JCBaggee Posted April 4, 2002 Posted April 4, 2002 [color=red][size=3]I just need to make sure before I send this guy an e-mail...Akira Toriyama did NOT get the name for Kamehamea from a Hawaiian king, right? Was it either a big coincidence or is King Kamehamea as real as Dragon Ball DR? If you want to know what I'm talking about, some guy runs a web site called [u]The DB/Z/GT Legacy[/u]. It's a pretty good site, but he's done an entire article on this, and I'm pretty sure it's wrong. Just looking to set the record straight...thanx for all your help. --JCBaggee[/color][/size]
Transtic Nerve Posted April 4, 2002 Posted April 4, 2002 The Kamehameha was given to Toriyama by his wife. Where she got it I dunno. From what interviews I've read, she seems like she made it up right then and there when Toriyama asked her.... but I suppose the possibility of her getting it from that King's name is there. And yes, King Kamehameha is a real person... or was...
Guest Shift Posted April 4, 2002 Posted April 4, 2002 [SIZE=3][COLOR=darkblue]That's odd I could have sworn that I read that the attack "Kamehameha Wave" was from the old King Kamehameha!! I read it in Beckett Dragonball (a magazine published monthly here) And all of the info they've given before was true(except for the movies they know absolutely nothing about the movies.[/COLOR] [/SIZE]
JCBaggee Posted April 4, 2002 Author Posted April 4, 2002 [color=red][size=3]My theory is that his wife had studied King Kamehamea at some point in school, then several years later he asked his wife a name and she remembered the king.[/color][/size]
Syk3 Posted April 4, 2002 Posted April 4, 2002 Kamehameha supposedly mean turtle distruction wave, which makes sense. Though, the hawaiian king's name could hav had some part in it as well. I would advise not sending him hate mail. He might possibly be correct.
JCBaggee Posted April 5, 2002 Author Posted April 5, 2002 [color=red][size=3]Don't worry, I wouldn't send him hatemail, just a little tip that he needs to check into it. Now if he was posting info about new Dragon Ball series, then I would send him hate mail(and if I ever meet the idiot that started those rumors, I'll do a kaio-ken on him!), just because I still see questions about it everywhere, even though it's been shot down hundreds of times.[/color][/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now