is that an "Otaku" never leaves their room and spends all day and night watching anime/reading manga.

So as you can see, it's an absolutely perfect name for our sites. :D [/color] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]You have such a high opinion of us all, James.[/FONT]

[B]

It essentially means "hardcore", within the context of being a hardcore fan of anime or manga.[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]I'm gonna kill Transtic, he said it meant house... :P[/COLOR]

[B]

So as you can see, it's an absolutely perfect name for our sites. :D [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Sounds just like me! I'm an Otaku! :whoops:[/COLOR]

I punched in "otaku" into the Excite search engine and found a somewhat interesting [URL=http://nim-bitz.com/nootaku/]site as to what it means.[/URL]

Hmm... The top paragraph is all I suggest you read, as the rest is pretty much a bunch of bull.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char-Char,Mander-Char! [/i]
[B]I punched in "otaku" into the Excite search engine and found a somewhat interesting [URL=http://nim-bitz.com/nootaku/]site as to what it means.[/URL]

Hmm... The top paragraph is all I suggest you read, as the rest is pretty much a bunch of bull. [/B][/QUOTE]

Even though the site maker was being 100% serious when he/she created the site, something about it made me laugh.:confused: