OtakuBoards

Question about original Dragonball on Cartoon Network

kyono

Has Cartoon Network ever shown the entire original Dragonball series? I would like to see the episodes with Freeza, Cell and the androids, were these ever shown? I thought I briefly saw a part of one of those episodes when I wasnt interested in Dragonball (I was flipping thru the channels), now I could kick myself! I dont want to have to go and keep renting the episodes! And, if these episodes were aired, do you think there is any chance they will air them once again before continuing the series with Dragonball GT? Why do I miss all the good stuff?
Kyono

Yes, CN has shown all of the Frieza, Android, and Cell saga eps. But don't worry. Knowing CN, they'll probably pull 'em out over the summer and play them over again. They always do. I don't know if they showed the Saiyan saga, but all the others have been shown.

Guest Shift
[SIZE=1][COLOR=crimson]Okay lets see, CartoonNetwork has played from the begining of Dragonball to the Android type Saga(they've played it all before they just haven't done it recently)(this is what they've done recently) they've played from the beggining of DBZ to the final saga where Vegita-sama sacrifices himself to kill Buu (which doesn't work by the way) and that's as far as they've played recently...and they don't show every episode because of them damn FUNImation censors!!(DAMN THEM!!!) and they haven't played any of Gt but they have played the entire thing before..they'll play this probably about 3-4 months after the ending of Z that's all i know bye![/COLOR] [/SIZE]

[color=red][size=3]CN has aired [i]Dragon Ball[/i] from the beginning up until Goku fights General Blue. They've also aired [i]Dragon Ball Z[/i] from the beginning up until Vegeta dies fighting Buu. The end of DBZ and the next 50+ episodes of Dragon Ball are scheduled to air in September. After they probably run all of DBZ again, they'll begin airing [i]Dragon Ball GT[/i].[/color][/size]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Sigh, I believe I meantion in a previous post that Funimation has not yet bought the rights to GT, they are still up in the air! Also Funimation has stated various times that they would finish Dragon Ball before they would even start on GT. Bring in also the fact that a dbz live action movie is going to be in production with the help of 20th Century Fox and Funimation, therefore even after Z and Dragon Ball, are finished this project will be the main priority on their list! On top of this the other 8 Dragon Ball Z movies also have to be dubbed somewhere in between this.

The point behind all these statements are that Dragon Ball GT will most likely not even begin production until late 2004. Keep in mind that they will release at least a decent handful of vhs/dvd's before they would air it. So don't expect GT with that added factor on tv until early 2005!