OtakuBoards

Looing for a little bit of conformation...

JCBaggee

[color=red][size=3]I just need to make sure before I send this guy an e-mail...Akira Toriyama did NOT get the name for Kamehamea from a Hawaiian king, right? Was it either a big coincidence or is King Kamehamea as real as Dragon Ball DR?

If you want to know what I'm talking about, some guy runs a web site called [u]The DB/Z/GT Legacy[/u]. It's a pretty good site, but he's done an entire article on this, and I'm pretty sure it's wrong. Just looking to set the record straight...thanx for all your help.

--JCBaggee[/color][/size]

The Kamehameha was given to Toriyama by his wife. Where she got it I dunno. From what interviews I've read, she seems like she made it up right then and there when Toriyama asked her.... but I suppose the possibility of her getting it from that King's name is there. And yes, King Kamehameha is a real person... or was...

Guest Shift
[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkblue]That's odd I could have sworn that I read that the attack "Kamehameha Wave" was from the old King Kamehameha!! I read it in Beckett Dragonball (a magazine published monthly here) And all of the info they've given before was true(except for the movies they know absolutely nothing about the movies.[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Kamehameha supposedly mean turtle distruction wave, which makes sense. Though, the hawaiian king's name could hav had some part in it as well. I would advise not sending him hate mail. He might possibly be correct.

[color=red][size=3]Don't worry, I wouldn't send him hatemail, just a little tip that he needs to check into it.
Now if he was posting info about new Dragon Ball series, then I would send him hate mail(and if I ever meet the idiot that started those rumors, I'll do a kaio-ken on him!), just because I still see questions about it everywhere, even though it's been shot down hundreds of times.[/color][/size]