OtakuBoards

Has anyone seen vampire hunter D: bloodlust?

Vampire Hunter D

Guest Shift
Nope sorry havnen't seen it...it sounds good though...i'll have to try to see it..*adds another "Have to see anime to the list*

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I just saw it yesterday and it is a good Sequel to Vampire Hunter D, I really loved the sound track and animation style to this anime. IN fact they used the digital animation process which was also used for Blood the Last Vampire on Bloodlust!

If you're talking about the one showed on the scifi channel a few years ago, that was the origional. I loved that, so I bought the DVD. It was even better the second time. I saw a trailer for the second and I was in love at first sight:love: . I saw Bloodlust and it was much better the origional. It was animated much better, and was done by my favorite anime director, who I can never remember his name(He also did Wicked City, Ninja Scroll, and Biohunter. My two favorite scenes were "zombie time", which was when you first see the Marcus Brothers in action, and the scene in Barboroi, when Grove come in in his astral form. That was so cool. Anyone who has not seen it, I greatly encourage you to at least rent it, if you can find it. It should definitely be thought of as one of the top 15 animes of all time.

• 4 weeks later...
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Bloodlust was a kick *** movie. no doubt about it this is one of my favorite anime movies. the animation and music made the movie so interesting and so badass. my first favorites scene would have to be when D meets the Markus Brothers especially Borgoff when he shot his arrow at him. Second would have to be the final fight of D and Meier Link that was brilliant animation. i would highly recommend this to anyone. if you are wondering iIT IS THAT DAMN GOOD PERIOD.

• 2 weeks later...
what i think is cool is that, litterally, i found out they were making this movie along time ago; atleast 3 or 4 years ago.
no one believed me when i mentioned it and now ive had the last laugh. ha ha ha.
so the movies good... now i just have to go check it out.

I liked Bloodlust, but I don't know I prefer the original. Bloodlust does have its cool fight scenes, but the last one I was pretty disappointed with, it lasted all of 1 min and they each did maybe...2 things each. Bloodlust was a lot longer tho...too bad the left hand's voice (right hand?) in Bloodlust sucks, oh wll overall it's pretty cool.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred] I really enjoyed this movie. It was really well done, and it showed that no matter how strong you are, your weaknesses can be exploited all to easy =)

The animation was really good, and I liked how they put technology being broken down all around this world. The Vampire Hunters were a really awesome touch to the movie, and I have to say that D was just. . WOW. His character ruled, and everyone that I showed this anime to loved it. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jabroni3:16
i Have both on DVD, and both of them rank high on my Favorite Anime list. I have talked to many people about this anime, some liked Bloodlust better, others like the origanal better. "The origanal has a little more action in it." I don't know about this but that was one's reasoning. I personally like BloodLust more because the animation and sound, (Great Sound!) the origanal was made back in the 80s if i am not mistaken so therefore the animation wasn't the best in the world, also the audio on the DVD's dub is just incredible horrible (one of the very few that i actually like the Sub better then the Dub). I really recomend both movies to anyone wanting to watch a horror type anime.

Guest phoenix49
Vampire Hunter D bloodlust is amazing. It has great animation and you don't have to see the first one to understand the movie.
And I'd like to say "Thank God" someone else has seen any of the anime movies that Sci-Fi used to show 7 or 8 years back. When I talk to some people about anime they have no idea what movies I'm talking about. Some of the other movies that they used to show worth checking out were Demon City and Venus Wars.

• 2 weeks later...
I just now finished it, and I must say it was one of the best movies I have ever seen. Ranks somewhere in my top 5. The animation was awesome and the action kicked a**.
*Spoiler*

But to tell you the truth instead of letting them go off to space, and be happy together. I would have impaled the guys head upon a stick, then told the chic it was a dream, or something along thise lines.

*Spoiler end*

Overall, I highly recomend you watch it, over and over and over. :D

I've been wanting to see it, but every video store I go to only has it on DVD and I an't got DVD (not yet anyways). I've read the reviews on the story line and all, it sounds great.

I'm going to try getting it this weekend, can't wait:D.