OtakuBoards

Rourouni Kenshin

Spikey

Guest Shift
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]Rourouni Kenshin, has anyone seen it? I like it, but I have only seen two episodes. But does any body like Rourouni Kenshin?[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
Where did you see it??? I've always wanted to see that...

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=darkblue]Well it's not actually on T.V, I've just seen a lot of stuff on it. Such as information on sites ( go to either yahoo, or dogpile and type Rourouni Kenshin Information in) and I've seen a lot of pictuares. You might want to keep your eye out if you want to see some stuff on it.[/size][/color][/font]

This is one of the best anime series ever, ive seen all of it and i say:
1º Good animation, the drawing is very detailed
2º One of the best plot out there, the story is just great
3º The best sound track in ANY series, and i include ALL series. This is the best feature of this series in my oppinion.
This is one of my favorite series, i think youll really like it¡¡¡

I love Kenshin =P. I have the first 6 or 7 dvds.....not sure if that's what u mean by volumes or if u're talking about the manga (wish I could read Japanese argh), but it's freaking awesome. I love the opening song "freckles", aaaaah I'm a freak, heh anyway the first 4 episodes don't really have that much action, more of a pace-setter. But episodes 6-12 are my favorite, the whole Oniwaban group especially, anyway I can't reccomend it enough, it sux that when I bought the..whatever dvd up to episode 27, the guy told me that the next dvd was really good and it pissed me off because I didn't have the $$ to buy it ><, and in the previews it shows a lot of Kenshin really pissed and battaousaish, grrrrrr time to scrape uo my $$ again. If you want to buy it tho you should go to Best Buy, each dvd is only $25 there, other places like Virgin and Tower have it too, but it's $30 those bastards, oh well Kenshin is great.

WWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....
Me just loves Rurouni Kenshin. All those handsome bishonen. Anyway, the action is good, they drawed it wonderfull, the plots are very good, you can learn even from watching to that serie.^-^
And the OVA's are just drawn even greater then the serie. And I think the shimabara arc is the best part of all the eps me thinks, style changed a bit, example: Sano's eyes are drawn a bit different, and he has now just great eyes.
Rurouni Kenshin is one of my fave anime. ^-^ I just love it
I almost saw every episodes, only I missed the beginning ones, but I readed the mangas of them. ^-^
Rurouni Kenshin is a really must see. :)

Guest Morph
WOO! Kenshin is one of my fav Anime Series, i have seen it before, I downloaded it on KaZaA, though, i dont have them anymore, my computer crashed... not to long ago -.-;;...Im too lazy to re-download them. Plus it would take hours and hours... I want stupid Cable or DSL, not stupid Dial Up, 56k.... Bleh

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i]
[B]I love Kenshin =P. I have the first 6 or 7 dvds.....not sure if that's what u mean by volumes or if u're talking about the manga [/B][/QUOTE]

yes, I'm talking about the videos. We're borrowing them from a friend. (thanks again, Queen Asuka. ;))

I saw one or two video clip downloads on the computer that were subtitled, and the only thing that was different were the voices. Kauru's voice actually sounded good, and Sano's I think wasn't as deep. Kenshin's was almost the same, but a bit higher. Well, like I said, that was just a clip, so it might not be that way all the time. I can't wait to see the rest of the series.

I like a Kenshin freak... I love it... I've seen every inch of that show.... actually the only thing I havn't seen is the technique special they showed on Japanese TV way back when. I've been meaning to watch it.... but yeah, I have seen the whole series, the motion picture, the first OAV and the most recent OAV which first came out in November or Decemeber of last year and the last episode aired in late February/Early March, I think, on Japanese TV. It was a very good OAV as well... Although Kenshin fans won't be happy with the ending... Although you do get to see Yahiko grow up! He's so hot....

Rurouni Kenshin is an amazing anime with lots of action, great characters, and is easily one of the best series out there! I really don't know where to begin...

Animation: Easily the best animated Samurai type genre...

The series and the OVA's are amazing

Music: The TV Series has great music to match the tone/settings... The OVA's have one of the best "anime" music soundtracks ever created

Rating: The Best - (besides maybe Berserk).

:therock: :mrt: Peace!!:demon: :naughty:

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:D Well being the avid anime collector I am, I currently have all of Kenshin via a box set dvd import! I also have collected the ovas, including the new one that recently came out! Overall its just one of those great animes, that rarely are made!;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]:D Well being the avid anime collector I am, I currently have all of Kenshin via a box set dvd import! I also have collected the ovas, including the new one that recently came out! Overall its just one of those great animes, that rarely are made!;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Which do you think is better, Rorouni Kenshin, or Evangelion? (I am not trying to start a flame war, just seeing which the master thinks would be better for an anime newb)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i]
[B]

Which do you think is better, Rorouni Kenshin, or Evangelion? (I am not trying to start a flame war, just seeing which the master thinks would be better for an anime newb) [/B][/QUOTE]

I'd say they are both good... however, they are too different to compare so easily

Kenshin takes place in early 1900's late 1800's... deal with ALOT of Japanese history, some of it real, and alot on the way of the samurai. The Meiji era, the constant revolutions at the time... everything during that time. Due to that, alot of words and dialogue are used that aren't translated into English very well... techniques with the sword, group names, battles, significant names of people in Japanese history, etc... it can be VERY hard for an anime newbie to keep up witht he plot. It's VERY developed, more so than most anime, and can get rather confusing.

EVA on the other hand takes place in the futuristic present... yeah lol... it's a mecha anime, so big machines shooting guns... This anime though is VERY complex in it's plot and overall it's just confusing. It deals alot with mental problems, death, "love"...and all at the same time... it's like a giant soap opera.

I don't recomend either for an anime newbie. Something simple, ie: Gundam, DBZ, etc, then progress into more complex anime like EVA, Kenshin, FLCL, and the sorts.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]
I don't recomend either for an anime newbie. Something simple, ie: Gundam, DBZ, etc, then progress into more complex anime like EVA, Kenshin, FLCL, and the sorts. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not that much of a newbie, just saw trigun and rented a few other things, and I'm understanding eva so far heh. Thanks :D

• 2 weeks later...
Kenshin is now one of my favorite animes. After watching for about a month, I've watched 28 episodes of it and I am shocked how I am so hooked on it. I got episodes up to 42 and I just hope my friend can give me the rest of the series. It's just the greatest! I like Trigun too but I have just watched the first episode although I have the 26 eps on CDs like Kenshin. Man, awesome anime.