OtakuBoards

Resident Evil: The Movie Is Like Not The Game!!

SSJ Gotenks ok

I watched the resident evil movie the other night.And i was kinda dissapointed.First of all it doesnt follow the story line of the 1st resident evil game and there was no stars team and no jill and no chris redfield this really pissed me off since i've been waiting for this movie to come out for so long!!!! I think it would of been a better movie if they followed the same story line's as the games so im guessing there isnt gonna be no clair and leon in part 2 that would of been so tight.But if u seen this movie what do u think about it do u agree with me???

It was a good movie but it could of been way better:flaming:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]I watched the resident evil movie the other night.And i was kinda dissapointed.First of all it doesnt follow the story line of the 1st resident evil game and there was no stars team and no jill and no chris redfield this really pissed me off since i've been waiting for this movie to come out for so long!!!! I think it would of been a better movie if they followed the same story line's as the games so im guessing there isnt gonna be no clair and leon in part 2 that would of been so tight.But if u seen this movie what do u think about it do u agree with me???

It was a good movie but it could of been way better:flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

There is no way that they would have made the 'Resident Evil' movie the same as the original game, because the audience would know what is going to happen next, and would be very fimiliar with the plot. They wanted to create something new, and exiting, so people can enjoy it more.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]

There is no way that they would have made the 'Resident Evil' movie the same as the original game, because the audience would know what is going to happen next, and would be very fimiliar with the plot. They wanted to create something new, and exiting, so people can enjoy it more. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]I think the main problem is that the movie doesn't seem to relate to the game much at all.

I mean, at least if they'd provided a "direct" prequel...that would have been better.

But all this supercomputer nonsense...it's ridiculous. It has nothing to do with Resident Evil.

And in that regard, I can understand why he's annoyed...movies based off games would often do better to follow the games more closely, in my opinion.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]I think the main problem is that the movie doesn't seem to relate to the game much at all.

I mean, at least if they'd provided a "direct" prequel...that would have been better.

But all this supercomputer nonsense...it's ridiculous. It has nothing to do with Resident Evil.

And in that regard, I can understand why he's annoyed...movies based off games would often do better to follow the games more closely, in my opinion.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, i do know where you are coming from there.

Like if the Final Fantasy movie was based on a Final Fantasy game, say FFVII, that would have been a lot better that what they did.

So in a way i would have liked it to be like the games, but not following the story line exactly.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but from what i know, it looks good.

I'll be sure to see it as soon as it comes out here.

[B]

And in that regard, I can understand why he's annoyed...movies based off games would often do better to follow the games more closely, in my opinion.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Haha, James, have you even seen the movie?

Actually, it's very much like the game and serves as a direct prequel. Basically, the movie shows how the virus was created and how the whole situation with umbrella, the mansion, and Racoon City developed. Also, it shows the creation of the very first licker and the nemesis.

Basically there is very little "super computer nonsense." If you've seen the movie, you would know that it gets shut down early in the film and makes a small reappearance later on. All the computer is, is a means of containing the virus--it's not even the main villain of the film.

Anyway, as I've said before, there are no familiar faces because we would already know what happened to them, thus, eliminating any suspense.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

Haha, James, have you even seen the movie?

Actually, it's very much like the game and serves as a direct prequel. Basically, the movie shows how the virus was created and how the whole situation with umbrella, the mansion, and Racoon City developed. Also, it shows the creation of the very first licker and the nemesis.

Basically there is very little "super computer nonsense." If you've seen the movie, you would know that it gets shut down early in the film and makes a small reappearance later on. All the computer is, is a means of containing the virus--it's not even the main villain of the film.

Anyway, as I've said before, there are no familiar faces because we would already know what happened to them, thus, eliminating any suspense. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]My point is that the movie (from what I have read thusfar), didn't really stick to the games as it should have.

Perhaps that is fairly subjective.

In any case, the movie will still conflict with RE0...which is a prequel to the original.

And so that makes me wonder how Capcom will approach RE0...if they'll totally disregard the movie or if they'll somehow incorporate elements of both.[/color]

[B]

[color=royalblue]My point is that the movie (from what I have read thusfar), didn't really stick to the games as it should have.

Perhaps that is fairly subjective.

In any case, the movie will still conflict with RE0...which is a prequel to the original.

And so that makes me wonder how Capcom will approach RE0...if they'll totally disregard the movie or if they'll somehow incorporate elements of both.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I understand what you mean. Although the film serves as a decent prequel to Resident Evil, I've got to wonder if Capcom will basically ignore its plot in RE0 and contradict it with their own. We'll see I guess...

There is no denying that it replicates the videogame better than most, if not all, other videogame to movie translations. The only problems I've seen is that they overuse sound effects volume, rely too heavily on sex appeal, and steal a few scenes from other notable horror flicks.

Actually it doesn't interfere with the plot of RE0 at all. I mean if you've seen the movie like myself. You'd notice that it doesn't actually point to a specific date in which it starts or ends. So for all we know it could have started months before RE0, and it seems to end in the middle of RE2/3. You'd have to see it to understand it, but I think the movie fit in perfectly with the games.

That was a good example that neo had pointed out final fantasy would have been way better if they had followed one of the games i dont see why they called it final fantasy??:therock: But i think RE could of been better if they had followed the storyline.:D

at the end of the RE movie when they take that guy they talked about puting him in the nemisis program are they gonna change him into nemisis?????:naughty:

Guest Solid Snake
[B]That was a good example that neo had pointed out final fantasy would have been way better if they had followed one of the games i dont see why they called it final fantasy??:therock: But i think RE could of been better if they had followed the storyline.:D

at the end of the RE movie when they take that guy they talked about puting him in the nemisis program are they gonna change him into nemisis?????:naughty: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Well, if you have noticed the Final Fantasy games, they don't really, in a way, have very much in common with each other besides the name and a few side characters like Chocobos and Ifrift. Sure, the gameplay is mostly the same RPG kind of atmosphere, but the storylines and main characters are always completely different. The same could be said about the Final Fantasy movie, and whether or not you particularly liked the story is your opinion. Just as you may have liked the storyline of FFVII a lot better for the movie, so others thought the movie was great as it was. Besides, do you relieze that it would have taken forever just to show the major points in FFVII? Imagine making a movie out of that. I believe, and I hope some people can back me up on this, that they make more of an effort for the story of a game than that of a movie. This is because the game is supposed to last a lot longer, so they have to invent a great storyline that would keep fans playing all the way through.

As for the RE, unfortuanetly, I can not answer it because the local movie theatre is not playing it.

On topic, I would like to say that the movie sounds interesting, even more so that perhaps being completely based on a game. This way, you would have a lot more scares in the movie becuase you won't know what will happen next. This is just my opinion, however, so don't disriminate against me if you think I am wrong.[/color]

:blah:

I think the only problem with Resident Evil the movie was that it was too much like a video game. In the beginning there was some slightly scary parts, but it kept on getting worse and worse. It was just like:sleep: yawn, I think I'll kill you, bam, and you, bam, and you, crack. The zombies just kept on coming, and the kept on getting killed.

• 5 weeks later...
[B]I watched the resident evil movie the other night.And i was kinda dissapointed.First of all it doesnt follow the story line of the 1st resident evil game and there was no stars team and no jill and no chris redfield this really pissed me off since i've been waiting for this movie to come out for so long!!!! I think it would of been a better movie if they followed the same story line's as the games so im guessing there isnt gonna be no clair and leon in part 2 that would of been so tight.But if u seen this movie what do u think about it do u agree with me???

It was a good movie but it could of been way better:flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

If youre telling me that this movie is good, then you must watch films for the action, this movie was nothing but it. the so called jill fly kicking a cerberus, get real! who made this film anyway, all of the games made into films have been a waste of time, street fighter, tomb raider, final fantasy (good story, NO MAGIC!!!). i think that people only watch them for the name and popularity. But still, something to tell your grand children about. :devil:

Guest Morph
Yah, the movie was nothing like the game was, if you made a few ties into the game plot or story that would of been a bit better

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hybrid [/i]
[B]Yah, the movie was nothing like the game was, if you made a few ties into the game plot or story that would of been a bit better [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, it was a lot like the game, for a game to movie port, and did tie in with the current plot of the games. I've made references to that in my posts, so check them out if you wish.

And Raganork, the heroine (wasn't Jill though) was definitely a negative aspect about the film. I mean, I guess it was okay that she kicked the dog's head because of the momentum she had and the dog's decomposing state, but she was built too much around sex appeal. There should have definitely been better casting there.

I really don't see why people think it should be like the game though. If it were, it would be too predictable. Anyways, it wasn't perfect, but I still believe it's the best game to movie conversion yet.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

Actually, it was a lot like the game, for a game to movie port, and did tie in with the current plot of the games. I've made references to that in my posts, so check them out if you wish.

And Raganork, the heroine (wasn't Jill though) was definitely a negative aspect about the film. I mean, I guess it was okay that she kicked the dog's head because of the momentum she had and the dog's decomposing state, but she was built too much around sex appeal. There should have definitely been better casting there.

I really don't see why people think it should be like the game though. If it were, it would be too predictable. Anyways, it wasn't perfect, but I still believe it's the best game to movie conversion yet. [/B][/QUOTE]

Youre kidding it had to be mortal combat by miles, well at the time, but no one is into thatstuff anymore! :(

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *-- RagnaroK--* [/i]
[B]

Youre kidding it had to be mortal combat by miles, well at the time, but no one is into thatstuff anymore! :( [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehe, I forgot all about Mortal Kombat. Yeah, that was a cool movie. What a coincidence that it was directed by the same person who directed Resident Evil. I still liked Resident Evil better for some reason though. *shrugs*

Maybe it's because the second Mortal Kombat Movie, Annihilation, was worse than getting my tooth pulled.

I read somewhere that script writing and casting for the sequel started a little bit before the first Resident Evil movie was released. Apparently there are supposed to be appearances by Jill, and Claire in the sequel as well. I didn't hear any mention of Leon though so he may not be in it, but that would be odd. I also remember hearing that, the person (just a shadow of a person though) that walked past the window of the room Alice was in at the end. Well, I hear that was supposed to be Wesker. I don't know if that part is true, but I'm fairly sure the stuff about Jill and Claire appearing in the RE2 movie is. I also read the names of who were casted as them as well, but I can't remember who they are. If I find them again, I'll post their names.

Guest fire soul
Hey, in the resident evil movie i noticed that at the end, the guy who was hot by the licker, started mutating, does anyone else here have a suspicion that this could be william burkin that boss frmon ressie two

Actually, Matt (That's the guy's name, also a Max Payne look alike) will be Nemesis. You must not have been paying attention to what those scientists were saying. They said something along the lines of "I want this subject in the Nemesis program.", which largely hints towards him being Nemesis. Beside William Birkin never had tentacles in RE2, not until his very last form at least.