Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Has Final Fantasy 10 been released in the UK yet?


Recommended Posts

Guest BulmaVegeta1
Posted
Not that I live in the UK or anything, but has FFX been released out there yet? I am just wondering as to how long it takes to publish games in different countries. I know it's first in Japan, then US, then so on. But why does Squaresoft have to make a UK version of FFX? It's already in English! Does it have something to do with localization or a different type of PS2 out there or maybe the electricity causes different situations. I dunno, but some of you people out there must know!
Guest Shift
Posted
Umm it usually takes about 4 months more but i think it is out there....i'm pretty sure it is..
Posted
[SIZE=1]It's not released in the UK yet. We have had a demo of it with the re-release of FFVI.

It takes so long because they have to convert the game from NTSC (I think that's what it is) to the PAL version.

Plus, the PAL version of FFX has some extra goodies in it ^^[/SIZE]
Posted
the game is scheduled for a june release here in the UK, it takes longer not only because of the conversion of NTSC to PAL, but also because square are releasing the japanese international version of the game here, with extra stuff in it like a bonus dvd for example....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]the game is scheduled for a june release here in the UK, it takes longer not only because of the conversion of NTSC to PAL, but also because square are releasing the japanese international version of the game here, with extra stuff in it like a bonus dvd for example.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]Whats the difference between NTSC and PAL though?

-_________-;;;

it's not fair you guys get all the extras -___-''' [/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=indigo]Whats the difference between NTSC and PAL though?

-_________-;;;

it's not fair you guys get all the extras -___-''' [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Because we have to wait longer ;).

Dunno what the difference is though... PAL is European I think...[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]the difference is NTSC games are 17.5% faster than PAL games.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Faster loading time, or faster gameplay?[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]the difference is NTSC games are 17.5% faster than PAL games.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]Now why would they want to make the games slower? [/COLOR]
Guest BulmaVegeta1
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]the game is scheduled for a june release here in the UK, it takes longer not only because of the conversion of NTSC to PAL, but also because square are releasing the japanese international version of the game here, with extra stuff in it like a bonus dvd for example.... [/B][/QUOTE]
Hey, how come you guys get the bonus DVD? No fair!! That's it, I'm packing my bags! Here I come England!!!!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BulmaVegeta1 [/i]
[B]
Hey, how come you guys get the bonus DVD? No fair!! That's it, I'm packing my bags! Here I come England!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

They get the extra stuff because they had to wait an extra six months for the game. Just think about how old FFX is now, considering that it's been out in Japan since July 19th of last year. I'd say that it would be unfair if they [I]didn't[/I] get a little something for their patience. By the by, if you do go to England, pick me up a copy of Shenmue II. I would be happy.
Guest BulmaVegeta1
Posted
I'll try. I'm not toatlly sure what store in England would have the game you're looking for though. I don't know much about England, but I'm thinking of visiting there sometime.(for real)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

By the by, if you do go to England, pick me up a copy of Shenmue II. I would be happy. [/B][/QUOTE]

haha, shenmue2 is awesome, you really don't know what your missing :)

the game itself is slower, it just happens when the game is converted to PAL, which can be seen from those black borders at the top and bottom of the tv screen when playing the game....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]the game itself is slower, it just happens when the game is converted to PAL, which can be seen from those black borders at the top and bottom of the tv screen when playing the game.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Oh, so it's nothing to do with loading time, just the speed of the gameplay, right?

And those black borders, like the ones on some movies?[/SIZE]
Posted
Ah ha, also the electricity is completely different, thus resulting in colour problems. As I have a converter disk that [I]plays[/I] the game but doesn't convert it into colour. So I'm stuck with Black and White gameplay of Final Fantasy Chronicles etc. Though he NTSC colour converer is arriving hopefully tomorrow. :)
England rules except for the gaming delay. Oh yeah USA and Japan rule!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...